Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 39

Author Topic: Avatars  (Read 43502 times)

derekiv

• Bay Watcher
  • The smile.
    • View Profile
« on: June 10, 2010, 08:57:02 pm »

Has anyone noticed how they identify other forum go-ers by their avatars?  One forum I was browsing had the some temporally confused with the game developer because their avatars where so similar.

PS: I love spellcheck

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: Avatars
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 08:58:03 pm »

My avatar is awesome.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

AtomicPaperclip

• Bay Watcher
  • Who names their kid dagger anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 09:01:58 pm »

Yes, I apply different voices to different avatars and when someone changes their avatar I don't associate them as the same person.
Dear Toady: Keep up the good work man, we appreciate you and the game beyond words.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 09:03:18 pm »

Whenever anyone changes their avatar I can't recognize them for a while, with a few exceptions; mainly those who change their avatars constantly.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 09:23:55 pm »

And (to me at least) folks without avatars just kind of blend into a faceless indistinct mob...
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 09:31:04 pm »

And (to me at least) folks without avatars just kind of blend into a faceless indistinct mob...
They seem to do that indeed.

I occasionally switch avatars, but usually just variations on a Seal. I like to occasionally switch to Sinistar though, because Sinistar was an awesome game.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 09:32:20 pm »

Mine used to be

Or a subtly different previous version, but I changed it *because* it didn't seem to be very identifable.
Spoiler: getting off topic (click to show/hide)

I find that posting style is also notable, for a few certain users, when it is annoying in my opinion.

Also, the unfortunate fact that avatars will not consistantly appear for me gets quite irritating.

Still, better than the old days, when avatars weren't part of the software, Finally was a single board, only containing VN(that most users cannot see, now), and Armok(the section) was all shades of red...
Eh?
Eh!

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 09:39:19 pm »

People tend to judge a forumgoer's entire personality based on their avatar, this is true.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 09:40:48 pm »

What do you people judge me as?
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 09:40:58 pm »

Forum penguin here!

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010, 09:41:24 pm »

As some kid with a straw sticking out of his mouth. And then everything you say is that kid with the straw talking.

Also, all you penguins look the same.
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 09:47:45 pm »

Agreed on the penguins, I kind of attribute all the penguin avatar people to being the same person.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2010, 09:48:33 pm »

As some kid with a straw sticking out of his mouth. And then everything you say is that kid with the straw talking.

I hate that guy.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2010, 09:54:52 pm »

Agreed on the penguins, I kind of attribute all the penguin avatar people to being the same person.

Like a hive mind.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2010, 10:08:23 pm »

I also identify people with their avatars. I still think of Vester as her old Self-Portrait. It depends on how long you use it though. Footkerchiefs current avatar is the one I think of him as, and I refuse to belive anyone thinks of Jackrabbit as anyone other than Max. Toonyman's a conundrum. I have a mental image, but I can't identify it...
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 39