Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This version of LNP is out of date

Yes and it makes me sad :(
- 81 (39.7%)
Yes and it makes me mad/angry/frusrated >:(
- 29 (14.2%)
Yes and it's okay because there are other versions now :)
- 94 (46.1%)

Total Members Voted: 204

Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 137

Author Topic: Lazy Newb Pack - Very out of date :(  (Read 1982529 times)

shinyarceus4

• Bay Watcher
  • Catbombs!
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack [0.34.11] [V15] Updated GUI!
« Reply #1935 on: December 08, 2012, 04:50:37 pm »

Mayday's should already be included, hm... Possibly it's only in the Advanced one? I don't remember...

I don't see it in the graphics tab, and it's not in the graphics folder either.

sibelius

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: December 12, 2012, 06:19:13 pm »

Mayday's should already be included, hm... Possibly it's only in the Advanced one? I don't remember...

I don't see it in the graphics tab, and it's not in the graphics folder either.

How would I go about installing Mayday into the LNP? I can't find it as a tileset, only as a integrated DF-thing. I can confirm it's not in the LNP advanced.

DwarvenCat

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: December 13, 2012, 12:54:50 pm »

How would I go about installing Mayday into the LNP? I can't find it as a tileset, only as a integrated DF-thing. I can confirm it's not in the LNP advanced.
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7025 This link might help you. I followed the steps as advised on the site, and it works just fine. ^^

I have a similar problem concerning Jolly Bastion ( http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104261.0 ): I downloaded the most recent version, but somehow just can't figure out how to incorporate it into the LNP. Using either the 9x12 or 12x12 folder doesn't work either, nor putting their files in the Jolly Bastion folder. Any help? I'd really like to use this tileset.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 01:03:44 pm by DwarvenCat »

cryzed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: December 24, 2012, 05:50:33 pm »

The problem here is that Jolly Bastion is an ASCII tileset, I think the Lazy Newb Pack might not be able to install those properly.
EDIT: A "graphics" folder was missing in the "raw" directory and I had to copy over the "cursor.png" and "cursor.bmp" files from the default ASCII tileset -- it now works perfectly from what I can tell. Here is a *.zip file with both configurations (9x12 and 12x12) which you should be able to use: Jolly Bastion 34.10v5 (Lazy Newb Pack).zip.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 11:44:39 am by cryzed »

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: December 26, 2012, 12:18:22 pm »

Yeah, that's probably how it works. I know Lucas had to do things when adding tilesets, but I never done it myself...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

sogeking99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: December 29, 2012, 05:49:25 pm »

I know this is not on Linux sadly, but is there anything like it anyone can suggest to me?

Thanks.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1941 on: December 29, 2012, 11:29:31 pm »

You can run it on Linux with Mono + Wine.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

cryzed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: January 06, 2013, 01:14:52 pm »

For the german urists in our midst: this is a very good and up-to-date Let's Play + extremely detailed tutorial which currently spans nearly 150 episodes (he also uses the LazyNewbPack). It would be great if you could add the playlist to the "Video Tutorials and Lets Plays"-section (possibly with some indicator that it is german) -- his Let's Play/Tutorial really deserves more attention :)!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 01:16:48 pm by cryzed »

yongke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: January 13, 2013, 04:22:06 pm »

Dear Developer:

I am a noob trying to run the latest Noob Fortress.  Can you please integrate Mouse Fortress with it?  It would make the life of a noob so much better.  Other than that, I just want to say thanks a lot, and this project is really increasing the appeal of Dwarf Fotress.

thburns

• Bay Watcher
  • I came, I saw..... It sucked!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: January 16, 2013, 09:33:01 am »

I was wondering how to get LNP to open the Accelerated dwarf fortress. Forgive me if this should be common sense. But, sometimes I think I lack it... I mean I do play a game where magma is the answer to everything!
If only life and parenting were as easy as "Dwarf Fortress"

drdnght

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: February 03, 2013, 02:12:55 pm »

where do i ought to go for suggestions to add here?
Cause installing new tilesets is simple enough
but what if I want a different color scheme? can an option be provided to overide the default color scheme a tileset installs?

or...
what is another launcher I can use for DF?

EDIT:
think I found another bug
simplify graphics folder sometimes removes all the files in that particular folder (making it a bunch of empty folders essentially)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 03:14:53 am by drdnght »

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: February 04, 2013, 09:30:21 am »

LNP deleted my custom graphics set. It had chosen the wrong DF folder and I thought it was the one it came with, so I was messing with the options and had it install the Phoebus graphic set. I realized my mistake when I tried running it.
Later, I was trying to look for my graphic set I had in there and it was gone, replaced by Phoebus' stuff. My tileset was gone, too. It'd be completely gone, were it not for the graphics being stored in the saves, but my tileset wasn't there, though.

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: February 15, 2013, 02:08:30 pm »

TolyK,

If V15 is the most recent release (August of 2012), is it about time to consider doing another update?

* DFHack: As Schwanke said, it does not have the latest version (r1 instead of r2).
* Soundsense: Latest is r37 (compare to r35)
* Dwarf Therapist: Original project seems dead. Have you considered replacing it with Dwarf Therapist splinterz branch v.19.3 ? The latter is updated and has many features beyond the original.

I know you two must be busy, but... are you waiting for utilities and stuff to update further?

EDIT:

The Video Tutorials and Lets Plays section is really outdated. The most recent videos are for version 0.31.21! :o I'm sure there are more recent tutorials out there.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 04:29:25 pm by Thundercraft »

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: February 15, 2013, 03:25:53 pm »

I haven't been able to reach Lucas for a while, so I don't have any control over the front-page-post.
I also have a conference Thursday, and that's been taking up a load of my time, leaving me with little free time.
I'll keep that in mind, though, thanks of course for helping with the info and such.

Sorry to everyone else :/
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: February 18, 2013, 05:03:33 am »

I understand. Though, I don't think it would take long to update DFHack, SoundSense, and/or Dwarf Therapist (splinterz) inside the download archives. Even if it requires Lucas to update the OP, a download link could still be mentioned in a post...

Oh, wait. I see a problem. :-\ Most of the utilities, including SoundSense, DFHack, and even the old Dwarf Therapist are compatible across multiple platforms, including Linux and Windows (usually OS-X as well). The only tool I might question the portability of is DFInit Utility.

The problem is that Dwarf Therapist splinterz branch has a separate, older v19.2 build for Linux. And the Linux release is "alpha", meaning it probably hasn't been tested much. (He needs feedback, I guess?) Also, while v19.3 was confirmed working, since my last post he released a v20.0 and there's a report that this version is broken (non-fuctional).

Perhaps you guys would consider releasing separate Windows and Linux/OS-X versions of LNP? That might solve this. As an added bonus, you could save space in the Windows versions by using a few tricks to get a much smaller Windows-only version of Quickfort. (See my post for details.)

Anyway, I took the time to find 2012 replacements for the Video Tutorials and Lets Plays section:

Let's Play: Dwarf Fortress 2012: Introduction, part of Ahhugotme's DF tutorials

DFVIDTUTS2012 part 01 - World generation & site finding, a part of captnduck's DF tutorials

Dwarf Fortress For Dummies 2012: Part 1 - Intro & Getting Started, a part of 51ppycup's DF tutorials

Lets Play Dwarf Fortress 2012 - Amuggoden 1, a part of Bluenoise9's DF series

Russ Plays: Dwarf Fortress [001] - Prep & Striking the Earth!, a part of RussMoney86's DF tutorials
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 05:05:04 am by Thundercraft »
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 137