Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This version of LNP is out of date

Yes and it makes me sad :(
- 81 (39.7%)
Yes and it makes me mad/angry/frusrated >:(
- 29 (14.2%)
Yes and it's okay because there are other versions now :)
- 94 (46.1%)

Total Members Voted: 204

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 137

Author Topic: Lazy Newb Pack - Very out of date :(  (Read 1982241 times)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack [0.31.18] [V6.0] YES ITS HERE!
« Reply #480 on: December 14, 2010, 05:28:38 pm »

It has been submitted before but I think it couldn't hurt to say again especially now that its updated to 31.18 and is better then ever.

World Viewer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=72900.0

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 14, 2010, 06:43:34 pm »

Cool! Re-structured the OP a tiny bit and put those two under the Utility List!
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 15, 2010, 08:55:43 am »

hey Lucas what about 2 editions of the LNP? one that's lightweight (think therapist and graphics, what we have now) and we make a collection of lots of utilities when we run out of stuff to do (in terms of DF)

also if anyone has source code in C++ or Visual Basic (preferred) for any tool please submit it to me and I'll try to bundle 'em up.
Spoiler: awesome stuff (click to show/hide)

Lucas: my dropbox is dieing... I need to fix it up, I'll get to the code a bit later
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

vhappylurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 15, 2010, 11:57:00 am »

Thank you and downloading now! 8D

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 15, 2010, 06:27:08 pm »

hey Lucas what about 2 editions of the LNP? one that's lightweight (think therapist and graphics, what we have now) and we make a collection of lots of utilities when we run out of stuff to do (in terms of DF)

also if anyone has source code in C++ or Visual Basic (preferred) for any tool please submit it to me and I'll try to bundle 'em up.

Yeah, there could be the "Lazy Newb Pack" and a "Lazy Newb Utility Pack" with a bunch of stuff. Remember theres also a bit of work making sure everything is up-to-date, writing a readme/op description, and re-uploading. If someone wants to help pack one or do any of that, I would happily keep the OP updated with it.

Lothoren

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 15, 2010, 07:14:55 pm »

i love this pack. a friend got me into DF and i started by using this pack now im addicted. many thanks to all those who wrote and created all the ulities and addons and grpahic setc etc, and many thanks for compling them into a nice neat tiny bundle of joy.

and as a treat u get my first post lucky u

ildamos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 16, 2010, 04:57:06 am »

I've been gone a few weeks and now Stonesense is incompatible with the most recent version? Why? They stopped developing it?  :'(
Cat biscuits - long before the rise of humankind, dwarves already had their own version of Soylent Green.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 16, 2010, 06:10:57 am »

it actually is.

it often pays to take a look at the actual threads of these utilities, and pay attention to whatever troubleshooting advice that's there.

Xzalander

• Bay Watcher
  • Flooding Forts Since 1402.
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 16, 2010, 12:14:21 pm »

it actually is.

it often pays to take a look at the actual threads of these utilities, and pay attention to whatever troubleshooting advice that's there.

I've scoured the SSense thread and everything in it poits to it only being compatible with 31.16, not 31.18.
If someone is going to mess with my fort, they deserve to drown in poop.

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 16, 2010, 04:46:08 pm »

I have a note next to SS that says "Copy the .xml from DFHack for partial 31.18 compatability"
But also I think downloading the latest xml linked in the main post somewhere (hidden in a spoiler) may do it.

But I don't blame you guys, it really ISN'T apparent. The link to the the XML is tiny and hidden, and doesn't give any hint to what version it is compatible with.

Ratbert_CP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Enraged Primate
« Reply #490 on: December 16, 2010, 05:37:58 pm »

I have a note next to SS that says "Copy the .xml from DFHack for partial 31.18 compatability"
But also I think downloading the latest xml linked in the main post somewhere (hidden in a spoiler) may do it.

But I don't blame you guys, it really ISN'T apparent. The link to the the XML is tiny and hidden, and doesn't give any hint to what version it is compatible with.

Yeah, you kind have to know beforehand that SS uses dfhack, and that an updated memory.xml is what's needed...
Ratbert #CP#Z
"For FUN and HONOR!"

Xzalander

• Bay Watcher
  • Flooding Forts Since 1402.
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 16, 2010, 05:54:53 pm »

Yeah, you kind have to know beforehand that SS uses dfhack, and that an updated memory.xml is what's needed...

Oooh. Well thanks for clearing that up. I take it thats just a buggy work around for now?
If someone is going to mess with my fort, they deserve to drown in poop.

Ratbert_CP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Enraged Primate
« Reply #492 on: December 16, 2010, 06:01:24 pm »

Oooh. Well thanks for clearing that up. I take it thats just a buggy work around for now?

No...  Whenever a new DF is released, you need to get the new memory.xml from the various hackers (white hat) who map out the memory usage.  That way, all the tools that use dfhack get updated simultaneously, and every tool doesn't need to be updated every time.
Ratbert #CP#Z
"For FUN and HONOR!"

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 16, 2010, 06:11:46 pm »

Okay so I put a direct link to the latest SS memory.xml and highlighted it in green. Hopefully more helpful?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: December 17, 2010, 10:20:14 am »

about DFconfig...

I saw you guys talking in the thread dedicated to that, well I guess if all three of us work together we could finish it and update it to 2008 for parallel versions (some computers don't support VB5/6)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 137