Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This version of LNP is out of date

Yes and it makes me sad :(
- 81 (39.7%)
Yes and it makes me mad/angry/frusrated >:(
- 29 (14.2%)
Yes and it's okay because there are other versions now :)
- 94 (46.1%)

Total Members Voted: 204

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 137

Author Topic: Lazy Newb Pack - Very out of date :(  (Read 1981042 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack [0.31.18] [V7.0] RELEASED! NOW WITH GUI!
« Reply #540 on: January 05, 2011, 05:41:35 am »

well, you see, all the utilities depend on one person that knows how to make them compatible with the latest DF version, and he's got exams.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack [0.31.18] [V7.0] RELEASED! NOW WITH GUI!
« Reply #541 on: January 05, 2011, 05:19:42 pm »

try wine.  ;D

For best results, use Moscato, especially when paired with pasta with white sauce, such as alfredo. In red sauce instances, use Cabernet Sauvignon.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack [0.31.18] [V7.0] With Graphical User Interface!
« Reply #542 on: January 07, 2011, 03:54:41 pm »

So we have a very cool volunteer helping us get LNP Mac & Linux compatible!

Does anyone know some utilities that are Mac or Linux compatible? Otherwise it may not include them
I know DT is partially Linux compatible, but it doesn't look like it would be straightforward to just include? (There are specific installation instructions etc)
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 07, 2011, 05:06:56 pm »

Does anyone know some utilities that are Mac or Linux compatible? Otherwise it may not include them
I know DT is partially Linux compatible, but it doesn't look like it would be straightforward to just include? (There are specific installation instructions etc)

There's an OLLLLLLLD Mayday version. As far as I know, all of us Linux folks not on Ubuntu are screwed over. I NEED Mayday and I NEED DT to play this game. Without those...
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: January 08, 2011, 12:33:21 am »

There's an OLLLLLLLD Mayday version. As far as I know, all of us Linux folks not on Ubuntu are screwed over. I NEED Mayday and I NEED DT to play this game. Without those...

Uhh.. as far as I know graphics work the same across versions, and can be installed manually in the same way.
It should be easy to have the newest Mayday, Ironhand, Phoebus and any other graphics pack working with LNP mac/linux.
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: January 08, 2011, 03:08:32 am »

any utilities that use DFhack don't have mac versions, and probably never will.

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: January 08, 2011, 04:39:40 pm »

Uhh.. as far as I know graphics work the same across versions, and can be installed manually in the same way.
It should be easy to have the newest Mayday, Ironhand, Phoebus and any other graphics pack working with LNP mac/linux.

You were right! Now if only I can get DT working...
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

DKS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: January 09, 2011, 12:13:09 am »

I love the new GUI, but I had a few suggestions occur to me (I don't really know how feasible these are, so feel free to act with comically over the top anger/insults if they aren't):
  • Being able to set up a list of utilities to launch with dwarf fortress would be awesome. for example, I always use Dwarf Therapist and Soundsense with it, and so opening all three at once would be perfect.
  • Being able to add my own dorfy links under that section of the menu bar would be nice.
  • Also having the Utilities list use some sort of tree view would be make finding individual ones easier.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 12:15:48 am by DKS »

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: January 09, 2011, 03:28:25 am »

I love the new GUI, but I had a few suggestions occur to me (I don't really know how feasible these are, so feel free to act with comically over the top anger/insults if they aren't):
  • Being able to set up a list of utilities to launch with dwarf fortress would be awesome. for example, I always use Dwarf Therapist and Soundsense with it, and so opening all three at once would be perfect.
  • Being able to add my own dorfy links under that section of the menu bar would be nice.
  • Also having the Utilities list use some sort of tree view would be make finding individual ones easier.
1. Could be done. We will need to have some files, if demand is popular enough we'll probably do it.
2. I'll have to remember dynamic menus and link it all, but it should work. Bit later though.
3. By folders, yes. By belonging to a whole... what it does right now is look for all the .exe's and .jar's in the DF folder (and all subfolders) so that might be a problem. It also lists some stray programs right now.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Alexei403

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: January 11, 2011, 03:43:29 am »

So I click on the exe and "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application."  :(

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: January 11, 2011, 07:46:09 am »

hey look our first error!

Please post:

Operating System
System Specs (in a spoiler!)
Whether you have installed Microsoft's .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.0 (check their website for that) though some programs automatically put it in when installing.
Screenie
Repro steps
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Alexei403

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: January 11, 2011, 09:21:58 am »

Awesome, debug time.

System Specs (really not sure how much detail is to go here. Let me know if you need anything else):

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I don't think I have a .NET Framework installed? Nothing I can find in the registry anyway. Should I install/update it, and if so, to which version?

Screenshot of the error here

Since all I did was click on it to run it, I doubt it is very reproducible. Hopefully the problem is that I don't seem to have a .NET Framework version, or if I do it isn't making itself very noticeable. :/

rwilliams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: January 11, 2011, 10:53:03 am »

I get this message. I'm on Windows Vista?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 11, 2011, 11:31:26 am »

For the next two issues you need to install the .NET framework 3.5 (and/or 4.0 but make sure to get 3.5 first).

Most things already install this, but evidently it hasn't been installed for you.
The download is at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=9cfb2d51-5ff4-4491-b0e5-b386f32c0992&displaylang=en and the main page is at http://www.microsoft.com/net/

Please report back after installing this. Thanks for your time and patience. [/customer service speech]
C'ya!

Awesome, debug time.
System Specs (really not sure how much detail is to go here. Let me know if you need anything else):

I don't think I have a .NET Framework installed? Nothing I can find in the registry anyway. Should I install/update it, and if so, to which version?

Screenshot of the error here

Since all I did was click on it to run it, I doubt it is very reproducible. Hopefully the problem is that I don't seem to have a .NET Framework version, or if I do it isn't making itself very noticeable. :/
Yeah, it works for me on XP. I guess ya need .NET installed (it weighs practically nothing), get 3.5 and 4.0 (3.5 is needed for this, or the highest 3.x on XP)

I get this message. I'm on Windows Vista?

You have the same problem. I'll get Lucas to put up a link to 3.5 .NET framework.

NOTE TO SELF:
"Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0' " means it's a .NET error.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 01:18:21 pm by TolyK »
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Alexei403

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: January 11, 2011, 01:08:05 pm »

I get a .NET Framework Initialization "Unable to find a version of the runtime to run this application." error. I installed 4, should I get 3.5 instead? Would that make a difference?

EDIT: Installing 3.5, figured it probably wouldn't hurt anything. I can always just reformat and install, as I have nothing useful on this computer at the moment that can't be backed up to a flash drive.

EDIT EDIT: Hey, 3.5 works perfectly. That's what I get for not reading posts thoroughly! :D
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 01:13:39 pm by Alexei403 »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 137