Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This version of LNP is out of date

Yes and it makes me sad :(
- 81 (39.7%)
Yes and it makes me mad/angry/frusrated >:(
- 29 (14.2%)
Yes and it's okay because there are other versions now :)
- 94 (46.1%)

Total Members Voted: 204

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 137

Author Topic: Lazy Newb Pack - Very out of date :(  (Read 1982570 times)

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
Re: Lazy Newb Pack [0.31.25] [V9.1] Updates
« Reply #975 on: June 13, 2011, 09:19:05 am »

No mods at all. I downloaded the current version of LNP, did not change anything (excep for numbers for water depth), generated a world, played it for a while, saved and closed, and now I tried to change to ASCII via the LNP GUI.

I am glad that daveralph1234 could also reproduce this problem.
I stream most of my DF sessions: gaming.youtube/nagidal146, they are archived on my youtube channel. (Dwarf Fortress Tutorials)

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
« Reply #976 on: June 13, 2011, 09:20:26 am »

Are you guys using ironhand?

No, I think Phoebus is what the default graphic set was. Anyway, I played it with Phoebus.
I stream most of my DF sessions: gaming.youtube/nagidal146, they are archived on my youtube channel. (Dwarf Fortress Tutorials)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: June 13, 2011, 09:22:04 am »

???
Starting to reproduce...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: June 13, 2011, 10:21:14 am »

Hello, I downloaded this LNP, generated a world and started a game in the graphics mode (Phoebus). Now I would like to play the game in the ASCII mode again. So tried to change it back to the Default ASCII 31.25 via the LNP GUI and let my savegames update. The problem is, when I start DF now and load my savegame, I get a fatal error: Missing reaction definition.

What's going wrong here? Is there a way to change it to default ASCII now?
SOLUTION: I had this problem too, it seems that Phoebus uses a previous version of the raws where the soap reaction wasn't diversified, the reactions_other.txt file specifically:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If you delete the block that has "!!" (are these comments??) you should be able to use the other packs, but whenever you use Phoebus again, it will add that back....

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: June 13, 2011, 10:31:04 am »

aaaah, thanks for the heads up! I was about to post about testing this and getting the error, I'll try that fix  :P
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
« Reply #980 on: June 13, 2011, 11:33:15 am »

SOLUTION: I had this problem too, it seems that Phoebus uses a previous version of the raws where the soap reaction wasn't diversified, the reactions_other.txt file specifically:

If you delete the block that has "!!" (are these comments??) you should be able to use the other packs, but whenever you use Phoebus again, it will add that back....

Thanks for this explanation, but it does not seem to work for me. Both My reaction_other.txt files (\raw\objects\reaction_other.txt and \save\region1\raw\objects\reaction_other.txt) look like the "!!!"-lines have been deleted already. Yet I get that error.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 11:39:29 am by Nagidal »

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: June 13, 2011, 12:34:56 pm »

Thanks for this explanation, but it does not seem to work for me. Both My reaction_other.txt files (\raw\objects\reaction_other.txt and \save\region1\raw\objects\reaction_other.txt) look like the "!!!"-lines have been deleted already. Yet I get that error.
Maybe I got it backwards??, try adding the lines...

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
« Reply #982 on: June 13, 2011, 12:53:39 pm »

Thanks, adding those lines solved my problem.

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: June 13, 2011, 02:30:30 pm »

Dwarf Fortress Wiki > DF2010:Sun berry > Bugs
Like all plants with the [GOOD] and [EVIL] tags, sun berries currently don't show up anywhere.

As a workaround, why not have a [Good/Evil Plants] button on the Options/Mods tab? When set to "No" it would replace all the [GOOD] and [EVIL] tags from "plant_standard.txt" with !GOOD! and !EVIL!. That would allow these plants to show up, although they'd also show up in biomes they're not supposed to.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: June 13, 2011, 02:31:55 pm »

gud idea.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: June 13, 2011, 03:20:50 pm »

Thanks, adding those lines solved my problem.
Yep, I got it backwards, it seems Phoebus pack is not the problem? the other packs remove those tags (although aren't "!!!" commentaries why does it break by removing commentaries??) and the game needs the (commented?) tags in order to work??

In a fresh download of "lazy newb pack" are the tags there or not? what about in a fresh download of DF itself??
In a fresh download of "lazy newb pack" all the packs work fine, when you install Phoebus and try to install another pack after it, the problems with these tags arise... maybe it's not the packs but the "lazy newb pack" reverting the tags to its original state when you try to install a new pack??

I suppose that when you hit "install graphic pack" in "lazy newb pack" the LNP has to revert the raws to their original vanilla state, and then mod them to whatever the selected graphic pack does, so when you revert back from phoebus it's broken?? on second though that wouldn't explain why you can change freely between the other packs BUT phoebus...  ???  if that were the case it should also break when installing other pack and changing to another....

This is quite new, in the 31.21 version I remember changing freely from every single pack even phoebus without coming to that error... so it's something that changed in the LNP repacking for version 31.25  ;)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 03:22:22 pm by Kaos »

mercator

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: June 14, 2011, 01:32:15 am »

Is it just me? When I download the pack from either option my AV warns of a backdoor hack in dfattachtest.exe.

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: June 14, 2011, 01:41:28 am »

Dwarf Fortress Wiki > DF2010:Sun berry > Bugs
Like all plants with the [GOOD] and [EVIL] tags, sun berries currently don't show up anywhere.

Update: I followed the bug report and learned more. It seems merely editing the [GOOD] and [EVIL] tags, by itself, may not be enough:
Good/evil plants/trees don't appear (feather trees, glumprongs, sliver barbs, and sun berries)
Deleting [GOOD]/[EVIL] tags in plant_standard.txt doesn't help, but is required with more editing to make some workaround (these trees will appear in any biomes - good, evil and normal):
http://pastebin.com/vc3fLvCD
This pastebin contains code fixes for the Glumprong and Feather Tree, but that's it. I'll have to dig around to see if there's a fix for Sliver Barbs and Sun Berries (if it's even possible without an official bug fix).

greenskye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: June 14, 2011, 11:25:51 pm »

Is it just me? When I download the pack from either option my AV warns of a backdoor hack in dfattachtest.exe.

DF Hack (a utility included in LNP) modifies Dwarf Fortress memory in order to work. It sometimes gets flagged incorrectly by virus scanners. Just whitelist it (or delete it if you have no use for it). Search this thread for "virus" and you can see more discussion of this issue.

To LNP maintainers: Might want to add something in the first post about DF Hack and anti-virus. Seems like this question is being brought up a lot.

finite.

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: June 15, 2011, 01:52:19 am »

Just wanted to say thanks for this pack!
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 137