Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This version of LNP is out of date

Yes and it makes me sad :(
- 81 (39.7%)
Yes and it makes me mad/angry/frusrated >:(
- 29 (14.2%)
Yes and it's okay because there are other versions now :)
- 94 (46.1%)

Total Members Voted: 204

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 137

Author Topic: Lazy Newb Pack - Very out of date :(  (Read 1977522 times)

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack [0.31.25] [V9.3] UPDATES?! DFHack & Graphics
« Reply #1140 on: December 31, 2011, 12:37:33 pm »

Spoiler: Some Screenshots (click to show/hide)
I love the dark look of it, matches my forum theme, and really brings out the evil in my eyes.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: December 31, 2011, 01:55:34 pm »

@Sir Jai, in order for LNP to find DF.exe, it must be called out of a subfolder of LNP, much like the utilities.  The folder Dwarf Fortress.exe file is located in, matters.  It must be C:\Program Files\LazyNewbPack[0.31.25][V9.1]\Dwarf Fortress 0.31.25

With some minor alterations.. 9.3, instead of 9.1, the important thing is that the DF folder start "Dwarf Fortress", any other wording and ya get failsauce.  Same with subfolders, Utilities, I imagine.  Have to match up, or it won't find the folder its looking for.  What kind of file structure do you have, there?  If this isn't it, I dunno what to tell ya.  Maybe try a clean install without mods.

What I do, is I just rename the folder.  Like when I run DF_Genesis or DF_MechGenesis or DF.  The one I wanna use, I rename, removing the abbrevation, \ProgFiles\LNP\DF Genesis for \ProgFiles\LNP\Dwarf Frogdress Genesis.  LNP then detects the subfolder that starts with Dwarf Frogdress and hunts inside it for Dwarf Fortress.exe, let us know if you still have problems.  And send us your file structure, for it.  If their is no folder in LNP that starts exactly, with Dwarf Fortress, that error will show up.

Could be just a typo, somewhere, a fresh set of eyeballs might find the problem.  This forum has some PC wizards in attendance, usually.

Sincerely,
Knutor
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 01:59:46 pm by knutor »
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: December 31, 2011, 02:41:34 pm »

Hm.
Is that a mistake in the OP, or the program?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: December 31, 2011, 03:42:18 pm »

@rmblr: I'd love to collaborate, especially with someone who actually knows what they're doing. I'm totally new to Qt, and have been figuring it out bit by bit from the documentation. This also means that my code's pretty ugly, though, so you'll have to be willing to put up with that. :P

I was planning on open-sourcing it eventually anyways, so I'll be doing that. I'll need a while to document it and upload it to github, though. I'll try to have it up tomorrow. No promises, of course.

@magistrate101: That's actually just my Gtk theme; the LNP wouldn't look like that on another computer using a different theme. I definitely agree that it's a good look, though! :)

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: December 31, 2011, 04:58:13 pm »

@KaminaSquirtle Awesome :) It looks like its coming along nicely already! Don't worry about cleaning up your code or going nuts with documentation, even in my own private projects I end up with same hairy and ugly stuff. Old projects in my github profile can attest to that.

Post a link to the repo once you get it up. I'm stoked to help out!

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: December 31, 2011, 07:18:23 pm »

Keep me in the loop as well.
I know some stuff about C++ :P
Hopefully Lucas does too... but we're keeping this in VB for the moment.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Weaselcake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: January 02, 2012, 01:06:53 am »

I dunno if this is a LNP issue or just an issue with the graphics sets, but Pheobus in the most recent version of LNP makes all of the trees use the wooden chair image sideways. I think it might be a seasonal-only thing, but it is still kind of an eye sore. :/

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: January 02, 2012, 04:57:48 pm »

@KaminaSquirtle and rmblr

I like the look! I'm surprised you kept my layout though, never thought it was perfect.
Sounds like a great idea, if you two have the time to work on it. Please lets keep in contact though, there have been quite a few people offer to help with this project and lose focus or contact with me.
Its good to have others on this though.

I hardly know C++, but I've done enough programming that I could probably pick it up, especially if someone else had already written code for it.
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: January 02, 2012, 05:01:08 pm »

Also, you guys on Skype? Lucas and I need to use that more. :P
Anyways, modloader base is done.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: January 04, 2012, 02:21:27 am »

v9.3 has accented characters by default, I believe.  v9.1 didn't as I recall, and that made it much more of a pleasure to play right out of the zip file.  At least for me, I won't play without the graphics, because I get too cornfused.

Sincerely,
Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: January 04, 2012, 02:35:34 am »

I run the Lazy newb Pack GUI and click play DF but it says it can not find the DF.exe, i go into the DF folder and can run DF from there. how can i get it to work using the LZ new pack GUI?
Hm.
Is that a mistake in the OP, or the program?

He needs a correctly named C:\Program Files\LazyNewbPack[0.31.25][V9.3]\Dwarf Fortress whateverelsecangohere\DwarfFortress.exe subfolder.  If he has that and a fully named DwarfFortress.exe in it, I dunno what to say.  Where ya sometimes get an error like that is if ya drag another folder of DF into C:\Program Files\LazyNewbPack[0.31.25][V9.3]\LNP\, instead of C:\Program Files\LazyNewbPack[0.31.25][V9.3]\, notice the mistake?  DF doesn't go in LNP, it goes right off the C:\Program Files\LazyNewbPack[0.31.25][V9.3]\ directory.

It works on mine.  Windows Vista 32bit, .Net 1.1, .Net 3.5 SP1 and .Net 4 Client

If ya wanna run a couple different varieties of DF, off the LNP GUI, ya just need to rename the active folder, to "Dwarf Fortress whateverelsecangohere", and leave the others abbv "DF whateverelsecangohere".  Its how I keep my mod'd DF's seperated. 

Sincerely,
Knutor

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack [0.31.25] [V9.3] Well, it's severaUPDATES?! DFHack & Graphics
« Reply #1151 on: January 05, 2012, 02:53:18 am »

Well, it's several days late, but I finally managed to get the code up on github. The code's still in a pretty ugly state, but I figured it was better to get it out there now than to delay it by cleaning it up.

As for skype, my username is the same as the one I have here, kaminasquirtle. Feel free to add me if you want to collaborate through it.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: January 05, 2012, 03:03:41 am »

Which IDE do you use?
Also, I'd like to get some of the code going with templates, but I'm kinda a noob at that :P
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: January 05, 2012, 03:27:31 am »

No IDE, I just use vim for editing and gcc + CLI tools like GNU make for compiling. If you're looking for an IDE for writing Qt code, I've heard good things about Qt Creator. It's also possible to set up Visual Studio for Qt, if you're more familiar with that.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: January 05, 2012, 03:30:48 am »

Ah.
I usually use Code::Blocks, not sure how QT-compatible it is...
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 137