Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This version of LNP is out of date

Yes and it makes me sad :(
- 81 (39.7%)
Yes and it makes me mad/angry/frusrated >:(
- 29 (14.2%)
Yes and it's okay because there are other versions now :)
- 94 (46.1%)

Total Members Voted: 204

Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 137

Author Topic: Lazy Newb Pack - Very out of date :(  (Read 1982357 times)

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack [0.34.05] [V11] Yep!
« Reply #1485 on: March 25, 2012, 09:44:00 am »

I can wait.
After all, the only things that were added taming of wild animals (probably not going to use that as much) and a fix for the clothing bug, which DFhack already helps with.

As for reveal, I don't like that command much. :P In that when I try unreveal, sometimes it blacks out parts of the map that I KNOW I've explored. Sometimes it's as bad as blacking out stairwells.

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: March 25, 2012, 01:29:46 pm »

Hahaha you can't expect to have LNP out for .06 until at least the respective mods and tools themselves are updated.

This.  We're largely waiting on DFHack here.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

San-A

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: March 25, 2012, 01:53:36 pm »

Hahaha you can't expect to have LNP out for .06 until at least the respective mods and tools themselves are updated.

This.  We're largely waiting on DFHack here.

We're working on it guys :)

Should be available tomorrow, unless something horrible happens.
Hopefully we will have it by tonight :)

San-A

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: March 25, 2012, 04:39:07 pm »

As for reveal, I don't like that command much. :P In that when I try unreveal, sometimes it blacks out parts of the map that I KNOW I've explored. Sometimes it's as bad as blacking out stairwells.
I only use reveal with prospect, in order to know if there is some ore that is not gold or silver, so I don't have to wait ages to forge weapons. Then I unreveal the map  8)

Bohemian Ear Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Wielding a Bohemian Ear Spoon
« Reply #1489 on: March 25, 2012, 08:20:07 pm »

In the meantime, I have been paying vanilla.  Oh why won't they send me any mechanics or architects? Not enough stone masons either, not by half, or times 10 even :)

dsgraham

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: March 25, 2012, 11:15:50 pm »

I know this has been brought up elsewhere on this topic, but I've been having that issue with SoundSense where it will flash a command prompt and then close itself. I updated to Java 7 (jre-7u3-windows-i586) as suggested and that did not fix the problem. I don't think it has to do with it not being able to find the gamelog, because in the past it has simply said, "Yo, we need the gamelog."

Through some !!agility!! I was able to screencap the prompt just before it closed. I don't know if it will be helpful or not, but here it is. It's a bit translucent but I can't help that. It seems to have an  issue with some class files.

The image:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm going to go check out the SoundSense forums real quick to see if they've fixed the issue yet. If not, I'm going to toss this up over there. I figured someone here might know more about Java than I do and be able to either explain it or fix it.

same problem, I updated (by copypastah) LNP to 34.06 'cause i'm too lazy to wait (but keep up the good work :p ) so i thought that wasn't compatible with the latest version, but even in 34.05 there's this problem

I'm using java 1.6 as far I can see in my control panel...

That error is coming from using an older version of java.  How and where did you get the new version of java.  If you open up a command prompt and type java -version what does it say?

You can go ahead and shoot me a PM and I can help you out.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: March 26, 2012, 01:30:47 am »

That error is coming from using an older version of java.  How and where did you get the new version of java.  If you open up a command prompt and type java -version what does it say?

If he has an old version of java cant he just go to thier website and check on thier site if he has the latest version?

Just google verify java version.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

Raven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: March 26, 2012, 04:43:21 am »

If he has an old version of java cant he just go to thier website and check on thier site if he has the latest version?

Just google verify java version.

it says  (Version 6 Update 31). so I think that's the latest available... :/

EDIT

reading here
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=60287.690

it seems that there's a version 7.x for java, it should be available soon, but the adventurous ones may download anyway I think...

I'll wait... :p
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 05:28:27 am by Raven »
http://dwarffortressitalia.tumblr.com/

Italian blog about Dwarf Fortress

Il primo blog italiano su Dwarf Fortress

HiEv

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Counter-Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: March 26, 2012, 09:34:45 am »

it seems that there's a version 7.x for java, it should be available soon, but the adventurous ones may download anyway I think...

I'll wait... :p
Actually, Java 7 has been available for a while.  It's already on update 3 and works fine.

You can grab the Java SE v7 JRE from here:
Java SE Downloads
The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.

Kestrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: March 26, 2012, 11:05:50 am »

In the meantime, I have been paying vanilla.  Oh why won't they send me any mechanics or architects? Not enough stone masons either, not by half, or times 10 even :)
I just designate each incoming migrant wave as masons, carpenters, stonecrafters, mechanics, bonecrafters, and architects.  Then you never run out.
Goblin 6 (to Goblin 7): I heard that I died.
Goblin 7 (to Goblin 6): I died.
Goblin 6 (to Goblin 7): It was inevitable.
Goblin 7 (to Goblin 6): It was inevitable.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: March 26, 2012, 02:50:13 pm »

bonecrafters

Its good to save few bones though, if your dwarves get a mood. Dont know why but bones seem to often be one of the materials.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

daveralph1234

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Dwarf Fortress for it's complexity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: March 26, 2012, 04:13:54 pm »

bonecrafters

Its good to save few bones though, if your dwarves get a mood. Dont know why but bones seem to often be one of the materials.

Very true. Make sure to forbid some before mass processing. I have been caught out with this one before and had to slaughter a trained war dog (I don't bother keeping livestock).

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: March 28, 2012, 09:10:18 am »

Hmmm...I wonder where the lazy newb pack is.

Does 0.34.05's version work at all with 0.34.06 btw?
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: March 28, 2012, 12:44:01 pm »

[34.06]The Missing Keybinds for Animal Training, in the latest LNP are found here.  Add these to the interface.txt to get rid of the ? choices.  Discussed here:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105806.0

Code: [Select]
[BIND:ANIMAL_SELECT_TRAINER:REPEAT_NOT]
[KEY:t]
[BIND:ANIMAL_WAR_TRAINING:REPEAT_NOT]
[KEY:w]
[BIND:ANIMAL_HUNTING_TRAINING:REPEAT_NOT]
[KEY:h]
[BIND:CIVZONE_ANIMAL_TRAINING:REPEAT_NOT]
[KEY:t]

I put these four lines of code, in the beginning of the file, LazyNewb-34.02.txt and saved it, and then used LucasUP's nice GUI, to save it.  They are now showing menu options, besides ? for animal training stuff.  I went back and renamed that file LazyNewb-34.06.txt; there maybe more keybinds, but that's all I found thusfar.

I hope this helps LucasUP and other L. Newbers.  Take care, Knutor
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 12:56:08 pm by knutor »
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: March 28, 2012, 01:00:29 pm »

Hmmm...I wonder where the lazy newb pack is.

Does 0.34.05's version work at all with 0.34.06 btw?

The LNP itself isn't really version specific, you can use it for any version of DF, really. Read the first page, self upgrading.

Basically you copy the folder, drop the new df folder in place of the old df folder, same for any graphics you use that have been updated, and add in DT's update if it hasn't been pushed to your copy when you run it already.

I was using LNP with .06 the day it came out. DT and Phobeus updates were both available. DFhack is the only thing I've not had, and I only started using it in .05, so no big loss.
Is it because light travels faster than sound,
that people appear bright until you hear them speak?
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 137