Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This version of LNP is out of date

Yes and it makes me sad :(
- 81 (39.7%)
Yes and it makes me mad/angry/frusrated >:(
- 29 (14.2%)
Yes and it's okay because there are other versions now :)
- 94 (46.1%)

Total Members Voted: 204

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 137

Author Topic: Lazy Newb Pack - Very out of date :(  (Read 1977500 times)

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack [0.34.05] [V11] Yep!
« Reply #1500 on: March 28, 2012, 02:36:19 pm »

Hmmm...I wonder where the lazy newb pack is.

Does 0.34.05's version work at all with 0.34.06 btw?
Not sure if Lucas is going to update at all to .06 considering it looks like there's more bugfixes on the way.

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: March 28, 2012, 04:02:59 pm »

So i've been preoccupied both with school and computer problems.
Constant BSODing isn't a great thing. I've temporally fixed it for now and I've ordered myself a shiny new computer for next week (nerdgasm).
Next few weeks of school are going to be crazy, but I'll see what I can do. Maybe a good call to wait for .07 if it smells like its around the corner.

[34.06]The Missing Keybinds for Animal Training, in the latest LNP are found here.  Add these to the interface.txt to get rid of the ? choices.  Discussed here:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105806.0

I really appreciate heads up on thing like this. Occasionally I'll do careful file-difference checks on small things and update keybinds etc, but most of the time I don't, and its really easy to miss this stuff. Also good to hear that people even use my keybinds  :P (really I rarely hear that people use or like them). They aren't just for laptop users.
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

NTJedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: March 28, 2012, 04:28:22 pm »

Maybe a good call to wait for .07 if it smells like its around the corner.
I would hope Toady would keep you secretly informed regarding the next update arrival, so your time working could be more efficient.  It's because of your tool many of us gamers are here playing dwarf fortress today.  Based on the last developer updates it doesn't sound like .07 is coming anytime soon, perhaps if you contact Toady he might give you a ballpark estimate since you provide the LNP integration.

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: March 28, 2012, 05:05:04 pm »

I really wouldn't want to bother Toady with that, really I usually just go with when I actually have time to update.
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

humblegar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: March 28, 2012, 05:15:14 pm »

NTJedi You can easily get Phoebus .06 (Pre-Installed Package, not sure if the other tilesets are updated) and Dwarf Therapist will autoupdate to 06. Quickfort works fine with latest version as well I think. Df Hack is still .05 though.

I guess what I'm saying is that LNP and captnduck got me started with DF, but it is much easier than it looks to download and mix your own pack.

daveralph1234

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Dwarf Fortress for it's complexity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: March 29, 2012, 03:50:15 am »

I really appreciate heads up on thing like this. Occasionally I'll do careful file-difference checks on small things and update keybinds etc, but most of the time I don't, and its really easy to miss this stuff. Also good to hear that people even use my keybinds  :P (really I rarely hear that people use or like them). They aren't just for laptop users.

I'm a relatively experienced player and have moved on to just assembling utilities myself, but I still use your key bindings (out of habit I guess), they're just generally a lot more practical (eg. not having to hold shift for everything), especially seeing as I'm on a laptop.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: March 29, 2012, 11:51:25 am »

I use them JSYK, they are great :)
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

Bohemian Ear Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Wielding a Bohemian Ear Spoon
« Reply #1507 on: March 29, 2012, 06:21:01 pm »

Oh yes the keybinds are sorely missed playing vanilla 34.06. I had to update a few the hard way using toady's scary keybinding interface.  I think I will be going back to LNP 34.05 after this fortress crumbles.  It is too hard to play otherwise!

Which, LucasUP, is the highest praise I can offer.  You make the unattainable attainable. (with the help of all those great modders of course.)

Splam

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: March 29, 2012, 10:07:16 pm »

Registered just to say thank you, Lucas.  I've just started playing and the *only* reason I felt comfortable doing so was your pack.  Just...thanks, thank you.  I'm wholly appreciative of all the modders, and the creator, but it's the LNP that made this brilliant game accessible for me.

NTJedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: March 29, 2012, 11:26:12 pm »

I'm not sure where else to turn and this tool is the only variable involved besides the game itself. 

Problem:  Sometimes when I save my game... the game isn't saved.  :(   As a result a save and exit is more of a not_save and time_lost.  When I browse into my save folders I can see the "current" folder was updated for when I saved and exited, however if I reload by choosing Region 1 it's using the last seasonal save instead.  There's nothing more painful then losing 3hours of gameplay.

**Update:  I'm going to remove the compress saves option and the autosave pause option... to see if this fixes my problem.**
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 11:52:32 pm by NTJedi »

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: March 30, 2012, 12:26:47 am »

It is too hard to play otherwise!
Try 06 again.  I trained a male doggie, in War with a lv5 ranger.  Ranger kept going over to that chained doggie, and doing lord only knows.  Training I guess.  I took the dog out of its pen, when I put the restraint onto it.

Well along comes a Goblin Hammer and Bow ambush party.  I'm thinking gameover, that doggie and an empty weapon trap was all the D I had.  No walls, no bridges, nothing.  I did channel out access into fort thru one ramp however. 

Well to make a long story short, that one war doggie, killed 3 goblins, and took lotsa arrows, before they turned tail and fled the region.  His trainer plinked a few shots.   This war doggie is unblemished!  Remarkable, really.  His description has him fat in numerous places.  HA!  Dunno how he got that way, but he's a wonderful guard dog.

I highly recommend retrying 06.  I'd be still playing if I didn't run into a wood problem, and decide to call it quits for the night, until I can work out a new chopper, the one I had went melancholy.  Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

San-A

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: March 30, 2012, 08:16:15 am »

Maybe a good call to wait for .07 if it smells like its around the corner.
Good guess

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: March 30, 2012, 10:09:50 am »

Well to make a long story short, that one war doggie, killed 3 goblins, and took lotsa arrows, before they turned tail and fled the region.  His trainer plinked a few shots.   This war doggie is unblemished!  Remarkable, really.  His description has him fat in numerous places.  HA!  Dunno how he got that way, but he's a wonderful guard dog.

Aweful soot enters the map. Dog turns into a husk. All dwarves die.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

Devonsputant

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: March 30, 2012, 12:28:23 pm »

Yay .07 is out!

shadus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: March 30, 2012, 09:30:25 pm »

... and better yet, dfhack is already updated for it!  Also seems there are valid values for DT as well!  yay.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 137