Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This version of LNP is out of date

Yes and it makes me sad :(
- 81 (39.7%)
Yes and it makes me mad/angry/frusrated >:(
- 29 (14.2%)
Yes and it's okay because there are other versions now :)
- 94 (46.1%)

Total Members Voted: 204

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 137

Author Topic: Lazy Newb Pack - Very out of date :(  (Read 1977599 times)

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack [0.34.07] [V12]
« Reply #1530 on: April 01, 2012, 11:57:57 pm »

The tooltip for the aquifer option uses "you're" when it should be "your".[/grammarnazi]

Really awesome having everything in one place, for when I finally get around to updating. Love the little touches put into the tooltips as well! Made me laugh quite a bit. :D

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: April 02, 2012, 02:50:29 am »

The tooltip for the aquifer option uses "you're" when it should be "your".[/grammarnazi]

Really awesome having everything in one place, for when I finally get around to updating. Love the little touches put into the tooltips as well! Made me laugh quite a bit. :D
It may or may not be a good idea to remove the countless memes floating around :P
Maybe a poll?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack [0.34.05] [V11] Yep!
« Reply #1532 on: April 02, 2012, 02:53:22 pm »

Yeah Legends viewer is way newer. I already fixed the link, thanks for the catch.

Oh yes the keybinds are sorely missed playing vanilla 34.06. I had to update a few the hard way using toady's scary keybinding interface.  I think I will be going back to LNP 34.05 after this fortress crumbles.  It is too hard to play otherwise!

Which, LucasUP, is the highest praise I can offer.  You make the unattainable attainable. (with the help of all those great modders of course.)

Registered just to say thank you, Lucas.  I've just started playing and the *only* reason I felt comfortable doing so was your pack.  Just...thanks, thank you.  I'm wholly appreciative of all the modders, and the creator, but it's the LNP that made this brilliant game accessible for me.

It's people exactly like you guys who keep me updating this thing! :D
Also because of those who have graduated to become pros and no longer need LNP, but nevertheless wouldn't have started without it.
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

FlowerChild

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack [0.34.05] [V11] Yep!
« Reply #1533 on: April 02, 2012, 09:03:18 pm »

It's people exactly like you guys who keep me updating this thing! :D
Also because of those who have graduated to become pros and no longer need LNP, but nevertheless wouldn't have started without it.

Hey man, I wouldn't be playing DF without this pack.  I first tried months ago to get into it, but the combination of the arcane ASCII graphics and the lack of a proper interface for managing dwarves (which Dwarf Therapist handles beautifully) caused me to give up after only a few hours.

I gave it a second go just a few versions ago, but on the recommendation of others did so with LNP instead, and it made for a completely different experience.  I've been hooked on DF ever since, largely thanks to you.

Even though I thought I had "graduated" to doing my own installs, having to manually configure DT for 34_07 sent me back here to see if you had updated, and low and behold, easy installation is back :)

So I wanted to chip in my mucho thanks for maintaining this pack man.  Much obliged!

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: April 03, 2012, 12:50:31 am »

Is it me, or are a lot of the old utilities no longer available in the pack? Most of them I don't use anyways, but there are a couple I can't find. Even when I do try to install another utility, I can't figure out how to make it appear in the LNP interface box. Can anyone provide a link to these, and how to I properly put them in the LNP?

There are a couple of utilities I want for quality of life and/or testing purposes, but I can't find them on dffd:
dfvdig    Lets you manually select a, entire vein to be designated for mining. I found one that does it automatically (willing to settle for this if I must), but can't get it into the LNP properly.
dfliquid    Spawns magma/water/obsidian wherever you please. Can't find this at all.

DFFD is more complicated than the DF interface! I do a search and get nothing I can use. Help, please.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: April 03, 2012, 03:03:18 am »

DFliquid, and I'm pretty sure the other one as well, are included in DFhack now - they are commands from inside DFhack.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: April 03, 2012, 03:37:56 am »

Oh, snap.

Gatallorsith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: April 03, 2012, 08:14:57 am »

Before starting my new game, I don't undertand one thing: why is "economy" enabled by default? Wasn't it directly disabled by Toady?

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #1538 on: April 03, 2012, 08:20:00 am »

Before starting my new game, I don't undertand one thing: why is "economy" enabled by default? Wasn't it directly disabled by Toady?
The economy was completely removed in the game code.  The init file still has a setting for 'Economy' which is enabled by default, but doesn't do anything.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Gatallorsith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: April 03, 2012, 09:30:12 am »

Perfect, thanks for the quick answer.
I'd disable it from the UI, though.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: April 03, 2012, 09:44:03 am »

UI's getting an overhaul... SoonTM
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

adecoy95

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: April 03, 2012, 12:08:17 pm »

any reason why soundsense is not working? every time i click it to start it just closes right up again.

dsgraham

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: April 03, 2012, 01:11:24 pm »

any reason why soundsense is not working? every time i click it to start it just closes right up again.
You will need to install the latest version of java.   Go grab Java 7 from here
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html
you will want the JRE

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: April 03, 2012, 02:09:34 pm »

I didn't add any of the ASCII packs, I think more stuff like that is just a little too much work to maintain for me at the moment. And really I need a GUI update to deal with colours/tilesets seperately.

Maybe put links to some of the popular ASCII sets in the first post?
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

Naros

• Bay Watcher
  • [COVETS_SPOONS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: April 03, 2012, 02:44:18 pm »

You're the 257th grammar nazi to mention this. :)
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 137