Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This version of LNP is out of date

Yes and it makes me sad :(
- 81 (39.7%)
Yes and it makes me mad/angry/frusrated >:(
- 29 (14.2%)
Yes and it's okay because there are other versions now :)
- 94 (46.1%)

Total Members Voted: 204

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 137

Author Topic: Lazy Newb Pack - Very out of date :(  (Read 1986940 times)

slaytanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • my DFFD pack
Re: Lazy Newb Pack [0.34.07] [V12]
« Reply #1740 on: June 06, 2012, 05:39:16 pm »

For some reason installing phoebus graphics through the newbpack button doesn't work right. I did it the old fashioned way. The graphics are installed already. Inside the graphics pack folder for phoebus is a program to update your saves. After you move your saves over just go in to that folder and run it. After that you should be good to go.
So let me get this straight....We are talking monkeys living on a dirt ball that circles a fireball ? WTF ?

San-A

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: June 06, 2012, 05:39:48 pm »

Any news from a new LNP release?

Gatallorsith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: June 06, 2012, 05:53:13 pm »

The last one was at "Last Edit: April 01, 2012", I don't know what happened to Lucas. Hope nothing bad.

Thanks Slaytanik for the upload.

WCG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • That's interesting...
« Reply #1743 on: June 06, 2012, 06:48:39 pm »

Inside the graphics pack folder for phoebus is a program to update your saves. After you move your saves over just go in to that folder and run it. After that you should be good to go.

Yup, that did it. Thanks again!

Weaselcake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: June 06, 2012, 10:06:36 pm »

I'm assuming just replacing the old DF folder with the new version of DF and installing a tileset is still a method of 'fixing' this mod?

Tacolishous

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Too complicated? No. You're just too simple.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: June 06, 2012, 11:35:32 pm »

Probably being a n00b here (hehe) but where are the autosaves located? I've looked through all the DF folders (and sub folders) but can't find them. If anyone would help that would be great.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: June 06, 2012, 11:45:26 pm »

Tacolishous, with DF being a Rogue, it doesn't have a very robust save game.  Back up the \region# folder somewhere.  Then put it back, it has been said, region folders are now compatible with Toady's updates.  They are all found in, C:\Program Files\LazyNewbPack\Dwarf Fortress_34_10_win\data\save\region

Also, ya might not want to go to Dwarf Fortress v34.11, just yet, if your a Dwart Therapist user.  No Dwarf Therapist for 34.11 has been published as of this evening.  On this PC, I'm running LNP 1.3, with Dwarf Fortress v34.10 and Dwarf Therapist v12, and Soundsense r34. 

Trick to getting LNP to recognize the latest DF, is to rename the subfolder \Dwarf Fortress and renaming the older version something else.  Buttons point and LNP extensions point to the folder that starts, \Dwarf Fortress and executes the Dwarf Fortress.exe within that folder.  I use Toady's naming for the older versions, \DF_34_05_win\ all the way up to \DF_34_09_win\ and then just elongate the one I want to use in LNP to read \Dwarf Fortress_34_10_win\ and LNP's Play Now button finds it. 

I've had issues with the init editor loading and wiping my migration list entry, as the latest version of LNP, doesn't come with that feature, not sure how to get around that, so I just avoid clicking init editor.  Other than that, its been working great.  I've just finished nipping and tucking my utility folder.  Got the exclusions in there and now it reads these latest utils without the clutter.  Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: June 07, 2012, 12:05:49 am »

Also, ya might not want to go to Dwarf Fortress v34.11, just yet, if your a Dwart Therapist user.  No Dwarf Therapist for 34.11 has been published as of this evening.
Here's DT for .11. It was posted on the 5th.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

San-A

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: June 07, 2012, 03:39:23 am »

The last one was at "Last Edit: April 01, 2012", I don't know what happened to Lucas. Hope nothing bad.

Thanks Slaytanik for the upload.
It's an exam period. We should hear from him soon hopefully.

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: June 07, 2012, 02:44:23 pm »

Hey guys. I'm still alive. My interests just aren't quite as structured around DF these days, and I have plenty of distractions.
Anyways, I'm going to start work on a pack for real, starting NOW. You'll see it done and uploaded later tonight or tomorrow.

I was going to do a GUI update to remove/change some buttons, but that may have to wait (or maybe I will take a couple more hours to do that).
If I remember, I should at least remove the Economy button and the Exotics button, right?

EDIT: Also thanks Slaytanic for doing temporary updates. If you were curious about the keybindings, I do say what they change at the bottom of the DFFD download page and the README files. I usually just manually make the changes in game or in a notepad program.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 02:49:30 pm by LucasUP »
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack [0.34.11] [V13] Finally!
« Reply #1750 on: June 07, 2012, 04:21:42 pm »

Yes. It's true.
Lazy Newb Pack [0.34.11][V13] Released
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mayday and DFHack aren't updated yet, will be added in next version once they are available.
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

daveralph1234

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Dwarf Fortress for it's complexity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: June 07, 2012, 04:27:26 pm »

Mayday and DFHack aren't updated yet, will be added in next version once they are available.

DFHack works with .11 if you use the symbols.xml file slaytanic mentioned. I've been using it and no problems so far. (tested prospecter, reveal and workflow, all working)

San-A

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: June 07, 2012, 04:28:07 pm »

Great  :D

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: June 07, 2012, 06:25:58 pm »

For soundsense you will want to replace the autoUpdateURL element in configuration.xml with this:

<autoUpdateURL path="http://www.armedassault.info/_hosted/soundsense/au"/>

Otherwise your updates will take forever.

As posted by zwei on page 51 of the soundsense thread.

(EDIT)
Apparently that site is missing rdriftwood- hey di lee hi

Original: <autoUpdateURL path="http://df.zweistein.cz/soundsense/soundpack" />

I switched back after downloading that file. More may be missing tho, I'll update this post when I'm done.

Also Missing: Frost Waltz (alternate)
radakan - moldan chase over (success)

That seems to be it.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 07:39:29 pm by Isher »

slaytanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • my DFFD pack
« Reply #1754 on: June 07, 2012, 08:13:20 pm »

Hooray ! I was just getting started on a separate project so I am glad you are still around Lucas. Apparently a lot of people appreciate the newb pack ! Keep up the good work.
So let me get this straight....We are talking monkeys living on a dirt ball that circles a fireball ? WTF ?
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 137