Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Removing "Digging designation canceled: Warm stone located"  (Read 5550 times)

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile

Wasn't there something that did this in earlier versions? Has it been updated or is it possible to update it to the current version?
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

SpacemanSpiff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Removing "Digging designation canceled: Warm stone located"
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 12:05:01 pm »

Wasn't there something that did this in earlier versions? Has it been updated or is it possible to update it to the current version?

Modify this line in data\init\announcements.txt ?

[DIG_CANCEL_WARM:A_D:D_D:P:R]

You should be able to just take off the :P:R and it'll stop pausing and recentering

TheyTarget

• Bay Watcher
  • Memento Mori
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 12:09:49 pm »

"Whats that boss? Dont tell you if the stone were digging through is red hot, and starting to boil? Just keep digging? Sure thing boss." Last words of Urist McMiner
Code: [Select]
This is a platinum warhammer. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. it menaces with spikes of platinum.
there is an image of the goblin Utes Gozrusrozsnus and dwarves in elf bone. The goblin is making a plaintive gesture. the dwarves are striking a menacing pose.
this image relates to the slaying of Utes Gozrusroz

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 02:38:26 pm »

Modify this line in data\init\announcements.txt ?

[DIG_CANCEL_WARM:A_D:D_D:P:R]

You should be able to just take off the :P:R and it'll stop pausing and recentering
you need to remove the P as well

SpacemanSpiff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 02:46:56 pm »

That'll teach me to preview before posting.  It interpreted the P as a smiley-face...

Cotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 08:43:38 am »

Isn't that a really, really bad idea?

It'd be good if there was some kind of way to bypass the tile-by-tile process though. Either a separate designation or just by making the game a bit smarter about detecting dangerous digging designations.
Well if you remove the [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] tag from dwarves I think they have like 2-4 children each time they give birth. And if you get enough mothers up on the pillars you can probably get a good waterfall going.
Ashes are technically fire-safe.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 10:13:34 am »

"Whats that boss? Dont tell you if the stone were digging through is red hot, and starting to boil? Just keep digging? Sure thing boss." Last words of Urist McMiner

I like this, if it fits in my sig, it's being sigged.

-edit- it fits! yay. I got a kick out of it. ;D
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 06:56:12 am »

Isn't that a really, really bad idea?

It'd be good if there was some kind of way to bypass the tile-by-tile process though. Either a separate designation or just by making the game a bit smarter about detecting dangerous digging designations.

Well it'll cancel and you won't know but later when you go to designate it again you can see which tiles are "hot" so just don't designate them.

Phanny

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2021, 01:38:28 am »

I know 2 ways of getting around this. Or, at the very least, ways of reducing the number of pauses.

1. Channeling the tile above.
If you know exactly where magma is located, one can simply designate the above area for channeling as long as one does not mind having a two Z-level tall room.

2. Checkerboard designation.
Utilizing a checkerboard pattern for digging designation would result in fewer pauses. This is because the number of tiles revealed per pause is higher than block/line based designation. Of course, the downside is that one must have the patience to individually designate each tile for digging. Time spent designating may be reduced via paint mode, or utilizing a mouse for designating.