Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Playing with an extinct civilization  (Read 812 times)

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Playing with an extinct civilization
« on: February 25, 2021, 12:35:56 pm »

So, I've trawled the forum and the internet for answers for this question, and though I read a few discussions, I found no clear answer.

The question is simple: Is there any simple mod, pre-downloadable or something that one has to do oneself to play fortress mode as an extinct civilization while other dwarven civs exist? I tried to reclaim the site of an extinct civilization and while it let me, it automatically threw me as one of the two unextinct civilizations.

Edit: Or embarking, then changing the civ the group belongs to from somewhere? I have some ideas, but I don't know if they've been implemented or how to implement them myself.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 01:34:25 pm by Lurker Z »
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
Re: Playing with an extinct civilization
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 02:05:31 pm »

The only way to play with an extinct civilization is to have a world where the dwarves have died out. Getting rid of the other entities (other than goblin and dwarf entities.), increasing the amount of evil regions, and having a world that is very old are good ways to cause the dwarves to die out.
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.