Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this be made into one of the new DFHack plugins? (This is not binding)

Yes, I want to be able to use it with the DFHack console
- 288 (45.6%)
No, I like the stand alone QT version
- 140 (22.2%)
Both
- 204 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 631

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 106

Author Topic: Runesmith - A DC like tool  (Read 367351 times)

Nabobalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Runesmith - A DC like tool
« Reply #285 on: June 28, 2010, 02:47:55 am »

Is it possible to add magma to a tile?

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 28, 2010, 03:20:04 am »

Not with Runesmith atm but if you download the DFhack binary package it has a command line tool which can do it
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 28, 2010, 10:15:57 pm »

This has been really fun to watch grow into something awesome. Hopefully it's been as fun for you, sizeak, as it has been for us. Would it be wrong of me to say that I love you?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 30, 2010, 07:03:51 am »

Hey, sorry updates etc have slowed down but I can only work on it at weekends now for the foreseeable future as I started my placement job on Monday. I will get round to adding more features but don't expect them to be released as fast as the initial releases and bug fixes were.
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 30, 2010, 12:06:03 pm »

Congrats on the job, man. As for Runesmith, we'll take what we can get, when we can get it. We all know that you're working for gratitude on that, and money goes a lot farther than gratitude.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 30, 2010, 05:40:04 pm »

The DC function I miss is the ability to "teleport" characters. Does this have that yet? Does any tool?

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 30, 2010, 05:41:09 pm »

Yeah, you can edit the x,y,z position if that's what you mean

s20dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 30, 2010, 08:48:43 pm »

Has anyone managed to use the mood editing? Everytime I start a mood something FUN happens, normally they go Melancholy or Stark raving mad and on occasion they will go Beserk

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 30, 2010, 10:29:15 pm »

All I've managed to do in that regard is turn a mood off without the dorf in question going mad. I'm not losing my expert swordsdwarf because we don't have any silk.

darkedone02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 30, 2010, 10:29:42 pm »

again i wish there was a select all and I can edit a single value and all the other values are the same as I typed in, like 999999 on all attribute ratings instead of racial.

I will also be nice if we have some short of hotkey's that we can use to use as well, like an alternative copy and paste that we can make. like if I want, I select configurate hotkey, select X (or all) value(s), edit to X value, press a button. so everytime I press a certain button, all values become X.

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #295 on: July 01, 2010, 03:17:53 pm »

Are the column headers supposed to work as sort keys?  Because if so, I can't get mine to sort.
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 01, 2010, 06:13:57 pm »

Not currently

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 02, 2010, 03:44:27 am »

I know this is a dumb question, but can we utilize this in Adventure mode?
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 03, 2010, 06:39:35 am »

I haven't tried but I don;t see why not.

Also in the update I'm working on I've added two new functions, one to set all skills of the main race to a specified number and one to do the same for attributes

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 03, 2010, 10:19:36 am »

I know this is a dumb question, but can we utilize this in Adventure mode?
YES!

in fact you can teleport your self into hell, [misc tab]
talk to a demon, [misc tab, player civ if you are part of a civ, and try historical figure1 and 2 and diplomat and tame I think you don't need all of them but I didn't narrow it down yet.]
recruit said demon, [traits tab find the adventure trait or add it in, then max it out which should be the bottom option, then select join once you done that.]
poof back travel out to a human town take up a quest, [misc tab]
recruit the guy that gave you that quest, [trait tab adventure trait max]
 find the poor sap the guy wants kill (if it's in town then have the quest giver punch him to start a fight,) [if your lazy then teleport the sap using the misc (the sap might be daze for a few seconds-hours-ever so try to knock some sense to him by teleporting a wild creature next to them)]
grab some popcorn and watch a  poor sap(civdemon) fight a warlord and a helldemon. [best get a high ambush skill and try not to enter the fight seeing the town would pretty much kill the winner.]
then you could also recruit the poor sap if he/she wins. [same as before adventure trait]

some how between having a adventure son or daughter in the 31.#(and hospitals) I would really want to see if one could build a adventure in fort mode from those animalmen tents. so far deon's mod seems to makes looking for them hard.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 10:40:28 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 106