Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this be made into one of the new DFHack plugins? (This is not binding)

Yes, I want to be able to use it with the DFHack console
- 288 (45.6%)
No, I like the stand alone QT version
- 140 (22.2%)
Both
- 204 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 631

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 106

Author Topic: Runesmith - A DC like tool  (Read 364872 times)

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Runesmith - A DC like tool
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2010, 03:58:05 am »

Runesmith is under development, no sense releasing it until the edit features are coded. Happiness just happened to be the first one.

I wonder if you can also dictate what mood hits - then getting Macabre or Fell moods should be easy.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2010, 06:24:18 am »

That's my intention though I'm not sure how it will work yet. Mood stuff will be handled as soon as I get a save with a mood.
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2010, 06:25:16 am »

Skill editing would be nice as an added feature, you can already see the skills and can use the same way as you edited happiness.

Skill editing was planned from the beginning  :)

Update 15/06/2010
  • Flag editing added
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 11:42:36 am by sizeak »
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2010, 11:52:22 am »

will it be able to edit items?

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2010, 12:06:05 pm »

will it be able to edit items?

That's an interesting question, which I just had to ask peterix a few things about. Currently its not planned but I can add it to the suggestions list for looking into somewhere down the line. The main things are that currently the DFHack items module its still under serious development and it seems that editing items will probably be significantly more difficult than editing creatures.

So while I'll add it to the suggestions list, don't get your hopes up or expect anything soon... or possibly ever :D

s20dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2010, 12:27:16 pm »

Sizeak,i mentioned this on the other thread but this one seems more active..
  I have a save with one possessed dwarf here for you but its much larger than the last save I gave you, so my host won't accept it.  Message me your email or icq or something and ill try and send it that way.

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2010, 03:30:38 pm »

Can you add 'RAW' edit button? That would open hex view of the relevant data? E.g click on urist select edit raw and then change some value in memory (although more useful for items, which are less researched) or at least show memory location somewhere?

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2010, 04:28:41 pm »

Another update, just implemented skill level and xp editing.

@Darius: I'm not sure about a hex editor tbh, but displaying the offset of certain things is possible.

Edit: Just added attribute writing to :D
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 06:21:39 pm by sizeak »

Doughboi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2010, 10:35:29 pm »

Glad to see a new tool being worked on that is very similar to the old DC.

Keep up the good work and I hope to see a release soon to play with. :D

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2010, 10:52:23 pm »

Will we be able to use your awesome tool to edit Dwarven likes/dislikes/preferences? And appearance values? Relationships? Pets?

Edit: Also, will I be able to modify the number of dorfs in my fortress at any given point? Say I want to start with 20 or so...will I be able to just add them into the save?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 11:08:48 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2010, 10:52:53 pm »

so does this mean I can enslave friendly goblins by slapping a tame flag and saving the game?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2010, 11:01:20 pm »

so does this mean I can enslave friendly goblins by slapping a tame flag and saving the game?
They won't do any jobs though. You need the "Friendship" enchancer for that, which I doubt works for 31.06.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Wyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2010, 11:16:04 pm »

Which platforms will this work for?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2010, 12:36:34 am »

Another update, just implemented skill level and xp editing.

@Darius: I'm not sure about a hex editor tbh, but displaying the offset of certain things is possible.

Edit: Just added attribute writing to :D
I never used Dwarf Companion, so what does skill level editing mean? does it mean I could turn someone into a High Master engraver instantly?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2010, 12:39:24 am »

@Aklyon - Yes
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 106