Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this be made into one of the new DFHack plugins? (This is not binding)

Yes, I want to be able to use it with the DFHack console
- 288 (45.6%)
No, I like the stand alone QT version
- 140 (22.2%)
Both
- 204 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 631

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 106

Author Topic: Runesmith - A DC like tool  (Read 364822 times)

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Runesmith - A DC like tool
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2010, 05:59:40 am »

Will we be able to use your awesome tool to edit Dwarven likes/dislikes/preferences? And appearance values? Relationships? Pets?

Edit: Also, will I be able to modify the number of dorfs in my fortress at any given point? Say I want to start with 20 or so...will I be able to just add them into the save?

You will be *hopefully* (assuming it works when I get round to writing it) be able to edit traits. Eventually, though they're not currently displayed, appearance could be added for display and editing (again, in theory). Setting pets and Relationships is one of those "I suppose it may be technically possible, but don't expect it any time soon" things. TBH without doing some research and talking to petrix, I can't really say whether it's doable or not.

Editing creatures is working though, so you can edit creatures that are already pets. You can also do things like make marauding cats or tame demons. In conjunction with Darius' mod linked above, it should allow them to work for you.

The number of starting dwarves can be changed during embark by a number of tools, though currently not this one. As for adding dwarves while playing, I'm not sure that's feasible tbh.

Which platforms will this work for?

Windows and Linux. From what I understand, DFHack for Mac isn't really in a usable state right now. So if any Mac users want to use it, best you help get DFHack working on Mac! :D

I never used Dwarf Companion, so what does skill level editing mean? does it mean I could turn someone into a High Master engraver instantly?

Yes, exactly. You could also make them level 200 if you wanted to, though in game they would still be displayed as legendary, the levels do have an effect. The highest I've level legendary I've seen so far without hacking is 29.
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

Ogantai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2010, 09:52:56 am »

The number of starting dwarves can be changed during embark by a number of tools, though currently not this one. As for adding dwarves while playing, I'm not sure that's feasible tbh.
Unfortunately none of them work with 0.31 (AFAIK) :( I've tried searching for the offset to try changing by hand (it should be somewhere near the starting embark point count, right?) but I haven't had any luck finding it. If you know the location please let me know.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2010, 10:26:41 am »

Unfortunately none of them work with 0.31 (AFAIK) :( I've tried searching for the offset to try changing by hand (it should be somewhere near the starting embark point count, right?) but I haven't had any luck finding it. If you know the location please let me know.
I'd say it's a constant... and as that, it will be part of some instruction in the code section.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2010, 10:43:43 am »

Turning the "Has Mood" flag on when they have no mood is like a berserk trigger, then turning it off again makes them go back to normal. SO we can have controlled periods of berserk fun
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

Sarvesh Mossbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2010, 11:01:01 am »

Traits Editing and Gender Switch please. Also allow us to edit relationships.
You forgot a detail: Dorfs get webbed in GCS webs and trigger traps. Right now we have some 12 caged dwarves, including you.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2010, 11:03:02 am »

Traits + gender switching are planned, don't think DFHack currently supports relationships. Maybe in the future :)

bartavelle

• Bay Watcher
  • Coin coin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2010, 12:15:53 pm »

Traits + gender switching are planned, don't think DFHack currently supports relationships. Maybe in the future :)

IIRC relationships are in an array (probably in the soul) and in this other structure that is used in legends. Could be horrible to edit and buggy when offloaded.

s20dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2010, 05:16:40 pm »

IIRC relationships are in an array (probably in the soul) and in this other structure that is used in legends. Could be horrible to edit and buggy when offloaded.

There go my hopes of three way marriages

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2010, 06:02:09 pm »

There go my hopes of three way marriages
Only three way?
Man I was hoping on making a dwarven Harim.
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2010, 06:20:24 pm »

you could just kill the spouse then wait for the maiden remarries(it's possible to exploit this to catch a rebound widow queen/king and rise to royal status for adventurers) and bring the dead spouse back from the dead.
the thing is to get a harem you might want to keep the happy levels high or else you get insane dwarf from seeing every one he/she falls in love die. worst would it be they be all have rotten flesh bunking in the same bed.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Ogantai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2010, 06:32:02 am »

I'd say it's a constant... and as that, it will be part of some instruction in the code section.
In .38c the point count was at 0x007baf5a and the starting dwarves count was at 0x007bbdb5, so I was working off the assumption that they'd be a similar distance from each other in the new version as well.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2010, 10:16:06 am »

Where/how do you find/modify that, Ogantai?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Ogantai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 17, 2010, 02:50:33 pm »

Where/how do you find/modify that, Ogantai?
From Rick's (sadly unupdated) DF Tweak. The memory locations are in the core.general.xml files in each version folder.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 17, 2010, 02:52:24 pm »

I have a feeling that changing that number's going to be above my head.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Ogantai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 17, 2010, 03:03:27 pm »

I have a feeling that changing that number's going to be above my head.
Hopefully RuneSmith will be able to do that for us then :D
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 106