Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this be made into one of the new DFHack plugins? (This is not binding)

Yes, I want to be able to use it with the DFHack console
- 288 (45.6%)
No, I like the stand alone QT version
- 140 (22.2%)
Both
- 204 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 631

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 106

Author Topic: Runesmith - A DC like tool  (Read 364443 times)

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Runesmith - A DC like tool
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2010, 07:12:31 pm »

Actually that reminds me, does anyone have any saves that are 0.31.06 compatible with a large number of dwarfs? The more dwarfs the better really, need some for testing.
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2010, 07:16:26 pm »

I guess I should implement editing the pregnancy timer if possible :D
Doesn't work as expected I'm afraid. It requires some other things to exist (I assume the simulated genetics play a role). Best thing you can do is accelerate a pregnancy and this only works late in the process, otherwise you'll get abortions. Just setting the timer on a bunch of cats no longer works.

So, no catsplosion tool like the one for 40d is possible (yet). I won't be getting my 4000 cat fortress for testing. Neutering on the other hand ... should be quite possible by setting the timers to zero whenever the game starts them.

Urist McFumbler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2010, 07:18:02 pm »

Looking forward to a DC replacement.

Unfortunately the amount of programming I know can be counted on one finger so the only help I can offer is to test it.

:)

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2010, 07:19:47 pm »

I guess I should implement editing the pregnancy timer if possible :D
Doesn't work as expected I'm afraid. It requires some other things to exist (I assume the simulated genetics play a role). Best thing you can do is accelerate a pregnancy and this only works late in the process, otherwise you'll get abortions. Just setting the timer on a bunch of cats no longer works.

So, no catsplosion tool like the one for 40d is possible (yet). I won't be getting my 4000 cat fortress for testing. Neutering on the other hand ... should be quite possible by setting the timers to zero whenever the game starts them.

Ahh ok, thanks for the info. Let me know if you work something out
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

Brandon816

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2010, 12:24:36 am »

If you are taking suggestions, I would love to be able to reduce sentences, or even remove them all together. I prefer to ignore noble's demands completely, and hate losing my better dwarves to cage-time.

bartavelle

• Bay Watcher
  • Coin coin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2010, 12:31:49 am »

Ah finally :)

Haelfix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2010, 01:55:07 am »

Out of curiosity, whats so difficult about coding in an edit function?  Once you have the correct memory placement for the stats and skills (which apparently has been found) are there obstructions to changing the values?

Nether

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2010, 02:44:47 am »

Thanks for responding :D Sounds cool and I'll definately try it once I've got DF stable again ;)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2010, 02:48:12 am »

Oh wow, I sure miss Dwarf Companion. Looking forward to this!
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Nabobalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2010, 04:12:02 am »

Looks good. Good luck developing it.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2010, 06:28:19 am »

Out of curiosity, whats so difficult about coding in an edit function?  Once you have the correct memory placement for the stats and skills (which apparently has been found) are there obstructions to changing the values?

It shouldn't be very difficult since DFHack provides all the offsets. I haven't said it would be difficult anywhere, it just takes time to get everything implemented and I haven't finished displaying all of the information yet.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2010, 06:39:41 am »

I'm really glad to see something like Dwarf Companion compatible with the 0.31.x versions. Keep up the good work :D.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2010, 11:00:23 am »

so we can perform abortions on cats?
I was hunting down that tool to test if it could substitute for starting the pregnancy timer with little or no need of another male. (the old way I did it was swapping the race as cats in fort mode then change them back before they drop kittens.)
still I need a taming utility to convert friendlies to my civ.

best of wishes on getting demons to be less deadly or more.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 08:01:29 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2010, 12:06:08 pm »

Ican'twaitIcan'twaitIcan'twaitIcan'twait! *jumps up and down*

It's too bad I know absolutely nothing about coding, or I'd offer to help. As it stands, I'd just get in the way with my useless "How do I start Python? What's this do? Why won't it print 'Hello world!'?"

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2010, 12:21:40 pm »

I assume we can also see attribute XP for each individual attribute?
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 106