Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this be made into one of the new DFHack plugins? (This is not binding)

Yes, I want to be able to use it with the DFHack console
- 288 (45.6%)
No, I like the stand alone QT version
- 140 (22.2%)
Both
- 204 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 631

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 106

Author Topic: Runesmith - A DC like tool  (Read 363031 times)

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Runesmith - A DC like tool
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2010, 01:41:07 pm »

Do you mean the raw Xp value or the value for things like strength?
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2010, 03:48:07 pm »

Both, but what I wanted was to see the actual XP progress towards the next level of strength or any other attribute.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2010, 04:25:21 pm »

Both, but what I wanted was to see the actual XP progress towards the next level of strength or any other attribute.

Eventually I'd like the raw xp value displayed in a tool tip when you hover over the progress bar. Currently progress is not displayed towards attributes (though racial average is), only skills since I'm not sure if DFHack reads those values or not (or even if they exist in game). The struct for holding attributes has rather cryptically named members apart from level and peterix isn't currently on IRC. Will get back to you when I know :)
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2010, 09:20:11 am »

Added happiness colour coding, let me know what you think. Might have to play with the weighting a bit because I haven't had a dwarf with happiness low enough to test the low end colours yet

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2010, 10:15:32 am »

Does it eventually go to red or does it just go to a darker brown?

Either way, it's a nice and simple addition.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2010, 10:50:09 am »

It should go red because as the percentage of red increases, the green decreases but like I said, I don't have a save with any miserable dwarves for testing

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2010, 10:57:28 am »

I figured it was like DT, just was making sure. I'm pretty sure if you've coded as much as that so far, I'm pretty sure you've got the color change down.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2010, 11:42:38 am »

You'd be supprised, I tend to do silly things and the go "Oh S***, I'm such an idiot!". Just added the option to filter the dead units from the list. By default dead aren't shown. Setting it to true triggers an update since by default I don;t bother processing them

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2010, 01:23:09 pm »

How long do you figure until it has edit functions?

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2010, 03:40:13 pm »

It depends, apart form adding displays for traits and misc info like nickname and position then I'm ready to start on the editing. The things I just mentioned should take less than a day provided I don't get sidetracked (which is likely). With editing, I have to add the functions to DFHack before I can use them, which I'm talking to petrix about right now, then I have to track changes, write editor delegates and implement the functions to update the data model with the changes. So not to much, but more than a few days.

So in summary, no idea.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2010, 03:45:43 pm »

Haha, fair enough. I'll leave you to your work. I'll just keep looking for russian rock/metal music.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2010, 07:21:38 pm »

Update 14/06/2010: Can now edit Happiness values :D

Coronel_Niel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2010, 01:10:28 am »

Skill editing would be nice as an added feature, you can already see the skills and can use the same way as you edited happiness.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2010, 01:29:52 am »

Update 14/06/2010: Can now edit Happiness values :D
Nice. Though I doubt the functionality of editing happiness. :P
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

magikarcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2010, 03:15:20 am »

Wait, so there is no DL link for this? Is Runesmith invite only?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 106