Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this be made into one of the new DFHack plugins? (This is not binding)

Yes, I want to be able to use it with the DFHack console
- 288 (45.6%)
No, I like the stand alone QT version
- 140 (22.2%)
Both
- 204 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 631

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 106

Author Topic: Runesmith - A DC like tool  (Read 366616 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Runesmith - A DC like tool
« Reply #210 on: June 21, 2010, 08:59:53 pm »

@0x517A5D: Thank you, thank you! I'm not sure how you found that, but I certainly appreciate it.

Edit: I couldn't manage to get that to work properly. Ah, well, I'll manage with 7 dorfs for now.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 10:27:14 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

rgon842

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 21, 2010, 09:29:51 pm »

I have a small request, sizeak. Is it possible for you to code a feature that allows Runesmith to write a custom X/Y/Z position for a creature, to allow defacto teleportation? I know that it currently reads and displays this, but I would like to modify the creature's location as well. I had an idea about building a completely enclosed space, teleporting the HFS there, and then every time you get a goblin siege (or elf merchants), proceed to teleport the latter within the "arena". Joy of joys as you see the goblins/hippies utterly slaughtered by those nasties.  :D

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 21, 2010, 10:12:23 pm »

I have a small request, sizeak. Is it possible for you to code a feature that allows Runesmith to write a custom X/Y/Z position for a creature, to allow defacto teleportation? I know that it currently reads and displays this, but I would like to modify the creature's location as well. I had an idea about building a completely enclosed space, teleporting the HFS there, and then every time you get a goblin siege (or elf merchants), proceed to teleport the latter within the "arena". Joy of joys as you see the goblins/hippies utterly slaughtered by those nasties.  :D
or you could use it to test how many goblins it takes to kill HFS. cage every goblin and/or elf you can, then save, backup the save incase it wasn't enough, then dump them all out into a pit and teleport them into the HFS in a huge zerg rush or non-dwarves.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 21, 2010, 10:27:54 pm »

Or you could use it to watch a gobbo fall 400 z levels to his untimely doom. ...what?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #214 on: June 21, 2010, 10:36:23 pm »

Been meaning to keep up on this, but great job dude. It's nice to see a program go from idea to working program. I don't know if I helped, but I'm glad you've got it working.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 21, 2010, 10:47:28 pm »

Or you could use it to watch a gobbo fall 400 z levels to his untimely doom. ...what?
you can already do that, thus its not as on-topic as what we could do with teleportation.
like, we could have a gobbo fall 5 stories repeatedly to save time building.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

darkedone02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 21, 2010, 10:49:28 pm »

I love this program, however there is one thing that i want to know... where is that ability for my dwarfs to understand relationships, as I maxed out all attributes and skills, yet I still got this problem where they have a poor ability to understand relationships or manage it...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 21, 2010, 11:01:23 pm »

you can already do that, thus its not as on-topic as what we could do with teleportation.

Well, how about this, then? You could make an entire battalion of Gobbos fall to their doom from 400 z levels up without making a ridiculous deathtrap that takes at least a few months real time to build?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 21, 2010, 11:02:23 pm »

I love this program, however there is one thing that i want to know... where is that ability for my dwarfs to understand relationships, as I maxed out all attributes and skills, yet I still got this problem where they have a poor ability to understand relationships or manage it...

Did you do any monkeying with the "Traits" tab? I'm not sure that that's there, but it's a place to start looking...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 21, 2010, 11:05:10 pm »

Well, how about this, then? You could make an entire battalion of Gobbos fall to their doom from 400 z levels up without making a ridiculous deathtrap that takes at least a few months real time to build?
point taken.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

darkedone02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 21, 2010, 11:12:45 pm »

Did you do any monkeying with the "Traits" tab? I'm not sure that that's there, but it's a place to start looking...

I did, but i don't think it's that. It should be at the attribute section because it's red instead of green, I think it's not added into it.

rgon842

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 21, 2010, 11:22:55 pm »

I did, but i don't think it's that. It should be at the attribute section because it's red instead of green, I think it's not added into it.

It looks like Runesmith is missing entries for the following attributes:

-Kinesthetic Sense
-Empathy
-Social Awareness

That's probably why your dorfs still has "relationship problems  :P"; you couldn't modify the Social Awareness attribute if you wanted to. I guess this is another feature request to sizeak for the next version?  ;)

Looking at it from the positive side, at least your dwarves can rip apart sieges with their bare hands.

Adultratedhydra

• Bay Watcher
  • That is a hydralisk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 22, 2010, 05:39:17 am »

0x517A5D: yeah i made a setting in my program to edit embark party. Unfortunately it crashes if less then 7. Didn't look into it, but my guess that somewhere later (alot?) in the code there is an assumption that party is of 7.

Excuse my complete ignorance on this process but how would you actually go about setting a higher number than 7?
If violence isnt solving your problem then add magma.

Ogantai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 22, 2010, 06:30:13 am »

0x517A5D: yeah i made a setting in my program to edit embark party. Unfortunately it crashes if less then 7. Didn't look into it, but my guess that somewhere later (alot?) in the code there is an assumption that party is of 7.

Excuse my complete ignorance on this process but how would you actually go about setting a higher number than 7?
Use cheatengine, artmoney, or any other memory editor.

Adultratedhydra

• Bay Watcher
  • That is a hydralisk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 22, 2010, 06:40:30 am »

Use cheatengine, artmoney, or any other memory editor.

Thanks. and so begins another learning experience.
If violence isnt solving your problem then add magma.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 106