Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this be made into one of the new DFHack plugins? (This is not binding)

Yes, I want to be able to use it with the DFHack console
- 288 (45.6%)
No, I like the stand alone QT version
- 140 (22.2%)
Both
- 204 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 631

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 106

Author Topic: Runesmith - A DC like tool  (Read 366598 times)

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
Re: Runesmith - A DC like tool
« Reply #690 on: September 21, 2010, 12:37:37 am »

basically designate a single tile as a garbage dump using 'i' and ... whatever key specifies it as a garbage dump, then whenever you have huge amounts of stone mark them for dumping with 'd', 'b', 'd' and your dwarfs will dump them on that one pile. every now and then reclaim the stone on the pile with 'd', 'b', 'c' and your dwarves will use them for construction or whatever - no messy stone, plenty of material for building and you keep your high level, fast digging miners! :)

THANK YOU! i've always wondered what to do with all of the damned stone i get from my strip mines :P

Fox the Undead

• Bay Watcher
  • Frozen Dwarf Gas
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: September 21, 2010, 04:40:07 am »

Do Runesmith requires not only version-compatible dfhack.dll, but also "full" offsets? I've used dll and memory.xml from last DFHack release and Runesmith crashes on launch with error "Entry point not found".

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: September 21, 2010, 04:58:31 am »

This is because DFHack has had changes made it since the last release, that and not all the offsets are present. I don't provide support for people updating themselves since usually it's more then just an offset update that is needed.
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: September 21, 2010, 09:17:17 pm »

This is because DFHack has had changes made it since the last release, that and not all the offsets are present. I don't provide support for people updating themselves since usually it's more then just an offset update that is needed.

when do you think you will have mapped all of the new offsets?  :-\

edit: Is this open source?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 10:05:43 pm by magistrate101 »

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: September 26, 2010, 06:25:04 pm »

Bump for a .14 version?
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: September 26, 2010, 06:37:56 pm »

DFHack still hasn't got all the .13 or .14 creature offsets. So no update till then
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: September 27, 2010, 05:12:45 pm »

I bet if this was open source, you would have people to help you make it, so updates would be faster :o

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: September 27, 2010, 05:15:01 pm »

What is it with you people and wanting everything to be open source? Just because it's open source a) doesn't mean it'll get done faster, b) means that there are more people to screw up code, and c) means that there may be coders with very conflicting styles. Enough, I say!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: September 27, 2010, 05:15:39 pm »

i second that.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: September 27, 2010, 06:21:18 pm »

I bet if this was open source, you would have people to help you make it, so updates would be faster :o

Maybe... but then... wait! IT'S NOT MY CODE THAT NEEDS UPDATING. FOR FUCK SAKE! HOW MANY TIMES DO I NEED TO SAY THAT WE'RE WAITING ON OFFSETS. FUCKING OFFFSETS!!!

OFFSETS!!!

OFFSETS!!

OFFSETS!!!

OFFSETS!!!

I have Runesmith running with the latest version of DFHack on my system, but it reports everything as dead and fey because not all the offsets are present. So again... OFFSETS!!!!

/End rant
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 06:25:21 pm by sizeak »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: September 27, 2010, 09:04:52 pm »

so waiting for a update for a those that don't have df .13 out of the question?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: September 27, 2010, 09:38:58 pm »

The one posted in the first post works for 31.12, but there was a big change in offsets in the 31.12-.13 change that many of them if not most still have not been found. The basics of DFHack are working, but the memory offsets are still a giant mess, which means Sizeak can do NOTHING until those offsets are found. If you absolutely MUST have Runesmith then play on .12 or what until the offsets are all found.

Slackratchet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: September 28, 2010, 01:47:10 am »

Or maybe instead you could bug the developer enough that he would walk away from the project entirely.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: September 28, 2010, 04:27:05 am »

Or maybe instead you could bug the developer enough that he would walk away from the project entirely.
That's always an option lol, though I think I probably over reacted

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: September 28, 2010, 08:01:12 am »

That's always an option lol, though I think I probably over reacted

You know, I probably did too, but still. *head asplode*

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 106