Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this be made into one of the new DFHack plugins? (This is not binding)

Yes, I want to be able to use it with the DFHack console
- 288 (45.6%)
No, I like the stand alone QT version
- 140 (22.2%)
Both
- 204 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 631

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 106

Author Topic: Runesmith - A DC like tool  (Read 366088 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Runesmith - A DC like tool
« Reply #1065 on: March 24, 2011, 05:22:57 pm »

OMG 31.22  >:(

And the most annoying thing is that this update is also highly desirable, as the Healthcare bugs have been (mostly) fixed.

*baps laser on the nose*

Stop that. 31.22 just came out. Be a bit more patient.

sir_laser

• Bay Watcher
  • It's lucky to be smart, but smarter to be lucky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: March 24, 2011, 06:13:38 pm »

OMG 31.22  >:(

And the most annoying thing is that this update is also highly desirable, as the Healthcare bugs have been (mostly) fixed.

*baps laser on the nose*

Stop that. 31.22 just came out. Be a bit more patient.

I'm not complaining to people about Runesmith's current incompatibility, just the luck of things.

"FINALLY we have offsets from DFHack to make Runesmith compatible w/ 31.21!"
Then Toady says no :'(
"That is the most amazing thing I have ever read ever."
- Friend's reaction to Bronzemurder

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: March 24, 2011, 06:31:57 pm »

Uh, what?
We've had them since the day .21 came out.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

sir_laser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: March 24, 2011, 06:47:16 pm »

Uh, what?
We've had them since the day .21 came out.

Yeah, but how long did we have to wait for that update from 31.16?

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: March 24, 2011, 06:56:12 pm »

... and the .20 update came out what... a few days later? Maybe a week? Seriuosly, chill out.... it's not like you're paying this guy to do it.

And if you were paying me and demanding that much out of me a few hours after it was even POSSIBLE to do it?
I'd quit on you.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

sir_laser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: March 24, 2011, 07:06:02 pm »

... and the .20 update came out what... a few days later? Maybe a week? Seriuosly, chill out.... it's not like you're paying this guy to do it.

And if you were paying me and demanding that much out of me a few hours after it was even POSSIBLE to do it?
I'd quit on you.

I apologize to everyone involved in this if I sounded demanding. Not trying to force anything from this, just expressing my frustration at the timing of things (31.22 getting released quite soon after Runesmith just becoming compatible with 31.21).

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
  • His lower body is melted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: March 24, 2011, 08:36:50 pm »

What the hell, laser?  A new version coming out doesn't affect prior versions, or their utilities, at all.  You can keep right on playing 31.21 to your heart's content.  You haven't lost anything, and Toady certainly hasn't said "no".

Seriously, what the hell?

Just wait a while.  The long dry spell after 31.16 had a lot to do with the fact that Peterix and Sizeak had other things to do at the time.  That's not going to happen every time, and I'm actually a bit surprised that the lack of gratitude or understanding from some people hasn't driven them away from further development in disgust.

If I were using my spare time to do this, I'd probably have begun PMing the more patient users with links to the utilities rather than posting them publicly by now.  But Peterix and Sizeak are better, more hardworking, and less bitter people than me.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 08:44:50 pm by Makbeth »
Diso Faintpuzzles was born in 120.  Although accounts vary it is universally agreed that Diso was chosen by fate as the vanguard of destiny.

In the early spring of 143 Diso began wandering the wilds.

In the early spring of 143 Diso starved to death in the Horn of Striking.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: March 24, 2011, 08:40:45 pm »

Furthermore, it's not like Runesmith has anything to do with it.  Once DFHack has the offsets, Runesmith can usually be manually fixed with a copy of two files.
Although I think an update is necessary at this point, because DFHack's API changed recently.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: March 24, 2011, 08:43:29 pm »

It all fits together nicely.

0.31.22 is buggy enough it'll get a quick bugfix.  DFHack needs a full update in the meantime, then fixed offsets when .23 comes out.  In the meantime, all the mod and utility makers can work on the updates to their respective files.  No new features will be added in .23, and if they are they'll be very minor.

So my suggestion to everyone is to just go back to .21 for a week and .23 will come out with pretty much everything it needs right behind it.

sir_laser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: March 24, 2011, 09:12:22 pm »

What the hell, laser?  A new version coming out doesn't affect prior versions, or their utilities, at all.  You can keep right on playing 31.21 to your heart's content.  You haven't lost anything, and Toady certainly hasn't said "no".

Just wait a while.  The long dry spell after 31.16 had a lot to do with the fact that Peterix and Sizeak had other things to do at the time.  That's not going to happen every time, and I'm actually a bit surprised that the lack of gratitude or understanding from some people hasn't driven them away from further development in disgust.

If I were using my spare time to do this, I'd probably have begun PMing the more patient users with links to the utilities rather than posting them publicly by now.  But Peterix and Sizeak are better, more hardworking, and less bitter people than me.

I suppose sarcasm doesn't carry across the internet very well.

It all fits together nicely.

0.31.22 is buggy enough it'll get a quick bugfix.  DFHack needs a full update in the meantime, then fixed offsets when .23 comes out.  In the meantime, all the mod and utility makers can work on the updates to their respective files.  No new features will be added in .23, and if they are they'll be very minor.

So my suggestion to everyone is to just go back to .21 for a week and .23 will come out with pretty much everything it needs right behind it.

That's a great suggestion. Thank you.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: March 24, 2011, 09:16:43 pm »

Not unless you're REALLY, REALLY thick with it.  Jeez, what do you want from text.  Ugh, god.  So useless I might poop.

See that's sarcasm that carries ;)

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
  • His lower body is melted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: March 24, 2011, 09:46:53 pm »

I suppose sarcasm doesn't carry across the internet very well.

I guess not.  There have been dozens of people in this thread and others making real comments very much like yours, so it's not really a good place for ambiguity.  I've learned to just use /sarcasm "tags" for that reason.

I apologize for getting all RAWR! at your comment.
Diso Faintpuzzles was born in 120.  Although accounts vary it is universally agreed that Diso was chosen by fate as the vanguard of destiny.

In the early spring of 143 Diso began wandering the wilds.

In the early spring of 143 Diso starved to death in the Horn of Striking.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1077 on: March 24, 2011, 09:58:44 pm »

This: https://github.com/peterix/dfhack/blob/master/Memory.xml

Try it. I know for sure that some of the things are wrong -- I'd like to know how wrong they are so I can fix them :)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: March 24, 2011, 10:03:42 pm »

Not unless you're REALLY, REALLY thick with it.  Jeez, what do you want from text.  Ugh, god.  So useless I might poop.

See that's sarcasm that carries ;)

The majority of the intent put behind text does not come across. This has been studied.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: March 24, 2011, 10:19:11 pm »

!SCIENCE!

You're an idiot

Doesn't go over well, people think you're serious

You r teh stoopidz

Goes over fine since nobody is offended at being called stupid by one who is obviously too dumb to spell properly, making it a joke, making it funny, making it socially acceptable.

Never thought I'd hear a coherent argument FOR lolspeekz, least of which from my own self!
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 106