Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this be made into one of the new DFHack plugins? (This is not binding)

Yes, I want to be able to use it with the DFHack console
- 288 (45.6%)
No, I like the stand alone QT version
- 140 (22.2%)
Both
- 204 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 631

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106

Author Topic: Runesmith - A DC like tool  (Read 363042 times)

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Runesmith - A DC like tool
« Reply #1560 on: February 05, 2013, 01:03:26 am »

runesmith lets you edit values of skills, modify dwarf stats, mood status, mood material, stop tantrum spirals by editing happiness, reset mood on berserk, melancholy, and babbling dwarves, teleport dwarves around, kill things, kind of allowed us to heal dwarves but not very well, and it also lets us rez a dead creature or dwarf as undead.

Therapist and whatever lets you look at things, runesmith lets you modify things directly.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: February 05, 2013, 10:15:12 am »

runesmith lets you edit values of skills, modify dwarf stats, mood status, mood material, stop tantrum spirals by editing happiness, reset mood on berserk, melancholy, and babbling dwarves, teleport dwarves around, kill things, kind of allowed us to heal dwarves but not very well, and it also lets us rez a dead creature or dwarf as undead.

Therapist and whatever lets you look at things, runesmith lets you modify things directly.
From what I've read in the dfhack thread, each of those features is available via dfhack, today.  If not directly, via dfusion and other contributed scripts.  It would also be a reasonably straightforward exercise to write such features yourself, meowmix, even if you were learning ruby or lua while doing so.
But I get it, some people prefer a GUI.  8)  Personally, I'm just happy to have the features, regardless of the interface.

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: February 07, 2013, 09:15:26 am »

From what I've read in the dfhack thread, each of those features is available via dfhack, today.  If not directly, via dfusion and other contributed scripts.  It would also be a reasonably straightforward exercise to write such features yourself, meowmix, even if you were learning ruby or lua while doing so.
But I get it, some people prefer a GUI.  8)  Personally, I'm just happy to have the features, regardless of the interface.

I've read through and searched the manuals that come with DFHack. Most of those features are mentioned, such as adjusting skills, happiness, resetting moods, killing things off, and teleporting dwarves/creatures/items around. But I have not yet found a mention of how to modify a dwarf's stats. Maybe I missed something? I'll have to ask.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: February 07, 2013, 10:50:49 am »

Something like

Code: [Select]
unit=dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit()
unit.body.physical_attrs.STRENGTH.value=2000

would do the trick, if you're talking about physical stats.

James009

• Bay Watcher
  • Under centaur siege for going on three years now!
    • View Profile
Re: Runesmith - Dwarf Value Editing?
« Reply #1564 on: February 07, 2013, 09:38:29 pm »

But you can not edit any values :( , I just asked. =(
Is there no way to edit dwarf values outside of Runesmith? I know that was the main reason I used it. That being said, not for cheating so much as for creating interesting characters in my fortress.
Recently slaughtered by the undead!

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: February 08, 2013, 06:08:41 am »

Use DFhack with vjek's scripts - they were somewhere on the wiki. Also DFhack thread has tons of scripts which let you edit attrributes, mood materials, preferences, character traits, ressurect a dwarf, turn instant teleportation on and do a lot of things. Actually there is nothing in Runesmith not covered in DFhack exceptfor GUI. You will have to search scripts for this though - and i really hope somebody will make a repository of dfhack scripts at last:)

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
  • Struggling author / pizza delivery guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: February 10, 2013, 01:20:05 am »

I seem to remember that Runesmith allowed you to spawn individual hostile creatures.  Am I crazy, or thinking of something else?  If it's not Runesmith, what is it?  I'm planning to make a community fortress that's effectively part D&D campaign.  I've come up with a few ways to do so (manually planting tamed animals and subjecting them to a syndrome to turn them into monsters, for example), but a utility would probably be easier.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 01:24:05 am by Talanic »
I'm an aspiring Science Fiction and Fantasy writer.  I'm telling the tale of a hapless cyborg everyman lost in a savage fantasy world.

My first review from a real magazine!

Gobolinno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: February 24, 2013, 04:38:05 pm »

The problem comes with the people like me who just get too confused without a GUI. =/

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: February 24, 2013, 11:18:18 pm »

Does it work with 34.11? If so, where do I put the download? Either there's no instructions or I missed them.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: February 25, 2013, 04:20:40 am »

It doesn't work with versions above 31.25

malvado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: March 02, 2013, 07:20:53 pm »

What is the status on this Project?
I do use Dfhack from time to time, but I feel that I had much more control with runesmith to see what was happening to my dorfs.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1571 on: April 29, 2013, 03:17:51 pm »

What is the status on this Project?
I do use Dfhack from time to time, but I feel that I had much more control with runesmith to see what was happening to my dorfs.
The status is: on the back burner.
Some of the stuff required to revive it is in place thanks to Japa and his work on IsoWorld - a good example on how to connect to a running DF instance and add more RPC calls. It's definitely possible to do now, with (relative) ease.

However, I'm still pretty busy. I'd be happy to help anyone who wants to pick up the project (with any details related to establishing communication between Runesmith and DFHack). Otherwise, it might still take me a month or two to get back to this.

Foamybeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KEK in all things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: April 30, 2013, 09:41:22 am »

Don't worry, peterix, we understand.

... If I understood coding I'd offer to help. >.>
Dwarf Fortress Immortality: Cask of Amontillado-ing all your dwarves.
I'm trying to figure out how creeping eyes vomit despite not having a mouth.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: April 30, 2013, 01:33:54 pm »

I am entitled to your time and effort. Finish it instantly!

Nah, take ur time. We appreciate you and your work.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #1574 on: May 01, 2013, 01:13:03 am »

Take the time you need :) Life comes first.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106