Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 853 854 [855] 856 857 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3430319 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: SalmonBot Edition
« Reply #12810 on: June 29, 2012, 10:10:26 pm »

Yeah, just chiming in a bit belatedly, MZ. You've got/had drink in you and didn't get behind the wheel. Regardless as to whatever she says about it, you did the right thing, period. Lady was asking you to put your life and the lives of other people on the road at risk for a situation that wasn't an emergency. That's frankly flat out immoral and insofar as that goes, you were specifically in the right to tell 'er (and anyone else that tries to get you to drive intoxicated) to go screw themselves.

Have a pat on the back from someone with a frothing hatred of people who drive under the influence.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #12811 on: June 29, 2012, 10:10:52 pm »

Good. I thought you were one of the guys whose right to see their child can be taken away like *that* (really the only kind of divorced father I've ever met). Well, I hope you can resolve it peacefully!

It's rarer than you'd think. I've easily met a dozen people from divorced families and none of them have been like that.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12812 on: June 29, 2012, 10:12:01 pm »

Good. I thought you were one of the guys whose right to see their child can be taken away like *that* (really the only kind of divorced father I've ever met). Well, I hope you can resolve it peacefully!

It's rarer than you'd think. I've easily met a dozen people from divorced families and none of them have been like that.

My cousin's dad was like that. Then again he was a total bastard.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12813 on: June 29, 2012, 10:12:12 pm »

Yeah, just chiming in a bit belatedly, MZ. You've got/had drink in you and didn't get behind the wheel. Regardless as to whatever she says about it, you did the right thing, period. Lady was asking you to put your life and the lives of other people on the road at risk for a situation that wasn't an emergency. That's frankly flat out immoral and insofar as that goes, you were specifically in the right to tell 'er (and anyone else that tries to get you to drive intoxicated) to go screw themselves.

Have a pat on the back from someone with a frothing hatred of people who drive under the influence.
I was a bartender for a very long year and a half. I've seen what drinking and driving can do firsthand. No way am I dumb enough to turn my car into a lump of flaming wreckage, and my body into a paste that looks like it's been run through a cheese grater.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #12814 on: June 29, 2012, 10:17:11 pm »

My cousin's dad was like that. Then again he was a total bastard.

I only know one father who completely lost custody of his kids to his wife, and that's because he was incredibly abusive.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12815 on: June 29, 2012, 10:28:22 pm »

Yes yes. I am not abusive. More like, "Crazy overprotective". Also, "Teaching his daughter to be a ninja". But not abusive.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12816 on: June 29, 2012, 10:29:21 pm »

Yes yes. I am not abusive. More like, "Crazy overprotective". Also, "Teaching his daughter to be a ninja". But not abusive.

You, sir, win at life.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12817 on: June 29, 2012, 10:32:11 pm »

She already has a black-eye-giving haymaker. At first, I was ashamed that I got a shiner from my 3 year old, but then someone asked me about it, and I was immensely proud. I'm glad that her fear instinct isn't "cowers until danger is gone," but instead amounts to "WAAAAAAAGH!"

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12818 on: June 29, 2012, 10:32:41 pm »

So she's going to be a Kommando when she grows up?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12819 on: June 29, 2012, 10:35:37 pm »

So she's going to be a Kommando when she grows up?
Except that she's a little blonde girl, with the genes to wind up 6 feet tall and bench press like an NFL player.

...fuck. I'm raising the second coming of Janet. My daughter's going to grow up wanting to eat me. It explains so much.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12820 on: June 29, 2012, 10:37:12 pm »

She already has a black-eye-giving haymaker. At first, I was ashamed that I got a shiner from my 3 year old, but then someone asked me about it, and I was immensely proud. I'm glad that her fear instinct isn't "cowers until danger is gone," but instead amounts to "WAAAAAAAGH!"

Now I can't stop imagining a 3 year old girl with a big-ass choppa.  :D you just made my day

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12821 on: June 29, 2012, 10:54:01 pm »

Now I can't stop imagining a 3 year old girl with a big-ass choppa.  :D you just made my day
That would be so fitting.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #12822 on: June 29, 2012, 10:54:24 pm »

Ninja toddlers: the solution to all of America's problems.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12823 on: June 29, 2012, 11:31:35 pm »

Orky Ninja toddlers at that.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #12824 on: June 30, 2012, 12:01:55 am »

Chrome finally convinced me to log into it. Now my browser history is stored somewhere so it can be synced with Chrome on my phone.

I'm baffled at why I think this is worth it.
Pages: 1 ... 853 854 [855] 856 857 ... 3345