Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1074 1075 [1076] 1077 1078 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3435351 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Scumbag Steve Edition
« Reply #16125 on: October 05, 2012, 08:51:12 pm »

Is the fan as full of dust as you expect the case to be?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16126 on: October 05, 2012, 08:57:43 pm »

Well I cleaned it out as best I could without any compressed air, and there was a bit of caked dust on the fan, but not a horrific amount.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #16127 on: October 05, 2012, 09:17:10 pm »

Do note there's a non-zero chance the thermal paste has heated itself into the aether, especially if you've had the computer for a decent period. If the dust being removed doesn't help, that might be it. Well, at least on laptops. I actually don't know if desktop fans use the stuff, but I'd guess so. Might still be worth checking, I guess.

In related news, and possibly due for OOC thread, fuck stripping screws with a brick. My hatred of screws has grown another notch this day, and its entirely the bastards' propensity to strip that has caused this.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16128 on: October 05, 2012, 09:28:27 pm »

How the crap did you manage to strip a screw using a brick?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #16129 on: October 05, 2012, 09:30:08 pm »

BSODs every time the CPU temp breaks 75 C. Probably a Windows failsafe.

This laptop got to 91 degrees C without a BSoD. The load? Acrobat motherfucking Reader.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16130 on: October 05, 2012, 09:31:08 pm »

You're over thinking it.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #16131 on: October 05, 2012, 09:32:28 pm »

Well, not this time. Rubberband helped, and a couple of knives, but it was mostly just the damned thing being stubborn and the screwdrivers doing the rest of the work.

Then I worked one of the flatheads back and forth for a few minutes with some pressure and apparently cut enough of a notch into the thing I could get it to come on out.

That said. If using a damned brick would prevent it, I'd be using a flipping brick. Pretty sure even brick slivers wouldn't work very well, though. They'd break before the screw started coming undone. I've tried to use bits of brick to pry stuff up before. Too fragile. Full brick can help knock stuff loose, but has a tendancy to make a mess. Dust everywhere. Bricks aren't very hard, really.

It was only one of the screws! But it's always just one of the screws. I have a sneaking goddamn suspicion that's intentional.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 09:34:26 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16132 on: October 05, 2012, 09:39:11 pm »

You're over thinking it.
Being tired and reading drunk fortress thread at same time probably not helping with sense.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16133 on: October 06, 2012, 12:11:06 am »

So yesterday, after the bulk of my public transport-related adventures, I timed stuff well and had time to grab a bite to eat (sushi) before getting on a train heading straight home. The ragey part? The people packed into the carriage with me. ::)

Seriously, I thought I was being clever by getting a train which went express most of the way, and then continued normally to my station. In practice, however, that meant one of the longest train trips of my life, spent standing with my back pressed against the luggage rack as the stupid rednecks in the carriage cursed, drank and swore, playing rap music on their phone, lead by one of the ugliest, most foul-mouthed women I have ever had the misfortune of encountering. (And I thought my sister was bad!)
At least I had an excuse to joke with the girl standing next to me at their expense.

Every time the conductor's voice said, "This is a Nambour* train," I inwardly groaned. Like they needed to remind us. :P
To my surprise(and relief), though, they actually got off before Nambour. After that the trip was pleasant.

*Nambour: The shitty, redneck-infested large town/small city that I am unfortunate enough to live in.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16134 on: October 06, 2012, 02:11:25 am »

So, three days of internet rage turned out to be caused by the main internet cabel being badly bent, worn and too slow to carry the 20mbit/s connection from the plug to the router.

Blah, all the rage because of such trivial thing...
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16135 on: October 06, 2012, 02:13:33 am »

First rule of cable problems: check your cable!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #16136 on: October 06, 2012, 02:35:52 am »

Accidentally posted my forum game in the wrong category, then, upon realising my mistake, reposted the topic in the correct category instead of waiting for a moderator to move it. I am so damned stupid..

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16137 on: October 06, 2012, 02:37:56 am »

I'd tell you that you can move it yourself, but that would just make you feel worse :(

...Oops?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16138 on: October 06, 2012, 03:31:32 am »

So yesterday, after the bulk of my public transport-related adventures, I timed stuff well and had time to grab a bite to eat (sushi) before getting on a train heading straight home. The ragey part? The people packed into the carriage with me. ::)

Seriously, I thought I was being clever by getting a train which went express most of the way, and then continued normally to my station. In practice, however, that meant one of the longest train trips of my life, spent standing with my back pressed against the luggage rack as the stupid rednecks in the carriage cursed, drank and swore, playing rap music on their phone, lead by one of the ugliest, most foul-mouthed women I have ever had the misfortune of encountering. (And I thought my sister was bad!)
At least I had an excuse to joke with the girl standing next to me at their expense.

Every time the conductor's voice said, "This is a Nambour* train," I inwardly groaned. Like they needed to remind us. :P
To my surprise(and relief), though, they actually got off before Nambour. After that the trip was pleasant.

*Nambour: The shitty, redneck-infested large town/small city that I am unfortunate enough to live in.

I didn't know you had trains up there. Teehee.

Kidding... Yeah I had a similar trip not long ago. 'This is a Pakenham, Limited express.' we proceed to stop at Murrumbeena for 20 minutes with no explanation in an ancient and heavily packed train.

Urist McPenguinhead

• Bay Watcher
  • dungeon master with questionable motives
    • View Profile
« Reply #16139 on: October 06, 2012, 06:39:05 am »

I didn't know you had trains up there. Teehee.

Kidding... Yeah I had a similar trip not long ago. 'This is a Pakenham, Limited express.' we proceed to stop at Murrumbeena for 20 minutes with no explanation in an ancient and heavily packed train.

I feel your pains -_- I was stuck at emu plains on my way to the Blue Mountains for nearly an hour. All the conductor guy said was "Sorry for the inconvenience, sections of the track are under repair." Really? I thought they stopped the trains when trackwork was being done :/

and I was sitting next to this dude who was sweating like a pig and another guys bum was literally in my face. Not nice.
Pages: 1 ... 1074 1075 [1076] 1077 1078 ... 3345