Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1300 1301 [1302] 1303 1304 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3426367 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Ho-Ho-HANGOVER Edition
« Reply #19515 on: January 01, 2013, 09:25:26 pm »

Just read this. Don't read it; it's logic level is under -9000.
What I got from it: Some guys (probably correctly) insisting that the thing could take over a xenomorph.
Another guy saying 'No, because exoskeleton and acid'
Actually, he was arguing that aliums could kill the Thong because they could evolve faster than the Thing.
Even though The Thing is basically the embodiment of evolution.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19516 on: January 01, 2013, 10:13:13 pm »

No. The thing is hyper-evolution. There is nothing gradual about its changes. Humanity, carp or pigeons would make better examples.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19517 on: January 01, 2013, 10:21:40 pm »

[REDACTED]
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 11:13:29 pm by dei »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #19518 on: January 01, 2013, 10:22:44 pm »

Although not SUPER EFFECTIVE against the Thing, fire is basically the only thing that kills it completely (aside from atom smashers), so being wary of fire is understandable. After all, you'd be scared of being burned alive.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #19519 on: January 01, 2013, 10:32:50 pm »

... people have a "place"?

Did the firmament of existence turn into a caste system when I wasn't paying attention? Why has no one bothered to mention this change?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19520 on: January 01, 2013, 10:44:37 pm »

Did the firmament of existence turn into a caste system when I wasn't paying attention? Why has no one bothered to mention this change?

YOUR PLACE WAS IGNORANCE AND YOU HAVE LEFT IT, CASTE VIOLATER!

But joking aside, alcohol was the basis of civilization in the first place. You can only make alcohol if you have a grain surplus, and you can only have a grain surplus if you have many farmers working together. Individual farmers can only subsistence farm. Not enough extra to make booze. So, way back in the day, teenagers were like, "Let's go to the city. I know mom and dad said the city is full of baby-eating demon-people, but they've got this water stuff that makes you FEEL AMAZING."
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19521 on: January 01, 2013, 10:51:43 pm »

Yeah, people who say that people have a place, they piss me off.

I'm starting to reeeeally dislike dei...
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #19522 on: January 01, 2013, 10:57:53 pm »

Two simultaneous leg cramps about 30 minutes ago, and the arms of my chair broke. Could barely crawl out of the chair and onto the floor so I could lay straight. Even elevating my head was apparently too much strain and it starts back up. After a few minutes on my back, stiff as a board, I managed to limp to the kitchen and eat a banana. I hope it helps keep it from recurring. God, both my legs from the tips of my toes to the hip are sore. Had to take off the back of my chair to get rid of the broken arms.
edit: hm I think my post got eaten o_O  Wanted to say, yikes and I've had my share of leg cramps before and they do suck.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 11:25:37 pm by Euld »

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19523 on: January 01, 2013, 11:12:49 pm »

Yeah, people who say that people have a place, they piss me off.

I'm starting to reeeeally dislike dei...
My apologies. It wasn't my intention to come off as some kind of elitist. I however am not certain what the words are to phrase what it was that I was trying to say. In hindsight however perhaps I should have kept my mouth shut, and for offending you I apologize. I do not think people have a place, I just think that people sometime think it is their place to say certain things about a person when in reality they should just keep their mouths shut.

People that think they know a person better than that person knows themselves for example. Quite a few people are like that towards me due to my disabilities and it pisses me off. The only person that truly knows what is going on inside of my head is me after all, and the person that knows me the best is me. Yet I deal with people who say otherwise and try to impose their own wills and desires upon myself and my person without knowing what I truly want or desire. It is not their place to say such things even if they do care, which usually they do not truly do so.

One more, my apologies for misphrasing what I had said previously. To avoid further conflict it shall be for the most part expunged from the public record. I do not wish to be known as an elitist, as that is not what I am nor is that my intention to be known as such. I only hope you can find it possible to forgive my mistake.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19524 on: January 02, 2013, 12:25:40 am »

Hell, I can, having never read it.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #19525 on: January 02, 2013, 12:30:54 am »

Imposition, stay out of my business, nosy, etc... that sort of thing. Yeah, if there's a particular word for it in english I can't recall one and that has a considerably different connotation with that minimal context given, heh. Apologies to the degree it's appropriate for not giving more of a benefit of doubt.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #19526 on: January 03, 2013, 10:52:49 am »

Dude in the row in front of me on the plane would. Not. Shut. Up. A 40ish min flight and he managed to talk the whole freaking time to the person across the row from him. His life story, what his highschool was like, how he was the tallest fucking person at a concert full of women. And to boot, he had a gold-leaf copy of the Hobbit in front of him. You know, the kind they printed for the new release.

Normally I can let people alone to their stuff, but I was part of that conversation whether I wanted to be or not and I was 10 minutes away from politely asking him to shut the fuck up.

The irony? The woman he was talking to, her sister was deaf. She was the lucky one.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19527 on: January 03, 2013, 01:33:07 pm »

But joking aside, alcohol was the basis of civilization in the first place. You can only make alcohol if you have a grain surplus, and you can only have a grain surplus if you have many farmers working together. Individual farmers can only subsistence farm. Not enough extra to make booze. So, way back in the day, teenagers were like, "Let's go to the city. I know mom and dad said the city is full of baby-eating demon-people, but they've got this water stuff that makes you FEEL AMAZING."

How did humanity begin, hans?
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19528 on: January 03, 2013, 01:38:33 pm »

How did humanity begin, hans?

There were these apes in trees, and they were like, "Man, this 'getting eaten by leopards' shit is getting REALLY FUCKING OLD. Let's go down onto the plains, it's probably safer there."
And then one week later, they were like, "OH FUCK LIONS ARGGGGH! GIVE ME THE ROCK! *CRUNCH* HA! FUCK YOU LION! *CRUNCH* WHO NEEDS BIG TEETH NOW?" And then all the other apes looked at this one and were like, "How'd you do that? The thing... With the rock? Show us that shit."
And then later that week, another ape figured out how to take a sharp rock and put it on a stick to have a longer sharp rock. And then another ape figured out fire. And they were all like, "Dude. This is going to be a huge hit at the next Apetoberfest."
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19529 on: January 03, 2013, 01:43:04 pm »

I am raging because drama in my rage thread.

Viking yell time

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 01:48:30 pm by DrPoo »
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?
Pages: 1 ... 1300 1301 [1302] 1303 1304 ... 3345