Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1838 1839 [1840] 1841 1842 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3442117 times)

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE: Insect Extreme Edition
« Reply #27585 on: September 19, 2013, 07:28:32 pm »

To the insect discussion, all I shall post is this:

Spoiler: Warning: Large Image (click to show/hide)
I wasn't planning on sleeping tonight anyways...

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #27586 on: September 19, 2013, 08:33:48 pm »

To the insect discussion, all I shall post is this:

Spoiler: Warning: Large Image (click to show/hide)
I wasn't planning on sleeping tonight anyways...

Very well.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Asian Giant Hornet, with a 6mm long stinger and venom that contains the neurotoxin MDTX in addition to the normal cytolitic peptide.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 08:36:48 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #27587 on: September 19, 2013, 08:40:42 pm »

Ever seen an Earwig before?
Ever seen a 3 inch long earwig before?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Helena_earwig
Though apparently they are either extinct or close to it; the last was seen about half a century ago.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27588 on: September 19, 2013, 08:46:47 pm »

Asian Giant Hornet, with a 6mm long stinger and venom that contains the neurotoxin MDTX in addition to the normal cytolitic peptide.
I sincerely hope that thing was dead at the time of that photo being taken.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27589 on: September 19, 2013, 09:02:42 pm »

I sincerely hope that thing was dead at the time of that photo being taken.
I'm no doctor, but I'm rather confident in assuming they don't live very long with all their bits chopped off like that.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #27590 on: September 19, 2013, 09:21:47 pm »

... you don't know bugs very well, do you?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27591 on: September 19, 2013, 09:39:09 pm »

In this case, "long" would be half a century.

I stand by this statement.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #27592 on: September 20, 2013, 12:41:16 am »

Snipped another instance of the OP rules on forum drama being ignored.  Since it's the third one in like a week, I'm hesitant to reopen the thread.  If it continues to be a pattern, there will be no rage thread.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: "And now say I RAEG" Edition
« Reply #27593 on: September 20, 2013, 11:42:35 am »

Again, I find the harpy supervisor at work to be unbearable. Right at the end of the day, she asks me if the tables have been cleaned. Since this is something someone else usually handles, I don't know, so she tells me to go clean them. As I go to do so, she starts yelling at me for leaving dishes out to dry when I leave, which I do because they're not dry and I have been yelled at for putting away dishes that are still wet. Oh, and the reason she says this is because she doesn't feel like doing it herself, which not only means she wants me to be late for my bus simply because she doesn't feel like doing her job, but I finally figured out who's been leaving a goddamn mess of the dish room that I clean up every morning.

And right as I'm leaving - in addition to already running late and still being passed dishes to wash - I get handed a list of things I'm expected to do today, a day I don't even work. And it wasn't stuff that even made sense.

C'mon, butterflies and ladybugs are way scarier than things like mantises. Manti? Manteese?
Do note that ladybugs are poisonous(although it's harmless/not enough to harm humans), and tend to bully and devour smaller bugs, generally with impunity because of their massive size(compared to their victims) and armored carapace.

So, if you call a girl a "cute little ladybug", you might as well be calling her a "cute little death-tank of doom". Some girls may still consider that a compliment, though.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27594 on: September 20, 2013, 12:02:59 pm »

Driving back from UA (Drug testing) and get behind this blue pickup. In front of the pickup is a little new shiny silver car. The car is doing 30 in a 45 speed limit zone. Naturally, on the one lane side of the road. So we follow him like a mile and a half, and he turns off... Into the exclusive, highly expensive lolricher-than-you neighborhood. FFS, can you at least get out of the way of the poor people so they can go back to slaving away to try to pay the rent? Blech.

Other than that, it's a beautiful day. Overcast and slightly rainy, which is perfect to me. About 65 degrees Farenheit, which is also perfect.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27595 on: September 20, 2013, 01:02:29 pm »

Driving back from UA (Drug testing) and get behind this blue pickup. In front of the pickup is a little new shiny silver car. The car is doing 30 in a 45 speed limit zone. Naturally, on the one lane side of the road. So we follow him like a mile and a half, and he turns off... Into the exclusive, highly expensive lolricher-than-you neighborhood. FFS, can you at least get out of the way of the poor people so they can go back to slaving away to try to pay the rent? Blech.

Other than that, it's a beautiful day. Overcast and slightly rainy, which is perfect to me. About 65 degrees Farenheit, which is also perfect.
this is where you flash your headlights and honk your massive horn, if they stick their hand out the window you win.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #27596 on: September 20, 2013, 01:28:11 pm »

Updated the OP. 99% of people obey the rules and are respectful of them. This is for the 1% who just don't seem to freaking get it. I'm out of patience for playing nice, from here on out i'm just going to lock the thread and report people. Because ASKING people to behave seems to get me nowhere. I've always avoided singling people out for moderation because I don't want to be that guy, but clearly that's what it takes to get everyone to obey the rules and keep the thread open.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 01:29:48 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE: New rules, read them.
« Reply #27597 on: September 20, 2013, 01:30:59 pm »

Kids/Idiots that do not understand that...
"NO I am not giving or selling X TF2 item to you" MEANS NO!
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #27598 on: September 20, 2013, 03:11:15 pm »

Kids/Idiots don't understand
'Ey. I'm a kid and an idiot, I find that offensive.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27599 on: September 20, 2013, 03:23:20 pm »

Kids/Idiots don't understand
'Ey. I'm a kid and an idiot, I find that offensive.

I'm an adult and probably not an idiot, and I find it offensive that you're offended. Offense-CEPTION. It keeps autocorrecting Ception to caption which is NOT THE WORD I WANTED. Anyways, let's move on from this, shall we?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 1838 1839 [1840] 1841 1842 ... 3345