Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1906 1907 [1908] 1909 1910 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3424217 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Song of Sigs Edition
« Reply #28605 on: October 20, 2013, 12:37:04 am »

Canada.

That is all.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

lue

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:missing right bracket
    • View Profile
« Reply #28606 on: October 20, 2013, 12:42:56 am »

Canada.

That is all.
CANADA!!!

Seriously, I'm starting to think your politeness is a fatal flaw; if you'd been aggressive and taken over the US when you had the chance, there'd be universal healthcare, good internet, grumble grumble...
Post not guaranteed accurate or pristine for all of time.
Sigtext. Enticing, yes? If you do not know where things I have "sigged" go, this page will explain.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28607 on: October 20, 2013, 12:44:20 am »

Oh, sorry.

That was in reference to the data-cap rage about Comcast.

Take a look at -our- caps and data rates. :I
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #28608 on: October 20, 2013, 12:46:04 am »

Oh, sorry.

Indeed.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

lue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28609 on: October 20, 2013, 12:58:29 am »

Oh, sorry.

Well, by now I just assume all mentions about how Canada does things that don't explain more than "we do it different" is meant to say Canada does it better :) .
Sigtext. Enticing, yes? If you do not know where things I have "sigged" go, this page will explain.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #28610 on: October 20, 2013, 01:00:50 am »

Canada.

That is all.
CANADA!!!

Seriously, I'm starting to think your politeness is a fatal flaw; if you'd been aggressive and taken over the US when you had the chance, there'd be universal healthcare, good internet, grumble grumble...

To be fair, they did manage to burn our capital down when we were at war.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #28611 on: October 20, 2013, 01:03:37 am »

Weren't they possessed by the french then?

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28612 on: October 20, 2013, 01:13:11 am »

They had an exorcism.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #28613 on: October 20, 2013, 01:18:12 am »

Weren't they possessed by the french then?

No, it was Britain.

lue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28614 on: October 20, 2013, 01:47:16 am »

Welp, I decided to see if I could sign up for NaNoWriMo tonight (and if not for some reason, put it off 'till tomorrow). Turns out this is the second site I've run into that claims "lue" is a spammy sort of username. They provided a helpful link to "Stop Forum Spam", a service they apparently use, where I could clear that username.

First annoyance there: the search function claimed "lue" was too short a query to run through their search function (yet apparently not too short to block >:() Since that wasn't important anyway, I found the request removal button.

Second annoyance: (aside from the vague statement about not accepting claims from "disposable email accounts", which I presume includes my gmail account) They said that if it was just the username, and not also either the IP or email, that I can't contact them anyway and should instead badger the originating site.

So I have to tomorrow send off an email to NaNoWriMo insisting that yes, I really am trying to become lue.

>:(

The good name of Life U. Everything is being tarnished on the Internet, and I fear I cannot stand for such impudence!

(and it looks like finding the right email address/way to use uservoice will be a fun activity as well. I'd just go for one of my alternates, but this is severely aggravating. There aren't even any numbers in the username for chrissake!)

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28615 on: October 20, 2013, 02:26:29 am »

Welp, I decided to see if I could sign up for NaNoWriMo tonight (and if not for some reason, put it off 'till tomorrow). Turns out this is the second site I've run into that claims "lue" is a spammy sort of username. They provided a helpful link to "Stop Forum Spam", a service they apparently use, where I could clear that username.

First annoyance there: the search function claimed "lue" was too short a query to run through their search function (yet apparently not too short to block >:() Since that wasn't important anyway, I found the request removal button.

Second annoyance: (aside from the vague statement about not accepting claims from "disposable email accounts", which I presume includes my gmail account) They said that if it was just the username, and not also either the IP or email, that I can't contact them anyway and should instead badger the originating site.

So I have to tomorrow send off an email to NaNoWriMo insisting that yes, I really am trying to become lue.

>:(

The good name of Life U. Everything is being tarnished on the Internet, and I fear I cannot stand for such impudence!

(and it looks like finding the right email address/way to use uservoice will be a fun activity as well. I'd just go for one of my alternates, but this is severely aggravating. There aren't even any numbers in the username for chrissake!)
To be fair, the whole reason I have the 'Pro' in my username is because some websites require 7+ character long usernames.

Hey, did you guys know that The Crucible is misogynist crap and that I am misogynistic for defending it. >:(

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #28616 on: October 20, 2013, 05:00:17 am »

I add a 3145 to my name for sites that have Putnam already taken or that require 7 letters because nostalgia.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #28617 on: October 20, 2013, 08:45:44 am »

Thanks guys. I just had to get it out. Now I feel way better.  ;)
I only just read this, and I have to say, i've never felt like someone else's situation so closely matches my own. Seriously, don't let it build up is the best advice I can give. This thread is here for a reason. Otherwise, hang on in there mate.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #28618 on: October 20, 2013, 09:32:33 am »

I also feel you, Cmega. I'm lucky enough to have some friends that seem to honestly care about me, tough. And parents that aren't assholes.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #28619 on: October 20, 2013, 09:38:43 am »

Canada.

That is all.
CANADA!!!

To be fair, they did manage to burn our capital down when we were at war.

I don't think they apologized for that, which, according to Canadian constitution, officially makes them non-Canadian.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 1906 1907 [1908] 1909 1910 ... 3345