Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1907 1908 [1909] 1910 1911 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3426920 times)

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Song of Sigs Edition
« Reply #28620 on: October 20, 2013, 09:39:30 am »

Canada.

That is all.
CANADA!!!

Seriously, I'm starting to think your politeness is a fatal flaw; if you'd been aggressive and taken over the US when you had the chance, there'd be universal healthcare, good internet, grumble grumble...

To be fair, they did manage to burn our capital down when we were at war.

I don't think they apologized for that, which, according to Canadian constitution, officially makes them non-Canadian.
No true Canadians.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #28621 on: October 20, 2013, 11:00:05 am »

Why can I not find a pair of wireless headsets that is NOT shit...

First my Logitech G930 flipped the fuck out causing me to buy a pair of Corsair Vengeance 2000 which now have the most annoying fucking bug I have seen.
Basically the headset hangs, with the charge light and on/off light constantly on. The headset can not be used at all, it can't even be turned off and on again. The only workaround I've found is from a thread from 2012 on the corsair support forum and that is to leave the bastards to completely drain and then charge them up again because corsair decided not to include a bloody hard reset button.

Fuck. I am tired of buying expensive headsets that turn out to work for a month or two and then break down.

Now I've got to dig out my receipt and demand a replacement at the store only to probably run in to some other fucking issue down the line.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28622 on: October 20, 2013, 11:07:14 am »

wireless
I would avoid wireless if at all possible. Nothing good ever comes of it in audio land.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28623 on: October 20, 2013, 11:41:24 am »

Welp, I decided to see if I could sign up for NaNoWriMo tonight (and if not for some reason, put it off 'till tomorrow). Turns out this is the second site I've run into that claims "lue" is a spammy sort of username. They provided a helpful link to "Stop Forum Spam", a service they apparently use, where I could clear that username.

First annoyance there: the search function claimed "lue" was too short a query to run through their search function (yet apparently not too short to block >:() Since that wasn't important anyway, I found the request removal button.

Second annoyance: (aside from the vague statement about not accepting claims from "disposable email accounts", which I presume includes my gmail account) They said that if it was just the username, and not also either the IP or email, that I can't contact them anyway and should instead badger the originating site.

So I have to tomorrow send off an email to NaNoWriMo insisting that yes, I really am trying to become lue.

>:(

The good name of Life U. Everything is being tarnished on the Internet, and I fear I cannot stand for such impudence!

(and it looks like finding the right email address/way to use uservoice will be a fun activity as well. I'd just go for one of my alternates, but this is severely aggravating. There aren't even any numbers in the username for chrissake!)

Whoo, another NaNo! Good luck getting that all sorted out, that's pretty weird. I wonder how you got put on all the spam listings D:
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #28624 on: October 20, 2013, 11:55:05 am »

wireless
I would avoid wireless if at all possible. Nothing good ever comes of it in audio hardware land.
FTFY

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28625 on: October 20, 2013, 12:11:44 pm »

Cmega, I'm also an extrovert who has been forced into acting like an introvert. It sucks. But if I've learned one thing, it's that I'm not alone. There are literally tons of people like you or me. Seriously, we couldn't fit them all into shipping crates without breaking so many freight regulations.

Also, keep on keepin' on. Remember everyone here is also a person in meatspace. Even if it seems like we're different than people in real life, we're actually some of those people. It's just hard to tell, sometimes.

If I could suggest something, look for people who are lonely. People who need a friend. Mutual need gives way to mutual trust, which grows to friendship. I know it's tempting to first reach for those who are surrounded by friends, but trust me on this.

This advice applies to anyone who feels lonely, by the way.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #28626 on: October 20, 2013, 12:34:41 pm »

My roommate could have slept with a minor celebrity but he didn't. I don't think he understands the concept of "bragging rights".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28627 on: October 20, 2013, 01:13:24 pm »

Stuff doesn't wash out, stuff doesn't scrub out, it doesn't wipe out, it doesn't soap out- it's all well and dandy to wear for our field show (state wrapped up yesterday) but I might have a case of slight raccoon eyes for the next four days or so despite my best efforts to scrub it away. Seriously, makeup sucks.

Oh honey D:

Go buy some cold cream or makeup wipes.  Makeup is made not to scrub out, wipe out, or soap out.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

lue

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:missing right bracket
    • View Profile
« Reply #28628 on: October 20, 2013, 01:53:36 pm »

Whoo, another NaNo! Good luck getting that all sorted out, that's pretty weird. I wonder how you got put on all the spam listings D:
It's nothing I did, I think it's just the nature of having a three-character username that also could possibly be a real life name (imagine all the spambots who sign up with real names to fool you). I think I'll try my secondary account name, and if that fails, there'll be some finagling.

But what really got me wasn't the blockage (like I said, happened once before), but the stupid service they use not letting you request just name removal, preferring instead you contact the site instead. I understand why it'd be a terrible idea for them to remove a username from the blacklist for every site using the service (as opposed to your IP or email), but it still leaves me with a feeling of "why bother blanket-banning just usernames someone might want to use if you won't let people unban them?"
Post not guaranteed accurate or pristine for all of time.
Sigtext. Enticing, yes? If you do not know where things I have "sigged" go, this page will explain.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28629 on: October 20, 2013, 01:59:44 pm »

Printer ran out of ink. I don't normally use it, so I wasn't bothered.

But I had to remove the cartridges for my mom. She kept randomly grabbing at the printer and pressing buttons as I was trying to remove the cartridges.

I opened the cover, and she still kept grabbing at it, causing me to drop it. I hope the casing wasn't damaged. Then I put the cover back up, and went to press the button that slides the cartridges out of their slot. It isn't like a pin or anything that you push, it's an actual powered button, meaning that the printer has to be on to remove the cartridges. A flawed design at best.

Of course, as I was about to press the button, my mom yanked on a ribbon that was attached to the cartridges, pulling them out of their slots. Now out of their slots, I had to simultaneously push two tabs in order to lift the casing covering the cartridges. My mom pushed me out of the way and simply started yanking on them instead.

Then after I removed the cartridges she tried to force them back into their slots in the printer. It does not do this. Every time she pushed it back into the slot, it would come sliding back out, fairly fast. Again, it required you to push a button that activated rollers that slide it back into place. What a shitty design.

But seriously, she was a secretary for almost 20 years, how can she not know how to use a printer? Or a computer, for that matter? Why do I have to do most of this?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #28630 on: October 20, 2013, 02:08:35 pm »

The better question is: Why was your mom grabbing at the printer and pressing buttons while you were doing something with it?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #28631 on: October 20, 2013, 02:10:43 pm »

"Helping", of course. In that magical way only the technically inept and intrusive can.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

lue

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:missing right bracket
    • View Profile
« Reply #28632 on: October 20, 2013, 02:12:21 pm »

The better question is: Why was your mom grabbing at the printer and pressing buttons while you were doing something with it?
The even better question is: Why did you not consider the question miauw62 proposed as worth mentioning in your post, opting instead for more mundane ones? How often does she pull this stuff?
Post not guaranteed accurate or pristine for all of time.
Sigtext. Enticing, yes? If you do not know where things I have "sigged" go, this page will explain.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28633 on: October 20, 2013, 02:12:58 pm »

Normally when you ask someone to do something for them, you wouldn't try to do what they are doing while they are doing it.

It bugs the hell out of me when people try to do that. It even almost got me killed once.

My grandmother was trying to teach me to drive, and panicked when I made a turn, grabbed the wheel and forced me into the oncoming lane, right in the path of an 18 wheeler, because she was afraid that I made too wide of a turn and was going to hit the curb.

E: To answer lue, all the fucking time. Seems like everyone does this when I try to help them, to be honest.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 02:15:26 pm by BlackFlyme »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28634 on: October 20, 2013, 02:54:31 pm »

You need to put a stop to that.

"I'll help you, if you back off. Obviously if you interfere, you want to do it yourself and don't -really- need my help."

Of course, if you are fixing something YOU need to be fixed, you can't use this. That's when you get out the broom.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 1907 1908 [1909] 1910 1911 ... 3345