Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1932 1933 [1934] 1935 1936 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3428953 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: FLAC That Edition
« Reply #28995 on: October 31, 2013, 03:29:35 pm »

James Rolfe doesn't update fast enough. Neither does Doug Walker. Northernlion has nothing interesting. Youtube a shit.
Yeah, that's been driving me up the wall too.

JonTron's uploaded 2 videos in the last week.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28996 on: October 31, 2013, 04:01:54 pm »

James Rolfe doesn't update fast enough. Neither does Doug Walker. Northernlion has nothing interesting. Youtube a shit.
Yeah, that's been driving me up the wall too.
JonTron's uploaded 2 videos in the last week.
Only person I watch on that list is Northernlion, actually. It applies to most of the other LPers I watch, though.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28997 on: October 31, 2013, 04:18:01 pm »

It is raining. It has been raining all day. It will rain for the rest of the day. We are two weeks behind in putting up Christmas decorations, so guess what? We work in the rain. We work in snow. We work in that horrible mixture of snow and rain that leaves you freezing and soaked to the bone at the same time. We have two weeks to finish putting them up and wire them. On November 15th, the lights go on. Also, I just found out, they don't have to give me notice for layoffs. I knew I didn't get the two weeks but I thought I at least got 24 hours.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28998 on: October 31, 2013, 04:46:35 pm »

WHY ARE YOU PUTTING UP CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS IN GODDAMN OCTOBER?!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #28999 on: October 31, 2013, 04:48:21 pm »

He said, on October 31st.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29000 on: October 31, 2013, 04:58:55 pm »

Almost every site I've been on today, from news sites to game sites, I get redirected by ads to an obviously fake page claiming that my Java is outdated, and that I need to update it to proceed.

The URL is obviously fake, and this "newest version" happens to be fairly old.
Check your proxy settings.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29001 on: October 31, 2013, 05:04:19 pm »

Almost every site I've been on today, from news sites to game sites, I get redirected by ads to an obviously fake page claiming that my Java is outdated, and that I need to update it to proceed.

Also possibly a virus, but there are other fun workarounds like No Script and AdBlock.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29002 on: October 31, 2013, 05:18:25 pm »

Also possibly a virus, but there are other fun workarounds like No Script and AdBlock.

I just ran a few virus scans, and I'm positive that it's adverts that redirect me. Sites without adverts haven't tried to redirect me yet.

Not quite sure how to set up a proxy, I've never touched that function. I'll probably just look into getting an adblocker.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29003 on: October 31, 2013, 05:26:54 pm »

I just ran a few virus scans, and I'm positive that it's adverts that redirect me. Sites without adverts haven't tried to redirect me yet.

Not quite sure how to set up a proxy, I've never touched that function. I'll probably just look into getting an adblocker.
If you're using Firefox or Chrome, just google Adblock+ and it should take you to a browser add-on (the correct site is adblockplus, please use sparingly because most sites get all their revenue from unintrusive banner ads).

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29004 on: October 31, 2013, 05:33:53 pm »

My goddarn organic chemistry teacher. The old vulture thought to catch me off-guard by making me answer things in front of the class, but I thwarted her plans by giving the sweetest explanation of the Diels-Alder reaction by the molecular orbital method you ever heard- seriously, if it was any better, the class would've had spontaneous multiple orgasms, and a choir of angels would  have announced that I have been appointed the Boss of the Sciences by divine mandate.
And the rotten old daughter of a skunk fetus and a rabid python gives me a 4/5.
AAAAAARRGGGH
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29005 on: October 31, 2013, 06:35:13 pm »

No his name is "my wife says".

:P

yeswegetityou'remarriedwhoopdedoo <3
You just jelly.
Normally, I would be.

But girlfriend.

But I miss her. :(

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29006 on: October 31, 2013, 06:37:49 pm »

Because I'm putting them up across an entire city. Takes a bit of doing, and as previously stated, the lights go on the the 15 of November, because that's when city council said that was when they went on. And we also started two weeks late.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #29007 on: October 31, 2013, 07:11:37 pm »

If you live in New York long enough, you see back to school supplies sales in June, Christmas stuff in Early October, Valentine's day in December, until you just don't, care, anymore.
No his name is "my wife says".

:P

yeswegetityou'remarriedwhoopdedoo <3
You just jelly.
Normally, I would be.

But girlfriend.

But I miss her. :(
Since I am alone and dressed as the Joker I feel it only fitting to laugh at this derangedly. Why are you apart again?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29008 on: October 31, 2013, 07:13:24 pm »

Since I am alone and dressed as the Joker I feel it only fitting to laugh at this derangedly. Why are you apart again?
I dunno, I could have sworn they got together less than a week ago.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #29009 on: October 31, 2013, 07:15:31 pm »

GF watching this ridiculous show on Netflix called Haven. I just cannot abide a show with stupid characters making stupid mistakes and generally just derping around making me gnaw on my own shoulders in frustration and vicarious embarrassment.

This guy, he's a policeman. Like with a gun and training? Oh yeah he also can't feel sensations because of some kind of disorder. One time nails get shot into his back and someone has to point them out to him. Anyway, he's in melee range with a Bad Guy who shoots him in the upper abdomen / lower pectoral area with a handgun. What do?

A: You can't feel anything, so you pull your gun and shoot the MF idiot.
B: You can't feel anything, so you use the villain's weapon you just pulled from the trunk and have in your hand and cap him with it.
C: You can't feel anything, so you walk up and use your training to disarm him of his pistol and shoot him with it.
D: You can't feel anything, so you walk up and fuckin' stab him in the eyeball with your fingers.
E: You can't feel anything, but you suck completely, so you walk up and flail at him with your arms until he runs out of bullets and you have knocked him out or he gave up and left.
F: You stand there like a jackass, stunned that you have been shot, and let him have his way with you.

Well I sure don't know what happens next folks because after he chose F I stood up and went to work early! I swear, I love this woman, but she insists on watching the worst crap.

And this isn't even abnormal! TV has largely become unwatchable. Ignoring the growing segment of pointless, valueless reality game shows, faux-reality pawn / bayou / hick / ghost hunter shows, talent shows, gutless moronic 24 hour news channels, insipid childrens' programming, half-hour ads for worthless garbage / snake oil / pyramid schemes / religion, and decrepit soap operas, you have little left. And of that, half is a tired rehash of something from years ago. If you do find something worth watching, there's 15 minutes of content for every 15 minutes of commercials. Even on the internet now!

Movies are not much better. How many dance movies do we really need? Enough with found footage horror movies set in haunted asylums filmed by teenagers! Damn it, people!

I'm sure it wasn't much better at any time in the past. I'm not saying there was some golden age. I'm saying it sucks now, is all.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic
Pages: 1 ... 1932 1933 [1934] 1935 1936 ... 3345