Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2044 2045 [2046] 2047 2048 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3442264 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Road Rules Edition
« Reply #30675 on: December 22, 2013, 01:22:43 pm »

Japa's avatar is making me rage, because I cannot figure out where it is from.
http://i.imgur.com/xcTS8No.jpg
It seems like you accidentally got the wrong part of that picture as your avatar.

Fixed.
Aaw, I like the previous one better.
Is it supposed to be buildings? Cause I saw boobs (and face) in that picture...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #30676 on: December 22, 2013, 03:59:06 pm »

Clearly you're not seeing the forest for the boobs.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #30677 on: December 22, 2013, 07:20:50 pm »

Go Christmas shopping with the wife, get bored because all we are doing is looking at clothes so I check my phone. She sees this, takes my facial expression as annoyance that she is still shopping, and gets pissy. Gets real quiet, walks fast, tells me to put "that thing" back. I assume this means the last gift in the cart, so I put it back and catch up to her. She then says "lets go" and she sees what is still in the cart and gets more irritated. Walk through register, pay, load up the car, get home. Find out she can't say anything to me (which would completely solve the problem, because we would be able to talk about it) but can vent on Facebook to anyone who cares to look.

I'm sorry, I don't buy clothes for people, because I don't want to get them something that they feign appreciation for and return to the store. I also don't buy everyone I know a whole bunch of gifts, because one: I'm poor as shit and two: the last 10 years I've either had at most 3 gifts that meant something, or was overseas and didn't get gifts and just worked like it was any other day.

I hate Christmas. Sometimes.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #30678 on: December 22, 2013, 07:26:33 pm »

I'm very glad the first thing I made my future-wife promise when we got serious was "always be honest and up front". We've never had a real argument and the more emotionally charged conversations get resolved soon after being stared.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #30679 on: December 22, 2013, 07:28:41 pm »

I'm personally in the Christmas is dumb camp.  I could write a pretty long rant full of reasons, but don't have time at the moment.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #30680 on: December 22, 2013, 07:29:26 pm »

I've told her I want to actually talk about stuff like this, face to face but she has issues with talking about feely stuff face to face. Past relationship issues caused it I guess.

Just bothers me she will refuse to talk to ME and instead vent to everyone on Facebook. Not much different than this I suppose...

on the plus side, she doesn't stay mad for long, and we usually resolve things without major arguments and fights, which we both hate because our parents both did that, and ended up divorced.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 07:31:06 pm by Lich180 »

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #30681 on: December 22, 2013, 07:31:54 pm »

That'll continue to cause problems until she can get over it. Unfortunately you can't really help her with it unless she talks to you intimately about her feelings face to face, which is precisely what it seems she's trying to avoid :P
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30682 on: December 22, 2013, 07:38:31 pm »

Yeah, it's always better to get these things out, even if it's not something you'll want to hear.

But if you were dragged out clothes shopping, can't really blame you  :P

I like Christmas.

At the very least, I get to eat some turkey. Then turkey curry and sammiches.
..turkey curry?

I have never heard of anyone eating turkey curry. Surely it's a waste of the more expensive meat?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #30683 on: December 22, 2013, 07:41:51 pm »

We do roast beef and Yorkshire pudding for Christmas. Thanksgiving is less excellent if you have it twice.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30684 on: December 22, 2013, 07:45:45 pm »

..turkey curry?

I have never heard of anyone eating turkey curry. Surely it's a waste of the more expensive meat?

Turkey curry is very nice, I can vouch for this.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #30685 on: December 22, 2013, 07:49:46 pm »

That feeling when you come back from an annoying visit home only to find that some jackass has plowed a parking lot's worth of snow into your space because it happened to be empty during the storm. I'm technically responsible for keeping my parking space clear of snow, but fuck this. I will not rest until the fucker responsible for putting it there is clearing it out, by shovel if need be.

EDIT: Oh, hey, yeah, and it's specifically illegal to do that in this city. So, there are legal consequences that will probably never be pursued because I don't own the property, but eh.

EDIT: Caught a plower from the same company, who was cleaning up that lot but said he wasn't the one who pushed the snow in. He said he would get it taken care of, but I'm guessing he just wanted to get rid of me - he also refused to give out a contact number, the name of the company he worked for, or any other useful information. I didn't get a very good look at his license plates either. At any rate, I've taken a picture and found the correct place to submit a complaint to the city, so I'll give this guy a day to be true to his word and then file the complaint.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 08:30:26 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #30686 on: December 23, 2013, 08:26:44 pm »

[xmas card]
The holidays are a joyous time of year, citizen, so please conform to the following:

1: You hate some people in your family and they are terrible people but you must treat them with benevolence regardless.

2: You will spend far more money on gifts than you receive each year, and of the gifts you receive at least 75% will go unused. You must do your part to maintain the enduring engine of the economy!

3: You must travel to perform the shopping ritual, which involves spending too much to receive too little, and competing with other citizens for this privilege. It may involve driving, if you are fortunate enough to be able to pay for a car.

4: Christmas music is the most beautiful music during the harsh months of winter. There are four Christmas songs; it is your duty as a citizen to listen to them until you want to die. You must do your part to carry these important pieces of our culture into the future!

5: Everyone will open one gift, and then another set of gifts will be distributed. The person who received the fewest gifts shall sit mute and smiling while everyone else continues to open theirs. The person who received the most gifts shall continue opening them in increasingly difficult-to-feign enjoyment.

6: At no time shall negativity be expressed, and at no time shall a smile fade in the presence of others. Your child may have committed suicide last Christmas but you are expected to radiate joy this Christmas. This is a cost-effective method for the State to maintain morale during the bleak winter months. You must do your part!

7: The food cooked may be bland and uninspiring, or else overcooked and greasy. You must consume sufficient calories to sustain an adequate body weight throughout the winter. Mother Nature may be at peace and rest during the winter, but as a citizen you will continue to work throughout all seasons of your lifespan.

8: You may be one of the few who escaped genetic evaluation at birth and/or have developed an allergy to pine later in life. Regardless of the amount of mucous you selfishly wish to expel, your family is expected to purchase and decorate an approved Holiday Tree. Secondary infections are no reason to shirk your responsibilities as a citizen!

9: Children are the future of our ever-productive society. They must experience joy when young and unformed so that when they begin their terrible lives as adults they have some memories awash with the golden light of nostalgia. While children may be horrible beasts to deal with, so frequently encrusted with filth and/or screaming and striking anything within reach and/or putting forth unreasonable demands, it is your duty as a citizen to cater to their every whim. Especially if you have not yet impregnated a woman or extruded a child of your own! Assisting parents so they may remain sane enough to not murder their brood is not your only civic duty, but also you must withstand continual assertions that you too must become a parent. You must do your part!

10: You will wish to sleep, on a couch or nearby snowbank. If not because you are exhausted and this is your first day off in months, but possibly to shirk your duties as a citizen. You shall be rightly castigated by your family, taunted until you wake to find that the children have written upon you with pens and the adults have captured your weakness with their cellular-phone cameras. These pictures will be automatically collected and added to your file.

The State Department of Culture would like to express that your obedience, though compulsory, is noted with approval.
[/xmas card]
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30687 on: December 23, 2013, 09:01:00 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Rage thread? But it's such ridiculous satire! Or did it hit too close to home?

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #30688 on: December 23, 2013, 11:02:13 pm »

GAHHHHHHHh

Steam Flash sale for Skyrim Legendary Edition for the next 6 hours. 66% off.

I didn't put my 30 bucks in the bank earlier, and its 11 now. So no opportunities to deposit said munnies before sale cuts off :(
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30689 on: December 23, 2013, 11:10:23 pm »

[xmas card]
The holidays are a joyous time of year, citizen, so please conform to the following:

1: You hate some people in your family and they are terrible people but you must treat them with benevolence regardless.

2: You will spend far more money on gifts than you receive each year, and of the gifts you receive at least 75% will go unused. You must do your part to maintain the enduring engine of the economy!

3: You must travel to perform the shopping ritual, which involves spending too much to receive too little, and competing with other citizens for this privilege. It may involve driving, if you are fortunate enough to be able to pay for a car.

4: Christmas music is the most beautiful music during the harsh months of winter. There are four Christmas songs; it is your duty as a citizen to listen to them until you want to die. You must do your part to carry these important pieces of our culture into the future!

5: Everyone will open one gift, and then another set of gifts will be distributed. The person who received the fewest gifts shall sit mute and smiling while everyone else continues to open theirs. The person who received the most gifts shall continue opening them in increasingly difficult-to-feign enjoyment.

6: At no time shall negativity be expressed, and at no time shall a smile fade in the presence of others. Your child may have committed suicide last Christmas but you are expected to radiate joy this Christmas. This is a cost-effective method for the State to maintain morale during the bleak winter months. You must do your part!

7: The food cooked may be bland and uninspiring, or else overcooked and greasy. You must consume sufficient calories to sustain an adequate body weight throughout the winter. Mother Nature may be at peace and rest during the winter, but as a citizen you will continue to work throughout all seasons of your lifespan.

8: You may be one of the few who escaped genetic evaluation at birth and/or have developed an allergy to pine later in life. Regardless of the amount of mucous you selfishly wish to expel, your family is expected to purchase and decorate an approved Holiday Tree. Secondary infections are no reason to shirk your responsibilities as a citizen!

9: Children are the future of our ever-productive society. They must experience joy when young and unformed so that when they begin their terrible lives as adults they have some memories awash with the golden light of nostalgia. While children may be horrible beasts to deal with, so frequently encrusted with filth and/or screaming and striking anything within reach and/or putting forth unreasonable demands, it is your duty as a citizen to cater to their every whim. Especially if you have not yet impregnated a woman or extruded a child of your own! Assisting parents so they may remain sane enough to not murder their brood is not your only civic duty, but also you must withstand continual assertions that you too must become a parent. You must do your part!

10: You will wish to sleep, on a couch or nearby snowbank. If not because you are exhausted and this is your first day off in months, but possibly to shirk your duties as a citizen. You shall be rightly castigated by your family, taunted until you wake to find that the children have written upon you with pens and the adults have captured your weakness with their cellular-phone cameras. These pictures will be automatically collected and added to your file.

The State Department of Culture would like to express that your obedience, though compulsory, is noted with approval.
[/xmas card]
This is wonderful.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 2044 2045 [2046] 2047 2048 ... 3345