Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2045 2046 [2047] 2048 2049 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3438528 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Road Rules Edition
« Reply #30690 on: December 23, 2013, 11:40:59 pm »

1. We don't do that. I have a rather blunt family.
2. We don't do that either. We rarely buy gifts for each other because we can get each other gifts whenever we want. We do not let a Christian tradition force us to do so.
3. My mother in particular HATES Black Friday and all that bullshit, and very rarely do we get gifts this time of year.
4. Fuck Christmas music. Seriously. It's fucking shit. Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer is about how it's okay to be a fucking shit to people until they are famous then you have to suck their dick and change your tune instantly. 12 Days of Christmas is all about how materialism. Jingle Bells is fucking stupid. No one has ridden in a one horse open sleigh for Christmas outside of Amish communities in probably sixty years.
5. When we do get gifts, we get everyone an equal amount.
6. I talk about how much I hate Christmas pretty often. Like right now.
7. My parents are good cooks. :P So am I.
8. We did not and do not buy Christmas trees. We have a fake one in a storage shed somewhere that hasn't seen the light of day since I was twelve.
9. I am okay with dealing with other people's children, but when people tell me I have to have kids, I get pretty irate. No, fuck you, I don't want kids yet. Maybe one day.
10. We have a rule. "If their shoes are on, it's fair game. If their shoes are off, DO NOT FUCK WITH THEM.

It is a delightful commentary on Christmas though.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #30691 on: December 23, 2013, 11:50:52 pm »

Fuckin Pokemon why won't you let me save just 'cause I have another game in the slot grumble grumble
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #30692 on: December 24, 2013, 02:01:10 am »

It warms my heart to read shit from a bunch of fucking scrooges just like myself.  The only thing I like about Christmas is my uncle tends to visit.

*reviews the language and tone of previous post*  Heh... World's End has me feeling a bit rowdy... Damnit I have to be up in 5 hours, and I don't want to sleep after watching that.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 02:04:23 am by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #30693 on: December 24, 2013, 02:05:36 am »

Over the years, I got half the family on board with cash exchange. It's only a matter of time before all this elaborate gift-giving nonsense is a matter of the past, and we just agree to keep an eye out over the course of the year for stuff other family members have mentioned wanting, with no particular sense of obligation or urgency one way or the other. Then it'll just be a gathering of family to eat delicious food and relax in the warm glow of a television set, and the laughter of children.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #30694 on: December 24, 2013, 04:16:56 am »

[xmas card]
4: Christmas music is the most beautiful music during the harsh months of winter. There are four Christmas songs; it is your duty as a citizen to listen to them until you want to die. You must do your part to carry these important pieces of our culture into the future!
[/xmas card]
A particular pet peeve of mine is people complaining about Christmas music. Yes, there are only a few frequently played songs; this is what happens when you take a Christian holiday and refuse to play any Christian music. There are some really awesome carols out there, which no-one ever listens to!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #30695 on: December 24, 2013, 04:48:00 am »

Having to listen to Christian music on the radio 24/7 would be even worse o.O

Unless it's Skillet or something...

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30696 on: December 24, 2013, 05:10:30 am »

[xmas card]
4: Christmas music is the most beautiful music during the harsh months of winter. There are four Christmas songs; it is your duty as a citizen to listen to them until you want to die. You must do your part to carry these important pieces of our culture into the future!
[/xmas card]
A particular pet peeve of mine is people complaining about Christmas music. Yes, there are only a few frequently played songs; this is what happens when you take a Christian holiday and refuse to play any Christian music. There are some really awesome carols out there, which no-one ever listens to!
You know that music isn't a finite resource right? People could just write more, or associate a wider range of music with Christmas (Or Yuletide, or maybe just winter in general, I'm really not fussy).
But instead they just play the same ones over and over and over. And Christmas carols just remind me of people begging for money by assaulting me with out-of-tune wailing.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #30697 on: December 24, 2013, 05:37:56 am »

I bet a Bay12 Christmas would be glorious.
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #30698 on: December 24, 2013, 06:35:50 am »

You know that music isn't a finite resource right? People could just write more, or associate a wider range of music with Christmas (Or Yuletide, or maybe just winter in general, I'm really not fussy).
But instead they just play the same ones over and over and over. And Christmas carols just remind me of people begging for money by assaulting me with out-of-tune wailing.

There have been attempts to write new christmas songs, none of them really catch on though. I think most people are just happy listening to the same ones over and over.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #30699 on: December 24, 2013, 06:44:28 am »

As usual, XKCD has an answer ready for you:
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30700 on: December 24, 2013, 07:25:50 am »

Go see a Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert and then tell me Christmas/Winter music sucks :P

Alternatively, the Chicago 25 album. It's really damn good.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #30701 on: December 24, 2013, 07:42:34 am »

Now now, it's not that christmas music sucks, it's that the idiots running radio/TV stations and the bastards running marketing seem unable to deviate from the norm in any meaningful or lasting way, so you hear the same things over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over (ad rageam*) again.

Which, for some of us, is like being in a little circle of hell. I need variation in my music or I start muting and/or breaking things and/or going (more) batshit insane, personally.

*It's never too early in the morning to horrifically butcher non-latin.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #30702 on: December 24, 2013, 07:45:47 am »

I think XKCD hits it dead-on, though.  It's all about nostalgia for the largest demographic.  My mom LOVES those same Christmas songs over and over and over again, and that seems to be pretty common among people her age or older.  Pleasing them isn't really stupid marketing.  It just sucks for the rest of us.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30703 on: December 24, 2013, 07:48:23 am »

Now now, it's not that christmas music sucks, it's that the idiots running radio/TV stations and the bastards running marketing seem unable to deviate from the norm in any meaningful or lasting way, so you hear the same things over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over (ad rageam*) again.

Which, for some of us, is like being in a little circle of hell. I need variation in my music or I start muting and/or breaking things and/or going (more) batshit insane, personally.

*It's never too early in the morning to horrifically butcher non-latin.
Eh, I guess that's true. I don't listen to the radio much nowadays (since I go through several different coverage areas daily and can't be assed to continually change stations), but I know the station I listen to at home plays Christmas music only occasionally and otherwise mostly sticks to its regular lineup.

Seriously though, go see TSO, they're amazing.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #30704 on: December 24, 2013, 10:38:31 am »

I was going to respond, but then I realised other people did for me, but better!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 2045 2046 [2047] 2048 2049 ... 3345