Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2046 2047 [2048] 2049 2050 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3383137 times)

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Road Rules Edition
« Reply #30705 on: December 24, 2013, 02:36:40 pm »

I realized about a year ago that the Christmas songs that hit my nostalgia strings the hardest are the songs that my parents were playing when I was young, and since my parents tended to pick up cassettes of newer artists at the time, the one that I always tend to come back to is Amy Grant's A Christmas Album and Home for Christmas. Albums that I always come back to musically are the Christmas albums from Mercy Me, Jars of Clay and Third Day since I do quite enjoy their arrangements.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30706 on: December 24, 2013, 04:11:08 pm »

"Go clean up the shit outside."

Alright, fine. I went to get a gardening trowel only to find that it was sitting in a bucket that was filled to the brim with ice. So I took a shovel and tried to use that instead. Though shovels are too large to really use to clean up after dogs. Especially when the dog waste is encased under almost an inch of ice. So I go looking around the garage for anything I could use instead, such as an ice pick or something.

Then I got yelled at. It turns out he didn't want me to clean up after the dogs. He wanted me to de-ice all the furniture outside, since everything is still iced over from the storm a few days ago.

He shouldn't have said "Go clean up the shit outside" then. How was I supposed to know "shit" meant furniture?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30707 on: December 24, 2013, 04:36:24 pm »

Not pure rage, more annoyance.

Haven't left the house for two days now (atleast not any long leaves, did take out the trash), haven't seen anyone either. Don't feel like putting up with people right now, too tired for that stuff, plus the whole holiday cheer shit is really grating on my nerves this year, not sure why.

This all of course is seen by my parents as a sign that something is wrong with me, "oh go outside, it's a wonderful day" , "oh why aren't you socializing more?" , "oh get off the damn computer your eyes are going to rot! (while they at the same time spend as much time in front of a much shittier TV)" .
It's gotten to the point of me acting as an asshole just to get them off my back, If I wanted to hang out with people, I would, if I wanted to go out, I would, but it seems to them that this isn't normal at all, that there's something wrong with me.
Well fuck that, I have every damn right to seclusion because people are shit (even the good ones) and I don't want to be mired in shit all the fucking time, leave me be just this once for fucks sake.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30708 on: December 24, 2013, 05:21:59 pm »

I think this year I'll be joining the Christmas-hating crowd.
I used to be fairly ambivalent about it. Sure, it didn't make a whole lot of sense, was a ridiculously commercial excuse for a holiday and all the Christmas cheer and decorations on sale were annoying, but... I don't know, maybe I convinced myself that people having 'fun' was enough of a redeeming quality?

But Christmas this year has been stressful as heck, perhaps because I'm spending it away from home and yet am still expected to participate in it all. I mean, seriously- I didn't ask for anything, wasn't expecting anything, yet all of a sudden I see something with my name on it under the tree. Yes, people who aren't even related to me decided to buy me gifts for some reason.
Gee, thanks guys, I'm really feeling the Christmas Cheer now- if by Christmas cheer you mean gut-churning guilt and stress. I don't have the money to by everyone and their dog a goddamn Christmas present!

Might have to convert to some weird-ass religion so I can get out of this BS in future. Ugh.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #30709 on: December 24, 2013, 05:25:58 pm »

I gave up on trying to reciprocate out of state gifts. Gifts are for my immediate family and those present at Christmas. Drastically simplifies things.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #30710 on: December 24, 2013, 05:34:23 pm »

"oh get off the damn computer your eyes are going to rot! (while they at the same time spend as much time in front of a much shittier TV)" .

This one always amuses me.  I've heard many times about how crazy it is that I work in front of a computer and then I go home and spend more time in front of a computer.  This is always from people who mostly go home and watch tv.  As if that's not just another screen, except a far less interactive one.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30711 on: December 24, 2013, 05:59:16 pm »

I don't know about that, man... it might make you faster at processing what you see, but in the same way as reading a book playing for extended periods can strain your eyes.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #30712 on: December 24, 2013, 06:06:07 pm »

I don't know about that, man... it might make you faster at processing what you see, but in the same way as reading a book playing for extended periods can strain your eyes.
I have experience with this (in fairness, reading for 20 hours straight wasn't a really good idea).
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #30713 on: December 24, 2013, 06:42:31 pm »

Well, yeah. Playing for an extended period of time is gonna make your vision screwy, alongside the tiredness and stuff.

Everything in moderation.
Moderation, however, must be in excess.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #30714 on: December 24, 2013, 07:11:29 pm »

I gave up on trying to reciprocate out of state gifts. Gifts are for my immediate family and those present at Christmas. Drastically simplifies things.
That's always how it's been for my family so I generally feel pretty detached from the discussions on here about how pointless it is. I just end up enjoying thinking up things to give to my friends.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30715 on: December 24, 2013, 07:26:40 pm »

Fuck doctors with the force of one thousand suns. I've not been ill for eight years--nothing worse than sniffles that I barely even noticed. I let my GP talk me into a flu shot, and big fucking surprise, a few days later I wake up at 6 AM, vomit eight times between then and noon, and feel drawn out and broken for the rest of the day. The only way for bugs to beat my immune system is direct injection into the bloodstream by medical staff, it seems. Fuck doctors, I'm almost at the point of not taking the typhoid meds before I go abroad this summer from sheer lack of trust.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30716 on: December 24, 2013, 07:29:20 pm »

Fuck you, potholes, for destroying one of my tires and costing me probably upward of $200. Fucking road.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30717 on: December 24, 2013, 07:29:44 pm »

I'm almost at the point of not taking the typhoid meds before I go abroad this summer from sheer lack of trust.
This is a very, very bad plan.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30718 on: December 24, 2013, 07:38:17 pm »

I'm almost at the point of not taking the typhoid meds before I go abroad this summer from sheer lack of trust.
This is a very, very bad plan.
Don't worry, I've not quite arrived at the level of institution mistrust required for me to willingly risk typhoid infection.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #30719 on: December 24, 2013, 07:51:20 pm »

No, sure go ahead and do it! Fuck doctors! Darwin would have wanted it like this

(/sarcasm mode off)
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 2046 2047 [2048] 2049 2050 ... 3345