Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2049 2050 [2051] 2052 2053 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3382842 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Road Rules Edition
« Reply #30750 on: December 26, 2013, 12:51:55 am »

I'd just nuke the preinstalled OS and install a ripped off windows 7 or Linux.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30751 on: December 26, 2013, 01:07:31 am »

I'd totally go pure Linux if it I had a deeper knowledge of how to use it. But for now it just seems like I'd be losing too much. Besides, the new laptop has an Nvidia card and from my experience, Nvidia isn't very Linux friendly.

As for using a ripped version of 7, it's tempting, and I probably wouldn't have much guilt over it considering the circumstances, but I have very little experience with that stuff.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #30752 on: December 26, 2013, 01:42:09 am »

My mom's Android phone has decided to stop letting anyone from installing programs. The internal storage for apps (1 GB) has been filled up, and uninstalling apps doesn't open it up enough to install apps that can fix the too many apps problem.

I'm planning on backing up all her personal information, and resetting the phone, followed by a root to remove bloatware. >_>

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #30753 on: December 26, 2013, 02:32:44 am »

Got 3DS with digital download for Link Between Worlds for Christmas; all Nintendo servers are down all day.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #30754 on: December 26, 2013, 02:39:10 am »

My mom's Android phone has decided to stop letting anyone from installing programs. The internal storage for apps (1 GB) has been filled up, and uninstalling apps doesn't open it up enough to install apps that can fix the too many apps problem.

I'm planning on backing up all her personal information, and resetting the phone, followed by a root to remove bloatware. >_>
Good god, 1gb for apps?!?

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #30755 on: December 26, 2013, 02:41:16 am »

... Not sure if excessive, or normally insufficient.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #30756 on: December 26, 2013, 02:44:28 am »

... Not sure if excessive, or normally insufficient.
Immensely insufficient, you would be doing tons of micromanagement to keep your data from filling up that space. I hate it when companies decide to partition the already small storage size to bits and pieces all over the silicon.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #30757 on: December 26, 2013, 02:49:30 am »

Yeah, the total internal memory is a lot more than that, but only 1 GB is allocated for apps. The worst part is that most apps aren't allowed to live on the other partition, unless the app developer specifically coded that functionality. And many don't. :/

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #30758 on: December 26, 2013, 03:00:00 am »

the total internal memory is a lot more than that, but only 1 GB is allocated for apps.

WHY

Is the mistrust of hardware developers in their customer base this bad?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #30759 on: December 26, 2013, 06:32:48 am »

Ugh, like 80% of the applications don't support the "move to phone memory" option, meaning nearly every large application with all its saved data has to be on the limited 1 GB internal memory. ._.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30760 on: December 26, 2013, 06:34:04 am »

the final solution to the app question is to throw the device hosting them into a fire write your own apps

write every single app singlehandedly

the other goes behind your back fyi

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #30761 on: December 26, 2013, 06:41:41 am »

This is really irking me now. ._. I have around 100 MB of app storage open, but google play store insists I don't have enough room to download a ~ 1 MB app that should let me able to experiment with removing bloatware. This is annoying to the max

edit: screw partitions -_- My own Android phone has no partitions, so I can use all 16 GB of internal memory as I see fit, be it apps or images or videos. My mom's phone has 1 GB allocated for apps and 12 GB allocated for media. This means that 12 GB of perfectly fine space is going to waste just because I can't make it install apps on the media partition rather than the app partition, which is at 900 MB and nearly full.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 07:01:38 am by Skyrunner »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30762 on: December 26, 2013, 06:43:56 am »

must be some other memory that's fucking up then. temporary storage on your browser? it might be limited for some reason.

i've only used an android for three months before the battery exploded and came very close to giving me rather potent burns so i might not be able to help you much, google might be better a choice

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30763 on: December 26, 2013, 07:57:58 am »

Someone explain it to me, why am I still playing this 2D cartoon MOBA again... (Awesomenauts)

When every single match that I play these days ends up in my already wrecked nerves breaking down because of godawful teammates (or lack thereof), joining a game that's already been lost or going up against some of the game's top players (matchmaking, you say?).

One does not simply make a casual MOBA game. That's just straight up impossible. At least none of the MOBAs that I tried were like this.
This is the most rage-inducing game genre these days.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #30764 on: December 26, 2013, 08:41:11 am »

I have that problem with my Galaxy Mini too, Sky. Can't install ANYTHING on it, it'll just say "not enough space", even though there's plenty of space.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 2049 2050 [2051] 2052 2053 ... 3345