Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2050 2051 [2052] 2053 2054 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3382297 times)

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Road Rules Edition
« Reply #30765 on: December 26, 2013, 01:44:56 pm »

One does not simply make a casual MOBA game. That's just straight up impossible. At least none of the MOBAs that I tried were like this.
One map with one lane, one hero type, one gear tree, auto-attack when in range, no respawn delay or penalty.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #30766 on: December 26, 2013, 01:51:39 pm »

Infinity Blade 3 is pretty fun, which makes it worse when it crashes constantly and takes forever to start up. This is what you get for not optimizing your game for the system, Chair.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #30767 on: December 26, 2013, 02:07:31 pm »

What I hate the most about Windows 8 is the whole UEFI bullshit. You cannot disable UEFI without removing Windows 8, and UEFI makes it hell to partition the hard disk in order to have a functional Ubuntu partition.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #30768 on: December 26, 2013, 02:11:43 pm »

You first mistake was hoping that Windows would be useful to you.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #30769 on: December 26, 2013, 02:16:19 pm »

One does not simply make a casual MOBA game. That's just straight up impossible. At least none of the MOBAs that I tried were like this.
One map with one lane, one hero type, one gear tree, auto-attack when in range, no respawn delay or penalty.
Not casual enough. You can still gain advantage by moving together in one singe hero-blob.
._.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #30770 on: December 26, 2013, 02:34:43 pm »

Yeah teamwork is OP. Better make it a coop game vs. shabby AI only. Everyone wins! (Except poor Computer)
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #30771 on: December 26, 2013, 03:04:01 pm »

Honestly, I'd be pretty down with some more hero survival ripoffs to go with the AoS ripoffs. I liked me some Enfos, be nice to see what someone could do with something less crippled more modern than the WC3 engine. Fairly sure they've got some FPS stuff like that, actually, but I do like me that top-down(ish) pseudo-RTS.

Not that they'd actually do anything beyond what WC3 was capable of, if the stand alone AoS riffs have been any indication, of course. Closest I've seen to actual innovation beyond what the WC3 custom maps managed has been Awesomenauts, I think, and that only because it's sidescrolling instead of top down.

S'like... c'mon, people. You've had over a decade now. You can do this! You can actually beat a hobbyist created custom scenario made for a turn of the century game engine! Right? ... right?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #30772 on: December 26, 2013, 04:16:21 pm »

So, my co-residents seem to be trying to screw me over and arrange a congress-and-courses calendar from which I'm excluded.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #30773 on: December 26, 2013, 05:06:13 pm »

So, my wife recently got a name change and we got most things updated without a hitch.

Except the health insurance.

We've called them and argued with them ~4 times now. Last time they even said to us that the name was updated. Today we go to the pharmacy and they're like "nope, the insurance still has her under her old name, and since the prescription is written out to the new name, we can't do squat."

RAAAAAGE

(the pharmacist was really nice and helpful though and should probably get a raise)
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #30774 on: December 26, 2013, 08:02:43 pm »

Yeah, I would have advised you to wait for a period in which name usage is not often needed to do that, or just ignore it altogether. Name changing is notoriously hard to work through.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

lue

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:missing right bracket
    • View Profile
« Reply #30775 on: December 26, 2013, 10:31:27 pm »

Apparently Thunderbird is the only application in the world that refuses to offer any way to change the display of timestamps, instead relying on the system's locale info. Which means I'd have to write a custom variant of the en_US.UTF-8 locale, just for LC_TIME.

All because those idiots can't make a zarking [ ] Display in 24-hour format option.

I'm tempted to file a bug report for this feature, just to be belligerent.

EDIT: I just found an add-on that's almost perfect (would prefer if Today's emails didn't have the date). That shows the one thing I don't like about Thunderbird: not-at-all-unreasonable features (change date format, minimize to tray) are left out in favor of "Eh, there'll be an add-on that does it. What's the big deal?".
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 10:38:54 pm by lue »
Post not guaranteed accurate or pristine for all of time.
Sigtext. Enticing, yes? If you do not know where things I have "sigged" go, this page will explain.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30776 on: December 26, 2013, 11:01:43 pm »

My father is trying to use me to make political hay against my mother.  They're married.  They've been married for 26 years.  He should know better than this.

"This is my world!  I'm caught between my wife and my crazy sister!"

What, because my mom asks him to defend her instead of just letting the sister steamroll her?  You're asking me to take your side?  No dad, I don't need you that bad that I'll be immoral in order to ~further our relationship~.  You talk to my mom alone.  She's not that scary.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #30777 on: December 27, 2013, 12:57:06 am »

My father is trying to use me to make political hay against my mother.  They're married.  They've been married for 26 years.  He should know better than this.

"This is my world!  I'm caught between my wife and my crazy sister!"

What, because my mom asks him to defend her instead of just letting the sister steamroll her?  You're asking me to take your side?  No dad, I don't need you that bad that I'll be immoral in order to ~further our relationship~.  You talk to my mom alone.  She's not that scary.
-snip-

Was a bit rude.

Doctus

• Bay Watcher
  • 黄昏よりも昏きもの…
    • View Profile
« Reply #30778 on: December 27, 2013, 01:48:45 am »

Yeah, I would have advised you to wait for a period in which name usage is not often needed to do that

We did; we've given them four full months  :-[

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30779 on: December 27, 2013, 11:42:34 am »

Somebody spraypainted graffiti across the back of the library. I want to beat the living hell out of whoever did that.

Fortunately, the library does have security cameras, and hopefully one of them was pointed at that spot, or at least near enough to identify them.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 2050 2051 [2052] 2053 2054 ... 3345