Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2087 2088 [2089] 2090 2091 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3425976 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Sex-y Edition
« Reply #31320 on: January 10, 2014, 08:17:53 am »

Arrrgh I have an inexplicable headache that has been bugging me all day. Not something I want to deal with when going out.

Don't worry guys, I cured it with alcohol! :))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #31321 on: January 10, 2014, 01:56:21 pm »

Small Rage:
I wanted to play some games today, as it's probably the last day I'll be able to for a week.
-snip-
Sounds like these people are used to pushing you around and enjoy the feeling of superiority they get from being able to force you to do what they want. Maybe not consciously, but it's there.

Any kind of schedule for guaranteed blocks of time for each person is just going to screw you over: you will end up getting shafted as other people nudge into your time (especially your Mom's "Oh I just need to use it for a few minutes dear") and/or the schedule will get reinterpreted as "this is all the time Cmega3 gets on the computer all day, possibly including homework time" which is bullshit.

Ideally for you, you want as much time as possible.

It sounds like your family dynamics wouldn't allow for earnest talks with your mom on this issue. So you need to be underhanded to get what you want.

Specifically announce to the sister, so that the mom can hear, "Hey I'm going out of the house, if you want the computer you better use it now!" And when you return, find the sister and say "Hey did you get a chance to use the computer during the three hours we were out?" That way Mom will be less likely to side with her. It's clear that the sister had an opportunity and failed to take it. The next three hours are yours, mate.

I wouldn't go so far as taking a necessary cable so that the computer won't work, because if discovered, again, your power position is sub-optimal and you'd take heat for it. Similarly, changing the account password so nobody else can use the computer, and creating an admin account that only shows up in Safe Mode so you know you'll always be able to get in, would be overstepping your bounds. Editing certain files in the programs your sister likes to use, so that they no longer run and she has no reason to want to use the computer, is also problematic (although you could very well get away with it).

Then again, are you really objectively looking at how the situation works most of the time? Do you find that you get your way over your sister sometimes too? Mom is probably just trying to prevent war.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31322 on: January 10, 2014, 04:57:56 pm »

Little girls are, in my observation, very adept at exploiting "cute is adorable when it breaks the rules" to get what they want.

This observation has led me to be more mindful of my own behavioral reactions to attempted "cute" attacks. My refusal to permit such cute-excemptions from being permitted has more than once led to the appellation of "asshole" being applied to me.

-- really, I think it does children, litte girls included, a tremendous disservice to only selectively enforce rules. If something is important enough to make a rule for, it is important enough to properly enforce. It teaches them that rules only apply "sometimes", where "sometimes" is "when they can't get their way". Very undisciplined.

It leads to all kinds of trouble later.

I am sorry to hear that your parents allow their brains to be shut down by deadly waves of "adorable".

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #31323 on: January 10, 2014, 05:21:13 pm »

My dad is totally vulnerable to cute attacks from my sister. It's super effective!
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #31324 on: January 10, 2014, 06:14:04 pm »

Little girls are, in my observation, very adept at exploiting "cute is adorable when it breaks the rules" to get what they want.

This observation has led me to be more mindful of my own behavioral reactions to attempted "cute" attacks. My refusal to permit such cute-excemptions from being permitted has more than once led to the appellation of "asshole" being applied to me.

-- really, I think it does children, litte girls included, a tremendous disservice to only selectively enforce rules. If something is important enough to make a rule for, it is important enough to properly enforce. It teaches them that rules only apply "sometimes", where "sometimes" is "when they can't get their way". Very undisciplined.

It leads to all kinds of trouble later.

I am sorry to hear that your parents allow their brains to be shut down by deadly waves of "adorable".
My grandma and my mom were the kind that saw past all the BS routines any kid would exploit to get their way (I'm guilty of trying it a few times myself). As harsh our punishments were for trying to pull such things, I still have to thank them for enforcing such discipline. Not just me, but pretty much everyone else they've looked after as well. Knocks a hell of a lot of humility back into someone when they discover that there are some people that won't give into your bullshit just so you can get what you want all the time (and sometimes get a much necessary beating the more excessive the crime you pulled). Funny enough, I feel like I'm given that same level of respect from my nieces and nephews because I wouldn't let them get away with crap; though when I hear problems going on or any fighting, I disarm it ASAP and hear all sides to the story, and even 3rd parties/bystanders to get the full story, and figure it out. I guess this trait is evolving a bit.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 06:15:53 pm by Itnetlolor »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #31325 on: January 10, 2014, 06:21:16 pm »

EA's official modding policy on SimCity.

Let me sum it up for you:

1. No mods that change gameplay (!!) or affect multiplayer.
2. No mods that break the ESRB rating of the game (!!).
3. No modification of code.
4. Follow our EULA.
5. We reserve the right to ban you for using mods.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #31326 on: January 10, 2014, 06:25:50 pm »

It's hilarious that they do that for a game where there is no grand multiplayer competitiveness - I could see someone saying "Don't mod WoW to make newb monsters drop rares." But in Sim City is just plain doesn't matter.

Maybe they want to make sure nobody makes cooler things than they can make, which cuts out the possibility of DLC sales.

Or maybe their code is vulnerable and they don't want people able to attack each other.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #31327 on: January 10, 2014, 06:29:22 pm »

Their mod policy is basically "TEXTURES ONLY"... and they also quashed nude mods. Jeez, now nobody is going to make mods.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31328 on: January 10, 2014, 06:30:47 pm »

i'm still standing by the prediction that pirate servers will be available around august of this year, if not sooner

and just about everyone will switch to them and it will be beautiful

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #31329 on: January 10, 2014, 06:31:25 pm »

Their mod policy is basically "TEXTURES ONLY"... and they also quashed nude mods. Jeez, now nobody is going to make mods.

Or, you know, pirate the game and use whatever mods they please.

Also, HOW THE HELL does SimCity have NUDE MODS?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31330 on: January 10, 2014, 06:32:18 pm »

Why would SimCity need nude mods? Aren't the people so tiny that you wouldn't be able to see anything anyway?

Sorta-ninja'd
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31331 on: January 10, 2014, 06:33:40 pm »

i'm still standing by the prediction that pirate servers will be available around august of this year, if not sooner

Even if pirate servers are available, why would you want to play a game that is fundamentally broken? Play SimCity 4, guys.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31332 on: January 10, 2014, 06:34:45 pm »

Even if pirate servers are available, why would you want to play a game that is fundamentally broken? Play SimCity 4, guys.

because there was literally zero reaction when i asked if someone'd want to start a bay12 sc4 region

i mean we had one already and it was nice? where does the problem lay

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #31333 on: January 10, 2014, 06:34:56 pm »

Then someone will kludge an MMO variant with huge sprawling landscapes full of buildable areas. Another will finally optimize the game. EA will file a lawsuit and get some kind of injunction to stop it - but the servers will be located in the Christmas Islands or Nauru or something. The members of the board will grumble and proclaim that if only there were better DRM this would never have happened.

Sims 4 will require an always-on intravenous USB "security dongle".
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31334 on: January 10, 2014, 06:35:57 pm »

Sim City 3000 4 lyfe
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 2087 2088 [2089] 2090 2091 ... 3345