Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2090 2091 [2092] 2093 2094 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3426886 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Sex-y Edition
« Reply #31365 on: January 11, 2014, 09:13:38 am »

I think the idea is also that you don't have to make one "better" than the other. Sexism just requires ascribing to the idea that sex is a sufficient determinant of the roles somebody will play in society, I think.

'Being male shouldn't hamper my ability to birth children.' -_-
We're working on that one, I think.

On a side note, research has shown that GTA and other such over the top games have surprisingly little effect on behavior of human beings, because they're so over the top. Which, supposedly, makes it harder to relate and adopt said behavior. More realistic depictions can have a far larger influence.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #31366 on: January 11, 2014, 11:15:43 am »

I think the idea is also that you don't have to make one "better" than the other. Sexism just requires ascribing to the idea that sex is a sufficient determinant of the roles somebody will play in society, I think.

'Being male shouldn't hamper my ability to birth children.' -_-
Fair enough. "...of the roles somebody will play in society, other than those derived directly from anatomy, I think."
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #31367 on: January 11, 2014, 11:49:11 am »

We're working on that one, I think.
Yup. I'd be terribly surprised if we didn't have the capability to do so fairly easily in my lifetime (say, within next 30-40 years), if not necessarily the ready infrastructure et al to do it. Last I looked at it, we were already pretty close a few years back. The parts of medical science not in a corporate circle jerk reinventing the same pills are doing some pretty impressive stuff, really...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31368 on: January 11, 2014, 12:12:05 pm »

You can implant a fertilized egg in a man's abdominal wall and it'll stick and start to grow.

Big problem is how do you get it out later.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31369 on: January 11, 2014, 12:14:04 pm »

Do men grow a placenta to support the embryo more than a few days?

???
This is a blank sig.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31370 on: January 11, 2014, 12:17:02 pm »

IIRC no, but can't we make artificial placentas these days?

* kaijyuu is going on vague memories, and isn't certain at all.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #31371 on: January 11, 2014, 12:41:46 pm »

You can implant a fertilized egg in a man's abdominal wall and it'll stick and start to grow.

Big problem is how do you get it out later.
Sounds like way better torture than waterboarding.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #31372 on: January 11, 2014, 03:07:17 pm »

All of my fences on the bottom and right sides have decided to run off my desktop. Resetting the resolution does absolutely nothing to help, and I have no clue how to get them back where they should be.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #31373 on: January 11, 2014, 03:36:43 pm »

I want to get back to my Sims 3 LP, but my brain KEEPS going 'naaaaaaaaah', or when I feel like doing it, I can't because I'm busy.

Re-read the LP. You know which one.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31374 on: January 11, 2014, 03:54:16 pm »

Getting yelled at to set up my room, even though the floor and the walls are not even done. They always complained that I don't hang around them and now they want me to go back to sitting in my room. As much as I want to be able to sleep in my own bed instead of the couch, I don't want to sleep in a cold, damp, dirty basement.

My mom took my laptop off of me to do her banking on it.

There was a flood in the basement, in the furnace room. No idea how that happened, but thankfully it didn't touch anything electrical.

E:Cleaning up dog shit and clearing fallen tree branches in the rain with no coat. How fun.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 04:46:37 pm by BlackFlyme »

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31375 on: January 11, 2014, 04:56:07 pm »

What the hell happened to Answers.com? Sure, the stuff I just read (in a different question) was informative but why did I have to read three paragraphs in 15 word chunks backed by irrelevant stock images. I half expected cyborg woman with corn to show up.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31376 on: January 11, 2014, 07:05:07 pm »

There's too much sodium in everything. ಠ_ಠ

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31377 on: January 11, 2014, 07:10:20 pm »

It's how cheap foods manufacturers make their shit taste better.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31378 on: January 11, 2014, 08:07:00 pm »

It's how cheap foods manufacturers make their shit taste better.
That, or processed sugars.

Belt burned out on the washing machine. Spent close to two hours bailing water out and wringing everything out so I could dry it, so that I can pack it to get back to uni, so that I can wash it there.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31379 on: January 11, 2014, 09:48:19 pm »

Silly silly... Just use a waterhose and siphon it out. :D

(Ducks for cover)
Pages: 1 ... 2090 2091 [2092] 2093 2094 ... 3345