Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2180 2181 [2182] 2183 2184 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3413633 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: SON OF A BROWSER! Edition
« Reply #32715 on: February 17, 2014, 06:35:05 pm »

Goddammit Candy Crush.

If it's any consolation, they'll be where Zygna is now in two to three years. That probably won't phase the profiteers who run it, but at least their name won't go on forever.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32716 on: February 17, 2014, 06:37:27 pm »

Goddammit Candy Crush.
Expecting big mobile developers not to be scum? This is the kind of thing we're supposed to accept by now. Throwing around money and legal power to shit on everyone else and scrape some profit from a sub-market of apps before they go under.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #32717 on: February 17, 2014, 10:24:52 pm »

Goddammit Candy Crush.
...Now I hate it even more. Wow that's...that's just evil of them to do that.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32718 on: February 17, 2014, 10:31:37 pm »

Goddammit Candy Crush.
...Now I hate it even more. Wow that's...that's just evil of them to do that.

So Candy Swipe copied Bejeweled two years earlier?  For the life of me I'm not sure how I feel.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #32719 on: February 17, 2014, 10:37:22 pm »

Everyone should research when Bejeweled was created and why. xD

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32720 on: February 17, 2014, 10:38:45 pm »

My project partners are really pissing me off.

I've been getting angry texts about the powerpoint not being done yet. The project isn't even due for another two weeks, and all there is to it is the powerpoint and talking.

So whatever, I'm working on it now. I asked them to send me all the work that they have done. What do I get? Five pictures and blank text documents.

The pictures are selfies and fast food places. E: One of them is of Disney princesses.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #32721 on: February 17, 2014, 10:42:14 pm »

... have y'asked the teacher for suggestions on how to deal with it? Might be time to do that.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32722 on: February 17, 2014, 11:14:15 pm »

... have y'asked the teacher for suggestions on how to deal with it? Might be time to do that.

The teacher doesn't even know what we are doing yet, and I'm not 100% certain that she would let us do it if she knew what our presentation was.

But I will be bringing it to her attention next time I see her.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32723 on: February 18, 2014, 03:12:33 am »

So Candy Swipe copied Bejeweled two years earlier?  For the life of me I'm not sure how I feel.

They're similar mechanics, but they really aren't the same thing.  Candy Crush is an actual exact copy.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #32724 on: February 18, 2014, 05:47:30 am »

Today, the registration for the next semester's classes began at my university. They are mandatory.

Biochemistry scheduled their seminars and their lectures for Biochemistry students (fortunately not me) at the exact same time. Literally, same day, same hours.

*slowclap*
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32725 on: February 18, 2014, 08:39:07 am »

The cats kept me awake again all night last night.  I'm seriously at wits' end on what to do with them.  They are bent on not letting me sleep, and I don't get enough as it is.

If I let them in the bedroom at night, sometimes they'll settle down and go to sleep at my feet after 30 minutes or so of the loudest cleaning of themselves that is humanly imaginable.  Or, you know, sometimes they'll play with the draw strings on the curtains and make 100x more noise than you ever thought was possible with playing with the draw strings of a curtain.  Or, failing that, one will want to poke me in the face while I try to go to sleep, or her brother, who has had a terrible cold for about 6 months and is unlikely to ever recover from it, will want to sleep in my face and snore louder than a bear while occasionally sneezing on me and leaving boogers harder than cement on my bed sheets.  They also seem to have a talent for waiting for me to almost go to sleep before they start doing annoying noisy stuff.  Over, and over, and over again.

If I don't let them in the bedroom at night, the one who pokes me in the face will sit at the door and whine all night long, and often times scratch her claws on the door.  This is even louder than playing with the draw strings of the curtains, so I have to let her in or I have 0% chance of sleeping.  There is literally nowhere inside the house I can lock her where she can't make enough noise to raise the dead and keep me awake.

Last night I had to finally give in and lock her in our connected storage room which thankfully is surprisingly noise proof.  After I then booted her brother out for snoring louder than a chainsaw, I finally got my 2.5 hours of remaining sleep (about 3.5 total).

I really don't want to have to do that every night.  Especially on the really cold nights.  It's pretty mean to the cats, but seriously you little jerks... I WANT TO GET SOME SLEEP.

Maybe I'll just have to send them back to live with my parents.  I hate to do that almost as much, because during the day they're actually pretty good cats...
Through pain, I find wisdom.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32726 on: February 18, 2014, 10:38:14 am »

I know those feels. Luckily my cats generally don't mess with my face. But the cleaning...oh yeah I know that. The refusal to just lay down and sit still? That too.

Often I find that when my cats won't go to sleep, it's because they want something. Maybe one wants to go outside and I'm just not letting him (because it's cold), so he vents his frustration by running around and being annoying.

Mostly though, if I need them to chillax, I feed them. They almost always seem to mellow after they've eaten. I don't a habit of it, because I don't want them thinking that midnight is another feeding time.

When worst comes to worst, I also yell. If they won't give me my space by choice, I'll get my space by terrifying them a little. Yea yea, psychological animal abuse what have you. It's not much different than the psychological abuse they inflict on me when they won't fuck off.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32727 on: February 18, 2014, 11:18:08 am »

I tried the feeding thing, which helped for a little while.  The big trouble maker would be happy for about 30 minutes or so, then go back to whining at the door.  Or making absurd amounts of noise otherwise.

What I don't really understand is why she started doing this.  For the first month or so we had her here she didn't scratch at the door or whine at it.  Then one night she did it for a few minutes and left me alone.  Then a few days later she did it for half an hour or so.  It just got progressively worse.  She's just gotten progressively more needy and clingy to the point where she now does this when I'm in the bathroom for more than about 15 seconds, and follows me everywhere.

I strongly suspect there's something deeper wrong here, but I have no idea what or how to fix it.  The only guess I have is that I'm at work for most of the day (9 AM to 7 PM), so she must have anxiety issues about me leaving or something.  I don't know, I'm no psychologist.  There's nothing I can do about that though.  Her brother is also completely cool about it.  He doesn't scratch at the door or whine.  He just has permanent megasniffles that make him snore so loud I can hear him 3 rooms away, much less when he tries to sleep on my head.  But I can't lock him out without locking her out, and then she starts whining.

Maybe I just can't give them the amount of attention they need or something and shouldn't be keeping them in the first place.  The only other solution I can think of is locking their furry butts out of the bedroom at night and sleeping with earplugs (which I am strongly considering).
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 11:21:20 am by Telgin »
Through pain, I find wisdom.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32728 on: February 18, 2014, 11:21:05 am »

Indoor cats or outdoor cats? I find indoor only cats to be unbearably neurotic.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #32729 on: February 18, 2014, 11:28:21 am »

... have you considered a space heater for that storage room, if the cold is an issue? Or just some nice thick blankets or somethin' (... are electric blankets still a thing?). Cats are pretty resistant to the whole cold thing anyway, so it wouldn't take much.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 2180 2181 [2182] 2183 2184 ... 3345