Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2198 2199 [2200] 2201 2202 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3429029 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Friendship is Shanking Edition
« Reply #32985 on: February 25, 2014, 12:14:13 pm »

My house is cold enough that my honey is frozen.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32986 on: February 25, 2014, 12:22:20 pm »

Look on the bright side tho, honey ice-cream!

Also twi, the correct answer to your question would be "ALL OF THEM, THEY SHALL ALL PAY MUAHAHHAHAHA!!!!"

*ahem*

Yes, I think the cold has affected me a bit more than expected.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #32987 on: February 25, 2014, 12:43:00 pm »

Your honey might have just crystallized. You can decrystalize it by slowly heating it, preferably by immersing the bottle in hot tap water (don't boil the water and stick the bottle in or it could melt). When the honey returns to room temperature it will still be liquid. Not sure why it does this, but it doesn't affect its freshness.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #32988 on: February 25, 2014, 12:56:32 pm »

Your honey might have just crystallized. You can decrystalize it by slowly heating it, preferably by immersing the bottle in hot tap water (don't boil the water and stick the bottle in or it could melt). When the honey returns to room temperature it will still be liquid. Not sure why it does this, but it doesn't affect its freshness.
Nooooo! Eat the crystals, love the crystals, taste the crystals! Dig em out with a spoon. I love honey crystals.
You'll find Mark to be much improved in this shanking skills. His training is coming along nicely and his skill with a shiv is much admired.
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32989 on: February 25, 2014, 01:54:20 pm »

This filled me with so much rage and disgust.

A 14 year old kid wa just arrested

for raping his own mother

why in the hell would anyone even think of that

Christ.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #32990 on: February 25, 2014, 02:17:26 pm »

Nooooo! Eat the crystals, love the crystals, taste the crystals! Dig em out with a spoon. I love honey crystals.
You'll find Mark to be much improved in this shanking skills. His training is coming along nicely and his skill with a shiv is much admired.

I melted some last night by running hot tap water over it, but it was really annoying to do.

And my honey is in a bourbon bottle so I can't dig anything out with a spoon, which is sad. It did cause the honey to do that thing that happens when you freeze a water bottle and then the outside melts, leaving a solid cylinder in the center. A big cylinder of crystallized honey is pretty cool.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #32991 on: February 25, 2014, 02:36:49 pm »

Fuck university paperwork, and fuck their lack of transparency. Hold up my admissions application because I haven't submitted a high school transcript I was never asked for, on account of having submitted a university transcript? Fuck you guys. Fail to inform me that my application isn't being processed, much less why? FUCK YOU GUYS. Suspend my application for financial aid because I haven't been admitted, when much of the available financial aid is awarded in the order in which applications are processed, and this is the first I'm hearing of this whole thing? FUCK YOU GUYS.

EDIT: And it turns out they do need the high school transcript from 7 fucking years ago that has fuckall to do with my educational background at this point even though they have a much more relevant university one sitting right the fuck there, so I get to spend 4 hours driving across the state and back because fuck if I'm going to trust a high school bureaucracy and the postal service to get it done any faster.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 02:40:06 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #32992 on: February 25, 2014, 02:58:00 pm »

Yes, I agree with you. With some things you literally need to call them every single day and ask how things are going. It's amazing some people still have jobs.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32993 on: February 25, 2014, 04:14:06 pm »

I'm reminded that my brother didn't get into graduate school somewhere because he never submitted his letters of recommendation.  They were in the packet with his application.  You know, the pieces of paper that you had to dig out of the envelope to get to the part you electronically copied so he could see it had been submitted?

At the same school my admission process didn't go a whole lot better when I transferred during undergrad.  When they were determining which classes counted for what, I found and pointed out about 5 that I should have received credit for.  "Oh.  Yeah, you're right.  Let me fix that..."  Had I not done that I would have wasted an entire semester retaking them...

This university has also misplaced or screwed up several things related to student employment for me, never mailed a parking pass I ordered online and a few other times I've had to take the same person multiple copies of signed paperwork proving that, yes, I have turned in a program of study signed by the graduate director, and yes, I have passed the qualifying exam.

I would complain more, but I think almost everywhere else is like this too.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #32994 on: February 25, 2014, 04:22:23 pm »

Yeah. A strongly worded email and a few phone calls later we're back on track with the admissions thing (I do still need to get the transcript in but they're moving the application along so financial aid can process). So at least they're fixing it, but good lord this is a frustrating process. I keep finding myself throwing up my hands, wanting to shout "Shut up and take my money!", but not in the way that implies I think they deserve reward. Bureaucracy, goddamn.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #32995 on: February 25, 2014, 05:27:50 pm »

He's got a strongly worded memo in the works.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32996 on: February 25, 2014, 05:50:04 pm »

I waer contact lenses.

They won't let me order more until I have a contact lenses eye test thing.
I don't need an contact lense thing, because it isn't my time for needing one yet.

I have to spend twenty bloody quid for them to ask "Are your eyes fine? Yes? Ok then." and then let me buy some more contact lenses.

Which they refused to order in a most condescending manner because they'd last beyond when I 'need' this contact lenses eye test. Except I'm having it tomorrow, so the contact lenses would arrive after whatever happened.

Yes, you stupid cow, I know you can't guarantee the contact lenses would arrive before the weekend. You know what would help improve those chances, though? Ordering the bloody things!

They're extorting twenty quid from me so I can continue to purchase the things that help me see. Great fucking work, specsavers, you bastards.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #32997 on: February 25, 2014, 05:51:57 pm »

"I'd like to speak with someone who isn't an idiot" but then you have to walk out because you're not getting service there after that.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32998 on: February 25, 2014, 05:53:06 pm »

I am strongly considering sending a complaint, but I don't want to be that bitchy customer. Still, she was very aggravating to talk to.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32999 on: February 25, 2014, 05:55:09 pm »

It's not bitchy if you're right, you know.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 2198 2199 [2200] 2201 2202 ... 3345