Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2208 2209 [2210] 2211 2212 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3426594 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Quickbooks? Shitbooks Edition
« Reply #33135 on: February 28, 2014, 09:25:28 pm »

My school's yearbook manufacturer requires you to use their website to edit the yearbook. As in, you can't upload pages. The interface is really awful, missing lots of things, and incredibly pointless because they could've given you the ability to upload .pdfs and they wouldn't have had to make the stupid thing.

I believe I may have figured out a workaround, though; since you can upload pictures, you could save a Microsoft Publisher page as a .png and paste it onto the page.

gnome42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33136 on: February 28, 2014, 09:59:40 pm »

Customers that will come up with new functionality out of the blue and not understand even basic functionality of a system that has existed for years.

You are right.  I spent 9 months of my life getting the specifications correct just to ignore them like you do.

Is my code perfect?  Hell no.  But it is a lot closer to what we agreed on than your random neuron firing of the week.

I at least have read the specs, and even point out holes in the modifications that should be considered.

I don't call you up outside working hours to blame you for stupidity that was pointed out two months ago. 

Put on your big boy pants, admit that your bosses would qualify for 72 hrs of observation, and we will get over it.
Don't start the conversation with why does it not do X when youstated outright is should work this way after I pointed out that this could be an issue two months ago.

Gnome

My life would be so much easier if my current customer that should know better gave a damn.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #33137 on: February 28, 2014, 10:12:15 pm »

1. Upgrade internet
2. Get 10x as fast internet speeds for the same price (because the sadists up at corporate figure they won't deign to tell people they're being ripped off)
3. Have performance degrade whenever more than one person has a web browser open for any purpose whatsoever so as to make all online games unplayable only after upgrading.

Fuck the oligarchy.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #33138 on: February 28, 2014, 10:17:03 pm »

My school's yearbook manufacturer requires you to use their website to edit the yearbook. As in, you can't upload pages. The interface is really awful, missing lots of things, and incredibly pointless because they could've given you the ability to upload .pdfs and they wouldn't have had to make the stupid thing.

I believe I may have figured out a workaround, though; since you can upload pictures, you could save a Microsoft Publisher page as a .png and paste it onto the page.

My school's yearbook requires you go through the photographers of their choice, when they tell you to do it, or your photo is not in the yearbook.

My photo isn't going to be in the yearbook.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33139 on: February 28, 2014, 11:23:17 pm »

Power supply failed in my desktop.  Again.  This is the third time.  It's over 6 years old now, but the PS failed less than a year ago last time.  Ugh.

So the last two hours were spent throwing Apache, PHP and MySQL on my laptop, restoring a backup of the database and some website code from the desktop, then fiddling with the router/modem to get my laptop to share its WAN IP instead of my desktop.  Yay, now my friends can access our little private RP forum again.  Which is being hosted on my laptop.  Over WiFi.

Well.  Time to get to shopping for replacement parts.  Really, I'd been considering replacing the whole desktop soon anyway.  It was getting to that point of having accumulated a lot of little annoying glitches anyway.  That and one of the HDDs in the RAID failed about a month ago...
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #33140 on: March 01, 2014, 08:09:58 am »

Power supply failed in my desktop.  Again.  This is the third time.  It's over 6 years old now, but the PS failed less than a year ago last time.  Ugh.

Sounds like your PS doesn't have enough wattage. Don't replace it at its current rating, go with something more powerful. They shouldn't be burning up that quickly at all. I've had power supplies that last 6 years or longer, so you're either buying crap or you're buying parts that aren't cut out for the job.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #33141 on: March 01, 2014, 02:15:24 pm »

So it looks like I have to install Ubuntu if I ever want a Dutch language-pack for LibreOffice.

I'm starting to understand why it's free >.>

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33142 on: March 01, 2014, 03:33:02 pm »

It just annoys me how Russia's basically... well, acting.

It's China disguised as a democracy, it seems.
It annoys me how people who could not tell Crimea from South Zanzibar post their political opinions in the rage thread, instead of the politics thread.

You know, some people, somewhere, actually care.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33143 on: March 01, 2014, 04:09:36 pm »

It just annoys me how Russia's basically... well, acting.

It's China disguised as a democracy, it seems.
It annoys me how people who could not tell Crimea from South Zanzibar post their political opinions in the rage thread, instead of the politics thread.

You know, some people, somewhere, actually care.
I'm annoyed. I felt like saying this here as opposed to a politics thread where it serves no purpose other than to vent a little.

Also, not making a connection between Ukraine and South Zanzibar. Hell, I hadn't even HEARD of South Zanzibar until you mentioned it. It's just the general government attitude.
Well, I am also slightly annoyed. And inclined to be rude. Sorry about that, not getting enough sleep.

The general government attitude of Russia is actually bloody mild compared to, say, America. At least it invades countries it shares borders with, and is less holier-than-thou about it.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #33144 on: March 01, 2014, 04:11:19 pm »

But this is the 21st century. You're not supposed to just invade a country that has white people in it.

We're part that, as a species.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33145 on: March 01, 2014, 04:12:23 pm »

No, no, you've got it wrong, A-M. You call bullshit on all of the governments that are abusing their authority, not just the flavor-of-the-century target.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #33146 on: March 01, 2014, 04:13:11 pm »

The general government attitude of Russia is actually bloody mild compared to, say, America. At least it invades countries it shares borders with, and is less holier-than-thou about it.

...... Lol
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33147 on: March 01, 2014, 04:21:11 pm »

No news on the Foxynaut in today's Drop Pod podcast episode (starring no less than Joost, one of the head devs)?

This thing needed to happen at some point anyway, it's a common meme over the Awesomenauts forums.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33148 on: March 01, 2014, 08:02:21 pm »

Guh, my grandmother waltzed into my room without knocking or anything. Seriously considering buying a lock for my door. DX

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33149 on: March 01, 2014, 08:14:25 pm »

Sounds like your PS doesn't have enough wattage. Don't replace it at its current rating, go with something more powerful. They shouldn't be burning up that quickly at all. I've had power supplies that last 6 years or longer, so you're either buying crap or you're buying parts that aren't cut out for the job.

Entirely possible.  It's a server motherboard because I wanted to be weird and get a dual socket system, and only a 550W power supply.  It's never been unstable so I assumed the wattage was good enough, but I didn't pay a ton for the power supply so it probably really just wasn't up to the job.

Oh well, I'm replacing the whole system now anyway.  I'll get something bigger this time, more than enough to temporarily get this one back up and running to get some of my data off of it.
Through pain, I find wisdom.
Pages: 1 ... 2208 2209 [2210] 2211 2212 ... 3345