Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2209 2210 [2211] 2212 2213 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3427719 times)

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Quickbooks? Shitbooks Edition
« Reply #33150 on: March 02, 2014, 12:49:26 am »

Power supply failed in my desktop.  Again.  This is the third time.  It's over 6 years old now, but the PS failed less than a year ago last time.  Ugh.

Sounds like your PS doesn't have enough wattage. Don't replace it at its current rating, go with something more powerful. They shouldn't be burning up that quickly at all. I've had power supplies that last 6 years or longer, so you're either buying crap or you're buying parts that aren't cut out for the job.

Entirely possible.  It's a server motherboard because I wanted to be weird and get a dual socket system, and only a 550W power supply.  It's never been unstable so I assumed the wattage was good enough, but I didn't pay a ton for the power supply so it probably really just wasn't up to the job.

Oh well, I'm replacing the whole system now anyway.  I'll get something bigger this time, more than enough to temporarily get this one back up and running to get some of my data off of it.

I usually aim for 200W more than is needed for the mobo+video card+lights/fans/whatever if they use a bunch. Might be a good bit more expensive, but I haven't had to worry about a failing power supply since and therefore save money in the long run. Good luck with your new build.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #33151 on: March 02, 2014, 12:59:05 am »

I... should probably find a better way to figure out if lines cross. This one has spiraled out of control to an outrageous degree, dwarfing everything else in the program (though a good part of that is the sea of comments necessary to parse what the shit is even happening). And I'm still evidently missing a possible scenario in which a line crosses another >_____________<
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33152 on: March 02, 2014, 03:50:16 am »

Guh, my grandmother waltzed into my room without knocking or anything. Seriously considering buying a lock for my door. DX

May I inquire what you were doing when the unfortunate event occurred?
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #33153 on: March 02, 2014, 03:57:05 am »

Guh, my grandmother waltzed into my room without knocking or anything. Seriously considering buying a lock for my door. DX

May I inquire what you were doing when the unfortunate event occurred?

...I wouldn't have.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #33154 on: March 02, 2014, 04:31:29 am »

Went to the grocery store, noticed my car was pulling hard to the left. Sure enough, flat tire! Note, it's 0 out before the wind chill, -20 when it's blowing.

Gas Station #1: Air hose appears to have a weak clamp on the hose so air leaks out where it and the nozzle assembly meets. Tire won't fill, hands freeze. Gas station attendant denies all responsibility for doing anything about it. Tire status: dangerously low.

Gas Station #2: Pump is just weak, period. Tire won't fill. Hands freeze. Tire status: Critical.

Gas Station #3: Finally find a pump with more air pressure than a weak fart. Spend about 10 minutes alternating between filling the tire and getting in the car to warm my hands. After 3 rounds of filling, the tire is fuller but still low. It looks like a major leak. So I limp home on it. Meanwhile, we're supposed to get major snows tomorrow or Monday.

*sigh* This is like the 3rd flat tire I've had in two years. Getting sick of this shit.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 04:46:26 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #33155 on: March 02, 2014, 05:01:36 am »

"The last man on Earth sat alone in a room. There was a lock on the door..."
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #33156 on: March 02, 2014, 07:57:06 am »

"The last man on Earth sat alone in a room. There was a lock on the door..."
"...and an Sexy voice being heard in the background..." :P

Also an ton for project just got given to me and having an panic about it right now with also rage

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33157 on: March 02, 2014, 09:51:34 am »

Went to the grocery store, noticed my car was pulling hard to the left. Sure enough, flat tire! Note, it's 0 out before the wind chill, -20 when it's blowing.

Gas Station #1: Air hose appears to have a weak clamp on the hose so air leaks out where it and the nozzle assembly meets. Tire won't fill, hands freeze. Gas station attendant denies all responsibility for doing anything about it. Tire status: dangerously low.

Gas Station #2: Pump is just weak, period. Tire won't fill. Hands freeze. Tire status: Critical.

Gas Station #3: Finally find a pump with more air pressure than a weak fart. Spend about 10 minutes alternating between filling the tire and getting in the car to warm my hands. After 3 rounds of filling, the tire is fuller but still low. It looks like a major leak. So I limp home on it. Meanwhile, we're supposed to get major snows tomorrow or Monday.

*sigh* This is like the 3rd flat tire I've had in two years. Getting sick of this shit.
Note: tire shops (Belle Tire, Discount Tire, et al,) will fill your tires for free. Discount does a lot of stuff for free.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33158 on: March 02, 2014, 11:16:20 am »

Week from hell. Woke up tired Monday, and ended up having triple the workload because no one else showed up. Woke up tired Tuesday, and again had thrice as much work to do.

Woke up tired Wednesday, and the other girl actually did show up, only they had her trying to do my job. In addition to having to clean up that mess, I also don't like the potential implications of that.

Adding to the stress was the feeling that my crush doesn't really like me. Fortunately, I called her and asked her if I was being a problem, and Good News! I don't terribly annoy the girl I'm in love with!

Friday wasn't too bad except the bus ride to work. Where I was standing(no seats) I only had on foot on solid floor and barely anywhere to hold on to. When a seat became available, some bitch who already had a seat jumps into it before I can move, because she felt she was somehow entitled to two seats. Then she starts this loud conversation about the tons of shit in her life, because she felt everyone needed to hear about her and her boyfriend's drug problems, or how thoroughly in love she is with him despite him already having two kids with someone else(with a third on the way).

Then Bay12 was down yesterday.

Tried to make pancakes this morning, only turned out a little bad, and worse, I found that my stepdad had hidden the syrup on me. For fuck's sake, they take $150 in food stamps from me a month, which I don't see any evidence of them using, and I'm still not allowed to enjoy the stuff I buy with my own money?! And when my stepdad noticed I was in a bad mood, he said something to the effect that I really don't have any right to a bad mood.

I'm also stressing out because the possibility of missing work tomorrow because of snow. It's a low chance, but still, I need moneys in my paycheck.
I had a lock on my door once. Then my stepdad changed the doorknob.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33159 on: March 02, 2014, 11:20:53 am »

Change it back, superglue the locking knob in place.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33160 on: March 02, 2014, 12:27:21 pm »

Get a rope ladder, be grateful for windows.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33161 on: March 02, 2014, 12:36:03 pm »

Get a rope ladder, be grateful for windows.
Disregard windows, acquire teleportation abilities.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33162 on: March 02, 2014, 12:47:38 pm »

Or just sign up for geared-to-income housing. e-e

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #33163 on: March 02, 2014, 12:53:38 pm »

... assuming there is any (or an equivalent), where Akura is. Or that A qualifies for it, if there is. Near as I can remember, Akura lives in the states. No guarantee there's anything of that nature in the area Ak's at, or that Akura qualifies, or that the situation in whatever the closest thing is wouldn't be worse than the current one.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33164 on: March 02, 2014, 01:12:01 pm »

Yeah, relying on the social safety net in the U.S. is something you do when you have no other alternative.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 2209 2210 [2211] 2212 2213 ... 3345