Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2213 2214 [2215] 2216 2217 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3524612 times)

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

http://www.sfgate.com/news/science/article/Child-dies-from-infected-rat-family-sues-Petco-5266967.php

Well, there goes about a decade of work improving the public's image of pet rats in an instant. >:(

My rage is directed towards pretty much everyone involved. Pet shop for selling puppy-mill-style mass-bred rats with a host of health problems (typical for pet stores), but also the kid's family for buying an animal there for the purpose of breeding because their 10-year-old "wanted to have his female rat get married".

Now all the people ignorantly believing that domesticated fancy rats are filthy disease-carrying vermin get those beliefs reinforced, when any animal raised in shitty conditions is going to carry the same risk factors. Raaargh.

Irresponsible pet breeding/ownership doesn't stop being fucking terrible just because the animal is small and cheap to buy. But of course that's not the takeaway message people are getting here. Instead it's "pet rats carry diseases that kill children".

(I know their reason for buying the rat has nothing to do with what happened to them, but it still makes me angry.)

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile

Look on the bright side of it: Now they won't mass-produce pet rats anymore, so the average rat is in greater health and is bought by more well-informed people.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile

My suede jacket got covered in raw egg yesterday. It's bad because if it's suede, the raw egg will never bloody come off.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile

Anything can stop a moose in its tracks if you have enough of it traveling at a high enough velocity.

Why do you make me sig you all the time, you nonsensical bastard? (No offence)
Due to Newton's depth impact approximation, another moose will travel almost exactly 1 moose into the moose, giving us 2 moose/moosemetre. This happens to be a significant critical density for bits of moose, and can only result in one thing:
Moosesplosion.
Beyond sig'd.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

I hate it when people get drunk around me. It triggers some surpressed mechanism of contempt  inside me that compels me to make them feel shitty by toying with their mental states.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

The problem with painkillers is that they wear off after 2 1/2 hours and take another half hour or so to kick in, leaving you with 2 hours of pain per cycle. So, you take paracetemol and ibroprufen every 2 hours alternating. I spent 3 weeks with a horrid abcess on this and I can confirm it's potent enough to stop a moose in its tracks.
6g of paracetamol a day?  :o What did your liver do to you to hate him so?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Fuck rain and wind with the fiery passion of a thousand sun gods!

Seriously, rain I can get, wind I can get, they're both perfectly manageable on their own.

But combined?

NOPE, just a big old fucking NOPE!
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Anything is better than bright sunny (blisteringly hot) skies *salute*
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile

+1
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

What about having feet for hands?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

So I got "One Finger Death Punch".
This game is so mindlessly fun, but it makes me RAGE at the sheer difficulty of it at times.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile

Or feet for ears?
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile

Or feet for ears?
That would be awesome. Sure, you would be deaf, but you would be able to kick people with your head.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile

Or feet for ears?
That would be awesome. Sure, you would be deaf, but you would be able to kick people with your head.
Nah, not legs. Feet. Like a pair of retarded smelly wrinkly ears with stubby fingers on them.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Old Stuff (click to show/hide)
Minor irration: What is that awesome song that Ch4 advertise to paralympics with?
Doo doo doo doodoodoodoodo doodoodoodoodo...
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers
Pages: 1 ... 2213 2214 [2215] 2216 2217 ... 3345