Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2218 2219 [2220] 2221 2222 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3428481 times)

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile

Made a complete idiot of myself in front of the girl I like today.
Have had a depressing song stuck in my head all day.
The only people I have to talk to at this time of the night are sleeping.
Now that I'm not on vacation anymore I'm not tired at all by now, while I was going to bed around 10 the entirety of my vacation.
Stupid life and things that don't make sense, and blah.

EDIT: And immediately after posting this I went on to have my mind violently molested without my consent by Youtube videos. I guess this is a good spot to call it a night.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 10:31:27 pm by Facekillz058 »
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile

You people are nuts. Here if you carry a knife over 3 inches or a slotted spoon/culinary whisk you get at least jailed. Though it is nice that less fights devolve from "i shoot u" or even to "now you get katana to the face motherfuckaaa!"... now it's randomly-sharpened mechanics tools. Though if you actually beat someone they'll pretend to think about jailing you for some months before forgetting that you exist. Bc world is fair and just yolo etc

rage thrd

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

Well, that's actually rather neat.  I can't really talk much on weapons, though.  All I really have as far as bladed weapons is concerned is a Swiss Army knife and a machete I got in Sunday school back in elementary school.  At least, I'm pretty sure it was elementary school; it's been quite some time, and I've always had a bit of a spotty memory when it comes to the "when" of things.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Why was your Sunday school giving machetes to pre-teens? O_o
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile

My brother left a couple of swords (set of katanas, replica master swords, the stuff you get from Bud-K catalogs) around when he moved out.  I've got a couple myself sitting in a corner of my room in case of emergency.  All of them are pretty sub-standard though, nothing you'd want to actually swing around for a while.  One of them the cross-guard's falling off, one's too ornamental (pointy stabby bits in the hilt) to wield, and the other one...  Well it's alright.  Can't take any into public with me though, for obvious reasons.

FAKEEDIT:

I'm curious about that myself.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

So we can go out and do the Lord's work, silly. :D

Nah, I'm kidding.  Actually, everyone in the Sunday school class got together and collected a decent amount of money for a charity in Honduras.  Our Sunday school teacher actually went down there to deliver the money and help out with volunteer work, and when he came back, he brought machetes and little carved elephants as souvenirs.  In retrospect, I'm not sure why he thought machetes were a good souvenir, but it was definitely a memorable one, for both us and our parents. ^_^

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!

Alas, I am restricted to a large collection of wooden swords, one steel prop sword, a bow (with arrows), and a full suit of armour. Hint: only one of those is useful for rapid self-defense, although some of the wooden swords are actually wicked sharp.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

The ability to run faster than the police.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile

I have 3 katanarama in my room, one is mine, one is my dad's, one is my brother's. I also have a small collection of pocket clubs knives and a steel helmet that would hurt like a bitch to be hit with in a desperate situation. Or i could just get the SKS which is closer to me than the swords actually. Or i could FIGHT THEM LIKE A REAL MAN and probably die because I'm weaker than your average six year old schoolgirl but hey.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

My brother left a couple of swords (set of katanas, replica master swords, the stuff you get from Bud-K catalogs) around when he moved out.  I've got a couple myself sitting in a corner of my room in case of emergency.  All of them are pretty sub-standard though, nothing you'd want to actually swing around for a while.  One of them the cross-guard's falling off, one's too ornamental (pointy stabby bits in the hilt) to wield, and the other one...  Well it's alright.  Can't take any into public with me though, for obvious reasons.

Theoretically speaking, what would it take to carry a real, full-sized sword around in public?
MONEH.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Armed and Sleepy Edition
« Reply #33295 on: March 06, 2014, 01:23:05 am »

Did someone say Bed Sword?

I swear I'm not that paranoid. There's just so much crap in my room, it was either there or next to the trash can, and one shouldn't disrespect their weapon like that.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #33296 on: March 06, 2014, 01:41:27 am »

I see somebody's prepared in case of Slenderman.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33297 on: March 06, 2014, 02:23:25 am »

I'm jealous. All I have is a cute little knife...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

LATE NIGHT CAMERA THINGS.

God my flash is horrible. So bright when trying to stab a turret :P

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33298 on: March 06, 2014, 03:58:23 am »

BNEEERRGGHH no monies. D:
Also I'm pissed at myself for impulse-buying a ticket to a (expensive, by my standards) concert tomorrow night, when I could have saved that money and instead gotten entry to two or more (probably better!) gigs over the weekend.
Also the thing I bought a ticket for is in an annoying part of the city to get to. Possibly the only saving grace is that a few people I sort-of know might be going too. Personally I'd rather just stick to easier to get to venues and have more money...
Why do I do this to myself. Did I mention I only just got paid a few days ago?!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile

For reference, each square is about two inches across. Hand forged and filed by me. Not quite sharp, so as a weapon it's less sword, and more metal club, but it was closer than my spear.
It looks like it'd be uncomfortable to hold. Ever thought about wrapping the hilt with something like leather, or even just electrical tape?
Pages: 1 ... 2218 2219 [2220] 2221 2222 ... 3345