Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2219 2220 [2221] 2222 2223 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3382449 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Armed and Sleepy Edition
« Reply #33300 on: March 06, 2014, 05:10:34 am »

And, purely from curiosity, why did you make the handle that way rather than the standard tang/crossguard/hilt deal? Less work?

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile

never arouses suspicions a more traditional close combat weapon would.
Unless you're in a place that, say, maybe has ice on the ground two-three days out of the year.

I actually had to look up what ice axes are. I hadn't seen one before today :P

The "tested on wolves" comment arouses more questions than it answers. Surely there's a story here.
He's Russian. There's definitely a story there.
And it explains why the ice axe is not suspicious.
And it begs the question whether Trotski was assassinated by Knit Tie. But I digress...

All I (kinda) have is my grandfather's walking stick. But it's not that stable, has too great sentimental value and is kept at my parents' house.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33302 on: March 06, 2014, 07:25:46 am »

I don't have any weaponry at the moment. :(
I need to remedy this. I used to have a pretty cool fixed-blade knife.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33303 on: March 06, 2014, 08:36:53 am »

Guys, would you care if in a case of a zombie apocalypse I go to live with you? All I have is a hoe head welded to a pipe, but the head is pretty brittle (it makes a great blunt weapon though)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #33304 on: March 06, 2014, 09:25:31 am »

Weaponry-wise, I find a regular ol' keychain pretty awesome in case of emergency. More range than a knife, and a very nasty jagged edge. Plus it's not a think anyone would mind you having.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #33305 on: March 06, 2014, 10:18:43 am »

Honestly there isn't anything he states here that is completely untrue though most of it is based in perspective. People who say that there is no value to skin color or race are quite frankly wrong. Humans are not unlike dogs in that their various breeds have certain strengths and weaknesses. White people are the most discriminated and hated race of people on earth and that is just a fact of life. It may not seem apaprent on the surface depending on where you live or how much you actually know about the world but if you look into it you will discover it rings true. Is diversity white genocide? That is the real question that they want us to ask ourselves. I'll certainly ponder it. Now if you will excuse me I am going to go chat with a beautiful brown girl who makes me very happy and continue giving everyone a fair shake.

There's a context for this and a shitty racist article it's referring to, but those really aren't necessary to fully comprehend this stupidity.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #33306 on: March 06, 2014, 10:28:25 am »

I really wonder how we're diversifying people according to how active our melanin are and judge by that instead of anything else.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33307 on: March 06, 2014, 10:57:53 am »

I really wonder how we're diversifying people according to how active our melanin are and judge by that instead of anything else.
Without wanting to be that guy: Humans are animals, which means that our various characteristics are shaped by our genes. Since ethnicity plays a large part in our genetic make-up, and ethnicity is correlated with - you guessed it - skin colour, among other things, it's rather probable that there's a degree of correlation between pigmentation and other characteristics. White people have a higher chance to be naturally blonde, for example. Black people have a higher chance of having sickle-cell disease. (Having just one copy of the defective gene gives a degree of protection against malaria...)
These are just statistical considerations; we cannot apply this line of reasoning to individuals. An aboriginee, for example, is black, but has just as high a chance of getting sickle-cell disease as my hypothetical kids, because that particular gene is onlly wide-spread in a certain region.

TL;DR: That guy's a dumbass, but sadly there are some valid considerations that he abuses.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33308 on: March 06, 2014, 10:59:37 am »

Solution?

We are either bananas or not bananas.

Rascism solved!

/not serious

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33309 on: March 06, 2014, 12:00:50 pm »

Yeah... Intelligence and strength, the two things most racists say are different between the races (whites being smarter, of course) were decided before Homo Sapiens left Africa,  and then went on to diversify into the various ethnicities. Everything else is either cultural or just stereotyping. (Such as "the Chinese are so smart and studious!")
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33310 on: March 06, 2014, 12:02:49 pm »

Yeah... Intelligence and strength, the two things most racists say are different between the races (whites being smarter, of course) were decided before Homo Sapiens left Africa,  and then went on to diversify into the various ethnicities. Everything else is either cultural or just stereotyping. (Such as Asian men being good at math.)
Huh? People from Northern Germany are definitely taller (and more blonde) than those from Souhern Germany - why should such differences not exist with, let's say, muscle strength? A slight mutation of the gene responsible for testosterone production would be sufficient...
The Bay12 postcard club

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33311 on: March 06, 2014, 12:04:46 pm »

That's because the northern Germans hate the Bavarians' guts and refuse to spread their largeness genes down there.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33312 on: March 06, 2014, 12:07:38 pm »

Because such a mutation is not necessarily ethnicity wide, and that only affects your range of capability and perhaps rate of muscle growth. You still need to work to actually build that muscle. I'm fairly certain the average muscle strength of the various ethnicities,  other things considered, are about the same.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #33313 on: March 06, 2014, 12:11:52 pm »

I was under the impression that Black Americans benefited genetically/physically from slave breeding as well.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33314 on: March 06, 2014, 12:23:40 pm »

Because such a mutation is not necessarily ethnicity wide, and that only affects your range of capability and perhaps rate of muscle growth. You still need to work to actually build that muscle. I'm fairly certain the average muscle strength of the various ethnicities,  other things considered, are about the same.
Well yeah, but they'd build up muscle mass at different rates, so the overall effect is the same. And ethnicities are kinda defined by shared mutations... Again, Northern Germans being taller is such a mutation as well.

Dutchling: There was selective slave breeding? I had not been aware of that.
The Bay12 postcard club
Pages: 1 ... 2219 2220 [2221] 2222 2223 ... 3345