Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2234 2235 [2236] 2237 2238 ... 3326

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 2003588 times)

Foamybeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KEK in all things.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Reflex Edition
« Reply #33525 on: March 17, 2014, 02:56:19 am »

So anyway, apparently I'm Anti-LGBT despite the fact that my girlfriend is a pre-transition woman (MTF, although it doesn't mater to me).  Despite the fact that I have three moms (mom came out as lesbian after her and dad didn't work out), I apparently hate lesbians.
None of that actually matters to whether or not you can hold a problematic view. And yes, you will be accused of things if you bring up problematic opinions. People are accused of things all the time. The way to work through them is not to get righteously indignant about your credentials, but to work through it with discussion. People do not know your situation beforehand, and people will react to things that sound like anti-LGBT propaganda with equal measure. If you want to have discussions about these things, you automatically have to start your conversations from where you are coming from, and not feel threatened the moment anyone dares to question you about it.

The better answer to it is a calm and collected "no, I am not, and here is why:", and not the desire to be violent on this person.

I did explain calmly, but Its the inner rage, you know? And sadly, the person who accused me of it was a 'friend' of mine who came out to me first because he knows I'm a legit guy.
Dwarf Fortress Immortality: Cask of Amontillado-ing all your dwarves.
I'm trying to figure out how creeping eyes vomit despite not having a mouth.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33526 on: March 17, 2014, 02:58:13 am »

So anyway, apparently I'm Anti-LGBT despite the fact that my girlfriend is a pre-transition woman (MTF, although it doesn't mater to me).  Despite the fact that I have three moms (mom came out as lesbian after her and dad didn't work out), I apparently hate lesbians.
None of that actually matters to whether or not you can hold a problematic view. And yes, you will be accused of things if you bring up problematic opinions. People are accused of things all the time. The way to work through them is not to get righteously indignant about your credentials, but to work through it with discussion. People do not know your situation beforehand, and people will react to things that sound like anti-LGBT propaganda with equal measure. If you want to have discussions about these things, you automatically have to start your conversations from where you are coming from, and not feel threatened the moment anyone dares to question you about it.

The better answer to it is a calm and collected "no, I am not, and here is why:", and not the desire to be violent on this person.

I did explain calmly, but Its the inner rage, you know? And sadly, the person who accused me of it was a 'friend' of mine who came out to me first because he knows I'm a legit guy.
I already editted it out because I felt like I was too harsh, and now, yeah, that sounds like a different situation than what I initially though. Sorry.

Hope that goes better for you with this friend in the future, they should know better :/
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Foamybeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KEK in all things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33527 on: March 17, 2014, 03:03:30 am »

I already editted it out because I felt like I was too harsh, and now, yeah, that sounds like a different situation than what I initially though. Sorry.

Hope that goes better for you with this friend in the future, they should know better :/

Its alright, buddy. ^^ Violence is wrong unless in self defense, or in the defense of others.

And yeah, they really should... Gets me so... Mad. >:(
Dwarf Fortress Immortality: Cask of Amontillado-ing all your dwarves.
I'm trying to figure out how creeping eyes vomit despite not having a mouth.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33528 on: March 17, 2014, 03:13:36 am »

Now you're just Putin words in my mouth
I'm Vlad that bay12 loves its puns.
Well, missing out on an opportunity like that would be Crimeanal.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #33529 on: March 17, 2014, 07:25:26 am »

Despite the fact that I have three moms

Huh? How does it work? Two, yeah, nothing strange here. But three? Is your mother polygamous or something as well?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33530 on: March 17, 2014, 07:28:38 am »

Huh? How does it work? Two, yeah, nothing strange here. But three? Is your mother polygamous or something as well?
one bio-mom and two step-moms.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #33531 on: March 17, 2014, 07:29:47 am »

one bio-mom and two step-moms.

Derp. Right. His father.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #33532 on: March 17, 2014, 09:10:51 am »

"Dude its just a bridge" ~the entire volume of literary criticism necessary for Hart Crane's "The Bridge"
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33533 on: March 17, 2014, 09:54:53 am »

*stuff*
Just one point to make:

I don't know what triggered all that. I'd just like to warn that you should never dismiss anything because "someone else has it worse." Magnitude of suffering is pretty much only relevant if you're performing some sort of triage; you'll help the one in greater pain first. If triage isn't relevant, someone being hurt is still being hurt, regardless of how small it might seem compared to someone else.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Th4DwArfY1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #33534 on: March 17, 2014, 10:15:09 am »

I'm not a homophobic person. I am not afraid of gay people. I have a friend who is gay (Granted, not a close friend, but that isn't because he is gay. If he were straight he still wouldn't be a close friend.)

I disagree with the concept of gayness.

I do not hate gays. I do not curse them. I disagree with them.

I also disagree with catholic views. I disagree with Muslim views.

So yes, when I say that I believe that there should be no gay clergy, it isn't because I hate them. It is because the bible specifically says it is wrong. Ergo, I disagree, it is my right to disagree.

But people still call me a homophobe. So annoying. If I were to say there shouldn't be adulterers in the ministry, because the bible is against that, no one would insult me.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  Th4DwArfY1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33535 on: March 17, 2014, 10:18:37 am »

I would say your religion is homophobic, and you just follow it.

You can be christian without saying gay couples should be treated differently than straight ones (within the religion). Just like you can be christian without stoning people for picking up sticks to make a fire on the Sabbath.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33536 on: March 17, 2014, 10:19:28 am »

...I think I missed the part where he said he followed an organized religion?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33537 on: March 17, 2014, 10:21:32 am »

What's the relevance of the religion in question being organized?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33538 on: March 17, 2014, 10:21:42 am »

I guess it's your choice to prefer your god to your fellow human beings.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #33539 on: March 17, 2014, 10:23:41 am »

...I think I missed the part where he said he followed an organized religion?

I wouldn't expect someone who doesn't follow a branch of Christianity to use "because the bible specifically says it is wrong" as justification for anything.
Pages: 1 ... 2234 2235 [2236] 2237 2238 ... 3326