Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2242 2243 [2244] 2245 2246 ... 3326

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 2103371 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Reflex Edition
« Reply #33645 on: March 19, 2014, 01:55:32 am »

It's not a course, it's a test.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #33646 on: March 19, 2014, 02:03:17 am »

...Signing up for AP Psych test?
Even though accounts vary, everyone has a legendary story to tell.

The Writer's Apprenticeship - A thread dedicated to literary art!

Tales of Shattered Dreams - My RTD, a continuous work in progress.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #33647 on: March 19, 2014, 02:41:53 am »

Could you sit it elsewhere?
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

This is not a link

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #33648 on: March 19, 2014, 07:32:13 am »

I don't even know why I'm posting this. I guess I just want to vent it but not to someone who's gonna try fixing things for hours.

I know that feeling.  Sorry to hear it.
I know this feeling too.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33649 on: March 19, 2014, 05:04:40 pm »

My mom still demands that she proof-read all my assignments before she allows me to submit them.

At least it's better than back in grade-school, where she did all my assignments for me. I would try to do them myself, but they were never up to her standards, so she would throw them out, do the assignment herself, then gloat about how much hers was better.

I think it was around grade five when I just gave up on doing assignments myself.
If I was actually able to argue, I would. But my mom seems to believe that she owns me, and has said that everything I do is a reflection of her, and that everything I will ever own or accomplish is actually hers.

I'm sure as hell never going to be able to do well on my own. She's never made much of any attempt to teach me anything, other than how to do the dishes and how to turn the washer and dryer on. I can't even cook, and my social skills are very poor.

I don't understand her, honestly. I get the feeling she's trying to mold me into the person she wants to be and failing at it. Either that or to make me dependent on her so that she'll always have someone around.
What the fuck am I reading? Is there school counselor or someone like that you can talk to about getting help for, because she's the one who needs help. This is some Dr. Phil level dysfunctional behaviour...
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #33650 on: March 19, 2014, 05:16:57 pm »

Yeah, go to dr Phil. I want to laugh at your mom. He might help :v

Th4DwArfY1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #33651 on: March 19, 2014, 05:20:09 pm »

I'm rather annoyed with people saying "Toady, you're way too late. Chop chop."

He'll get there when he gets there.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  Th4DwArfY1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33652 on: March 19, 2014, 05:24:59 pm »

My mom still demands that she proof-read all my assignments before she allows me to submit them.

At least it's better than back in grade-school, where she did all my assignments for me. I would try to do them myself, but they were never up to her standards, so she would throw them out, do the assignment herself, then gloat about how much hers was better.

I think it was around grade five when I just gave up on doing assignments myself.
If I was actually able to argue, I would. But my mom seems to believe that she owns me, and has said that everything I do is a reflection of her, and that everything I will ever own or accomplish is actually hers.

I'm sure as hell never going to be able to do well on my own. She's never made much of any attempt to teach me anything, other than how to do the dishes and how to turn the washer and dryer on. I can't even cook, and my social skills are very poor.

I don't understand her, honestly. I get the feeling she's trying to mold me into the person she wants to be and failing at it. Either that or to make me dependent on her so that she'll always have someone around.
What the fuck am I reading? Is there school counselor or someone like that you can talk to about getting help for, because she's the one who needs help. This is some Dr. Phil level dysfunctional behaviour...
...Well, from my honest psychological perspective, BlackFlyme, I'd really suggest you to develop yourself personally.
Erm, it very muchly seems like your mother has an Ego problem. Egotism?
Well...I'd guess most probably so due to the lack of teaching/acting out the parent role. :S

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #33653 on: March 19, 2014, 05:30:49 pm »

It gets easier the longer you stick around. I can't imagine how the next arcs will go.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33654 on: March 19, 2014, 05:31:31 pm »

People still say that? I believe we've had a few threads where the OP was like "Toady, Y U so slow?" and everybody else was like "hey OP, we're the orifice installation service, did you order a new asshole?"
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • WHERE'S YOUR MOTIVATION!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33655 on: March 19, 2014, 05:34:54 pm »

@BF

I'd just like to add that, there are at least two sides to every tale. Doesn't mean they're even remotely equal, but, still.

FWIW, years later my parents turned out to seem more and less dysfunctional to my adult self. Every kid, even in the best households, comes into conflict with their parents, has a desire for more independence than they're allotted, ect.....

When you start living, acting and thinking independently, you might suddenly find you at least understand your mother's motivations more than you do now. I don't recall you saying but, did she raise you as a single mother?
Quote from: Rumi
Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, and so I am changing myself.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?

Th4DwArfY1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #33656 on: March 19, 2014, 05:41:37 pm »

Her status doesn't really matter that much. Yes, it's hard, but at the end of the day action, not status, is what ultimately defines a person.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  Th4DwArfY1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33657 on: March 19, 2014, 05:44:36 pm »

Edit to my post:
Also tell her what you feel of her actions, BlackFlyme. She needs to know how you feel about them.
Given your response here...you're not pleased that it isn't helping.
Go tell her calmly.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • WHERE'S YOUR MOTIVATION!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33658 on: March 19, 2014, 05:47:19 pm »

Her status doesn't really matter that much. Yes, it's hard, but at the end of the day action, not status, is what ultimately defines a person.

Were you raised by a single mother? I was. And it's not about status. It's about pressure and how that pressure gets expressed in family life. The thing about action is, no one is infallible. Everyone acts like a less than stellar human being from time to time. The question that should be asked is: why? Are there circumstances, reasons or catalysts that cause it to happen? Or are they just "terrible human beings." More often than not, it comes down to fear with parents. Fear of the future for their kid. No kid or young adult really understands what that feels like, because likely nothing more than the family pet relies on them.

The point isn't excusing it, the point is understanding it. I used to absolutely hate how my father and I interacted, until I was old enough to understand why as a man. Doesn't mean I eventually approved of how he sometimes handled things. But it allowed me to talk to him about it without anger, with real empathy, because I understood why he was that way.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 05:51:48 pm by nenjin »
Quote from: Rumi
Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, and so I am changing myself.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33659 on: March 19, 2014, 06:11:59 pm »

I don't recall you saying but, did she raise you as a single mother?

It was split custody between her and my dad, but she slowly started lessening the time I had with him until it went from a direct 50/50 split in time to only seeing him every other weekend.

I did manage to get away for a bit and stay at my dad's when I worked, but I can't get to college from my dad's, so I can't go stay with him right now. Plus they don't really have space for me anyways. My mom would ask me to quit work every once in a while just so I would go back to living with her instead.

I guess she worries too much about me. Though I disagree with her ways of dealing with it.
I take great solace in your flammability.
Pages: 1 ... 2242 2243 [2244] 2245 2246 ... 3326