Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2246 2247 [2248] 2249 2250 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3429096 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Armed and Sleepy Edition
« Reply #33705 on: March 13, 2014, 05:40:12 pm »

May whatever deities that exist protect us from our inherent evilness.

Sir, I write to inform you that I am most distressed by your inexplicable habit of misspelling 'Toady' as 'deities'. I hereby suggest an evaluation of the severity of the disorder and rectifying the situation by taking appropriate measures (I must in advance apologize for delays, as our orbital cannons require a long time to warm up).
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #33706 on: March 13, 2014, 05:47:09 pm »

And is much more satisfying than hooker bombs being thrown onto unsuspecting pedestrians on the streets below.
Dubious.
Well, if any pedestrians are still alive or unharmed he can still throw his hammer at them. Or, even better (or worse?), use the hammer to nail the alarm to their bodies.

May whatever deities that exist protect us from our inherent evilness.
Nah, the hookers are already dead and decaying. It won't hurt anyone to turn them into bombs and throw them out of the window - except for the pedestrians. But then they might get hurt even if he throws only the alarm out of the window.
Yeah, it's not our fault people are so easily hurt by exploding hookers.

Y'know, prior to coming to Bay12 i never thought i would type that sentence.

That you typed the sentence isn't necessarily the bad thing. That it is accepted is.

However, I shall succumb to peer pressure and make a suggestion. Instead of throwing hooker bombs at pedestrians, perhaps you could go to the house of an enemy, leaving it on their doorstep after setting it ablaze. Then call the police and let them deal with the dead hookers and that pesky alarm. And, your enemy. Really, it's three birds one stone. Don't forget to ring the doorbell before you leave, though.

Also, scrdest, wouldn't that then say "May whatever toadies that exist protect us from our inherent evilness?" Not the best message.
Also, it's religiously ambiguous to say "Whatever toadies"...sounds like you doubt the existence of the great toad...in such a forum, such statements have dire consequences. You have been warned.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #33707 on: March 13, 2014, 05:57:04 pm »

...Why in gods name are we talking about this, again?

Because Bay12's posting cleverness on a topic-by-topic basis is a bell curve, and we're way down the right slope on this one by now.

(Translation: Moar raeg, less reflex posting.)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 05:59:09 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33708 on: March 13, 2014, 06:03:01 pm »

Fair enough.

How about a rage against coursework and exams? I'm neck deep in the damn stuff atm.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #33709 on: March 13, 2014, 06:11:44 pm »

...Why in gods name are we talking about this, again?

Because Bay12's posting cleverness on a topic-by-topic basis is a bell curve, and we're way down the right slope on this one by now.

(Translation: Moar raeg, less reflex posting.)

GOD DAMMIT PEOPLE, STOP FUCKING POSTING RESPONSES TO EACH OTHER, POST NEW RAGE-Y THINGS! GAAAAH!

Happy now? :P
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33710 on: March 13, 2014, 06:17:56 pm »

GOD DAMMIT PEOPLE, STOP FUCKING POSTING RESPONSES TO EACH OTHER, POST NEW RAGE-Y THINGS! GAAAAH!
You first.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Reflex Edition
« Reply #33711 on: March 13, 2014, 06:20:36 pm »

Well that was a raeg post, technically.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33712 on: March 13, 2014, 06:30:21 pm »

Well that was a raeg post, technically.

Nah, it wasn't a post about a rage, it was just a rage.

But seriously, I have three essays to do this week. It's ridiculous. What do I care about the Great Gatsby?  :(
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #33713 on: March 13, 2014, 06:59:39 pm »

Fuck school. If I get one more god damn group assignment or presentation I am going to scream. I have been nothing but burned out for weeks on end, and it looks like it's going to be a few more weeks before I get any semblance of a break.

Spoiler: GIF warning (click to show/hide)
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33714 on: March 13, 2014, 07:00:53 pm »

Hehehehehe. That is adorable. :))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33715 on: March 13, 2014, 07:18:00 pm »

I sympathise. Really. I do Religious Education (In which you do reams of quotes and have to learn essays off by heart) English Literature (MORE essays about Structure, Language, Imagery and Tone (SLIT), Biology (MORE essays, this time on biological processes) and History. I do not even want to talk about the number of history essays.

Damn, I hate A levels.

Dammit, I hate essays more, though!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #33716 on: March 13, 2014, 07:24:55 pm »

What do I care about the Great Gatsby?

Great American Novel, ect and so forth.

It's a popular choice among English teachers because it's a tale about how miserable rich people can be, despite their wealth, or how they're often the architects of their own misery. It's a book students can write many things about because the content is sometimes ambiguous. It also serves a role as a period piece. It's also probably required as part of some curriculum plan.

I personally found it a pretty dull read, both in high school and in college. But if you can work up the interest to do some literary analysis, it's not a terrible book to do it on. (It's also incredibly easy to just read analysis online and synthesize a quick essay from them, since every fucking student in America has had that book put in front of them.)

Dammit, I hate essays more, though!

Loved 'em. But I always separated the necessity of finishing the assignment apart from the content. The content has meaning, the assignment is just blech. So I'd get into analysis, write solid papers, get good grades on them. To the point where I became a pretty decent bullshit artist in a lot of fields. College is kinda cool because you can meander (somewhat), and explore an idea and that actually qualifies as doing the assignment. As long as...you know...your idea isn't terrible or filled with holes. In highschool? To get through the average class you need to demonstrate you have a pulse. Advanced Placement classes raise the bar a bit, but again, you get points just for trying. In college that can still hold true, although teachers there are way more likely to be looking to pick papers apart, whereas high school teachers are just glad you can write coherently.

I guess if you're inclined to be a know-it-all, essays are kind of validation for that behavior because someone is getting paid to read whatever you write, and tell you if you're right. If you're lucky, you're writing about something you actually found stimulating. If you're not, you're writing about The Great Gatsby.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 07:27:59 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33717 on: March 13, 2014, 07:37:55 pm »

Fuck school. If I get one more god damn group assignment or presentation I am going to scream. I have been nothing but burned out for weeks on end, and it looks like it's going to be a few more weeks before I get any semblance of a break.
Same here.   Just a few months ago I still liked school.  While I may not like a particular subject I could still bear it, as I could see why society itself needed to have those classes taught in school.   Now, I put the bare minimum I need to get a good grade.   Instead of my goal being to actually learn, my sole purpose in English, French, and history is to get an A or B so I can get them over with.  The only classes I put any effort in are those that actually matter, like Computer Science and Pre-Calculus, or those that I find interesting, like Chemistry and an online Latin class I'm taking.
Right now I have a large "Research" (Find people who have your exact opinion on a book) paper in English.   I've already been accused of plagiarism twice, and both times I've barely been able to prove that it was not plagiarism.  We are constantly having to do large amounts of small things that bring down my grade, such as print out notes she uploaded to the school site, or highlight information in our sources.  I have two projects in French, which total to about 750 words.  In U.S History we've moved from explaining why events happened, the IMPORTANT part of history classes, to "What old white guy did ______." 
In computer science, for my end of the year project, I chose to make a encryption program, with the ability encrypt and decrypt files and messages. To finish it I have to study math theory that is way above my current level and learn at least four different java libraries.   This is the first time I've actually been genuinely challenged doing anything for school.   But guess what I can't do?  Work on it, because I have to do this fucking English essay, where the majority of my work is shifting through people with contradictory opinions so I can find people who have the same opinion I do.   
I can't wait until the next school year begins.  I have exactly three classes at school.  NJROTC, AP Statistics, and AP Chemistry.   I am also participating in a program that let's me take classes at a nearby college.  So first semester I am taking a SINGLE English class there, and then when I actually go to college that will transfer, and I'll be done with English forever.   Then the second semester I can take something that will actually be useful, like Calculus 1 or Algorithmic Computing.   
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33718 on: March 13, 2014, 07:43:15 pm »

I found the Great Gatsby to be a book pretending to be stimulating while it lounged around boozing, just like it's characters.
This should A. Confuse you. B. Cheer you up.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33719 on: March 13, 2014, 07:53:48 pm »

So I bullied some people into watching Dr. Strangelove watched Dr. Strangelove with some guys. We were looking for something fun, and there was widespread acceptance for this movie.

Because of one guy we watched in German.

In English, it's the most brilliant movie ever made.

In German, it's more horrible than I can describe. It lost all appeal. They not only butchered it, but paid some cheap prostitutes to have intercourse with the remains.

The next guy to suggest watching something in German I'll nail to the door. By his nuts.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 2246 2247 [2248] 2249 2250 ... 3345