Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2249 2250 [2251] 2252 2253 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3428880 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Reflex Edition
« Reply #33750 on: March 14, 2014, 03:51:15 pm »

I was doodling today during lunch when some girl came up and asked if she could draw on my sheet. Against all reason, I let her. She scratched everything out, drew an oval underneath a w, said it was a drawing of her foot going up my ass, then she ran off laughing like a git.

Somebody on the bus home today thought it would be funny to constantly press the stop button every few seconds.

I can't really weigh in on the lunch topic. I mostly eat sandwiches since the school's food is crap and I don't have enough time or money to go to a restaurant. Similarly, there's nowhere close enough to my work to go out for lunch and the microwaves aren't very good.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #33751 on: March 14, 2014, 03:55:02 pm »

Try pre-ordering. My friends and I go to a sandwich place (Unch), and preordering makes it so much quicker.

The decision where to eat is almost never made until the car is moving, unfortunately. And we've often been told "Sorry, not happening" when we try to place orders ahead of time. Downtown at noon has a pretty big lunch rush, and only sandwich shops (which they won't eat at) do the pre-order thing well and consistently.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 04:06:51 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #33752 on: March 14, 2014, 04:04:37 pm »

May be breaking my 4.0 this semester, unless I can manage a +95% on my next two electromagnetism exams.
Desire to blow up random buildings... rising.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33753 on: March 14, 2014, 04:52:57 pm »

All this talk about lunch troubles reminds me why it's good to be working in the kitchen where you can make your own food. Now if I could ever finish eating it in one sitting, that would be great...
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33754 on: March 14, 2014, 04:57:02 pm »

To the person having ad problems, search your Program Files(x86) or whatever applies to you, for anything weird and delete it. If what I had is the same, then there should be a file called Bettersurf, or something along those lines. Delete it, and the ads should stop. Hope this helps.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #33755 on: March 14, 2014, 05:01:26 pm »

Divine matron of fornication, quickbooks just managed to somehow create a werfault instance that flatlined both my CPU cores at 100%. Looks like it's friday again, hahaha! This one's going to be fun. And by fun, I mean yet again my enmity for Intuit has increased!

+1 hatred, would salt the earth again.

Though @ nenjin, how the hell do you even manage to stretch a meal over two hours? After the first 20-30 minutes, whatever it is you're doing, it's not food.

I'm a little amazed myself at how we kill that much time. But it goes like this.

1. I clock out, because someone says "we're going to lunch."
2. Person A immediately goes to the bathroom for a 20 minute shit while we all wait around tapping our feet. Even though we've asked him to poop earlier, or whatever. He basically takes delight in making people wait on him.
2a. Add between 3 and 5 minutes per person that is to be included in the lunch caravan. When it's a group of 8 going out, I've known it to take as long as 40 minute to round everyone up, get them away from their desks and out the fucking door.
3. Drive between 10 and 20 minutes to the place we're going to eat.
4. Eat for 20 to 30 minutes.
5. Drive downtown to get coffee which takes, again, 10 to 20 minutes.
6. Take 10 minutes getting coffee because people drink Mixed coffee drinks rather than just pouring a cup and going.
7. Drive another 10 to 20 minutes to get back to work.

Note, these guys don't do McDonalds, Burger King or anything fast unless under duress. The closest they get is Subway.They prefer to do sitdown restaurants, or at least fast-er food that is sit down. The places they pick are usually popular so there's usually a line.

And like I said, they belligerently do not care about what other people in the office think, including their and my boss. Either because they've been there since the beginning of the company, or they're daring someone to fire them. Which leaves me, someone who takes my responsiblities seriously and has to answer to other co-workers, completely fucked.

Next time they ask you out for lunch, here is how you do it.

Email everyone 30 minutes before noon with "Lunch Group A is going out to lunch, be at the front doors before 12:00, because at 12:00 the van is pulling away and you will starve to death in your cubicle. Infamous Shitter, please shit now because nobody is waiting for you anymore. Our lunch destination today is <insert nearby restaurant here>. No other destination choices will be entertained. We will return to the building at 1:00, traffic permitting. If you would like to start a different Lunch Group that doesn't care about anyone's time, please do so. Again, Lunch Group A leaves at the front doors at 12:00 today."

Then lock the Infamous Shitter in his bathroom.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33756 on: March 14, 2014, 05:26:15 pm »

It happened again. One server breaks and EVERY server breaks, everywhere. I don't think it's just me, because that initial server messed up for everyone else on it, too. It's like the whole of the internet is broken.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #33757 on: March 14, 2014, 05:36:52 pm »

We're doing ok here.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33758 on: March 14, 2014, 05:42:17 pm »

It happened again. One server breaks and EVERY server breaks, everywhere. I don't think it's just me, because that initial server messed up for everyone else on it, too. It's like the whole of the internet is broken.
Then I restart my computer and everything is back to normal. WTF is going on, here?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33759 on: March 14, 2014, 08:15:39 pm »

My friend just tried to guilt trip me because I forgot to try to hang out with him this afternoon. I became upset, and instead of saying any of the more inflammatory things I could have said, I just said, "I'm not going to do this. Guilt tripping? After you know how I react to manipulation? Have a nice weekend."

Good? Bad? I dunno. He's in a bad place, but I'm just not going to do the whole manipulation thing.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33760 on: March 14, 2014, 08:30:48 pm »

I don't want to keep bitching, but some family bullshit happened and I'm now in an even worse mood than I was before.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #33761 on: March 14, 2014, 08:40:11 pm »

*snip*

These are people who don't tend to do well when ordered around. I'd liken them to cats, which have a genetic resistance to being herded.

My solution is to just start doing lunch on my own. I'm not going to cut into their routine, but my hours are taking a serious hit because of slackitude and I'm feeling like a dick because of it.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 08:44:18 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33762 on: March 14, 2014, 09:01:47 pm »

My friend just tried to guilt trip me because I forgot to try to hang out with him this afternoon. I became upset, and instead of saying any of the more inflammatory things I could have said, I just said, "I'm not going to do this. Guilt tripping? After you know how I react to manipulation? Have a nice weekend."

Good? Bad? I dunno. He's in a bad place, but I'm just not going to do the whole manipulation thing.

You were definitely the better person there. Urgh, guilt trippers. One of the worst ways to get someone to feel bad.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33763 on: March 14, 2014, 09:53:29 pm »

Sometimes I feel like I shouldn't let people close to me because they keep making me feel emotions and emotions make me dumb.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #33764 on: March 14, 2014, 10:57:45 pm »

I'm extremely susceptible to guilt tripping. In fact, if you give me too much time alone, I start guilt tripping myself.
I request permission in PMs to guilt trip you over this developed habit of you guilt tripping yourself, thanks.  :)

Sometimes I feel like I shouldn't let people close to me because they keep making me feel emotions and emotions make me dumb.
...Whoever said feeling emotions make you anything [Negative]?!

Though...I really suggest you to contact your friend again.
Pages: 1 ... 2249 2250 [2251] 2252 2253 ... 3345