Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2268 2269 [2270] 2271 2272 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3368241 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Reflex Edition
« Reply #34035 on: March 21, 2014, 12:42:06 pm »

I know more dudes that enjoy shopping than I know women who do. I don't think I know any womenfolk who actually enjoy shopping. :I
Depends on what I'm shopping for. Clothes? Bleh, just pick something cheap and call it a day.
Books? See you in a few hours...
I completely concur.

Pluss, have you seen women when they're looking for clothes?
'Tis a sight which would freeze the marrow and shatter the bone.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34036 on: March 21, 2014, 12:43:54 pm »

My mother in law's main hobby is shopping.

Some people fit stereotypes, some don't. They're stereotypes.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34037 on: March 21, 2014, 12:45:59 pm »

Yes, but there's a reason why we have stereotypes. Not all women like to shop, but more would than men.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #34038 on: March 21, 2014, 12:47:45 pm »

Pluss, have you seen women when they're looking for clothes?
'Tis a sight which would freeze the marrow and shatter the bone.
*looks at practicability*
*buys*
Yeah, beauty and all, but I like my clothes durable.
I hate generalization. :I

Edit: In which I miss the next two posts which disarm the stereotype.
Yay, you people! :D

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34039 on: March 21, 2014, 12:50:21 pm »

Yes, but there's a reason why we have stereotypes. Not all women like to shop, but more would than men.
Not necessarily. Some stereotypes defy all logic; see many geek and nerd ones. Confirmation bias plays heavily in these sorts of things.

And of course even proven statistical correlations don't matter much unless you're a marketer. Assuming things about individuals based on these things is no good, obviously.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #34040 on: March 21, 2014, 12:57:59 pm »

And of course even proven statistical correlations don't matter much unless you're a marketer. Assuming things about individuals based on these things is no good, obviously.
"Statistics can prove anything in this manner."
...I'm reminded of how sometimes statistics is... "abused", best term I could find to describe, to further a 'fact' in which lacks logical backing or error, pertaining to individuals and most things that can't be clarified and factualized by numbers.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34041 on: March 21, 2014, 01:05:46 pm »

Yea, statistics are one of the three types of lies.

And of course you can't judge people by stereotype. I merely meant that in a lot of cases there is a reason for it.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #34042 on: March 21, 2014, 01:20:25 pm »

Oh man I hate shopping so much. It's like everything about the experience saps me of energy, leaving me to slowly sink to the floor and die. I continue wearing old clothes until the last few threads crumble and fall away from my body, mainly because I don't like shopping for more. When I go to the grocery store I act like it's a military operation - get in, get out, hope nobody I care about dies. I just want the thing that I need to appear in front of me, at a reasonable price, and I give them the money for it.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34043 on: March 21, 2014, 01:23:52 pm »

Shopping can be fun. I like looking at nice things. Things that I mentally note to get later.

Plus at the grocery store I shop like the Doctor saves the world. I got in without a plan and make it up as I go, usually coming out on top.

It... It's on the level of national catastrophe when it doesn't go right. Don't ask why.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34044 on: March 21, 2014, 01:27:11 pm »

Oh man I hate shopping so much. It's like everything about the experience saps me of energy, leaving me to slowly sink to the floor and die. I continue wearing old clothes until the last few threads crumble and fall away from my body, mainly because I don't like shopping for more. When I go to the grocery store I act like it's a military operation - get in, get out, hope nobody I care about dies. I just want the thing that I need to appear in front of me, at a reasonable price, and I give them the money for it.

To be fair, buying some food I can live with (and I usually get a little bit of something for myself so can't really hate on that).
But buying clothes is a bloody nightmare and I always hate when I have to buy a new pair of shoes or a new coat. It's just ridiculously boring, repetitive and I honestly fail to see how some people can find that fun.

And of course my mom refuses to let me stay at home. And of course I won't be able to sleep at my grandparents' just because of how LOUD and HOT it's there. (alright, it's not scorching-hot, but my house is a rather chill place, and there isn't the noise from the streets 24/7 going on)
All the more reason for me to post here.

Come on mom, I'm not 7 anymore! *insert rageface here*

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #34045 on: March 21, 2014, 01:28:12 pm »

I actually like going out to buy stuff if I got some spare money. The problem is I usually DONT have personal money.

And I'm actually mildly agoraphobic.

So yeah I have a love hate relationship with going to literally any store.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #34046 on: March 21, 2014, 01:29:51 pm »

What if they constructed a tunnel leading from your bedroom to the store? They could throw in a really snazzy floodgate.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34047 on: March 21, 2014, 01:30:57 pm »

I like buying things.
I just don't like pacing around looking at things. I really don't need that long to decide whether to buy something or not.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #34048 on: March 21, 2014, 01:32:02 pm »

What if they constructed a tunnel leading from your bedroom to the store? They could throw in a really snazzy floodgate.

If they did that I'd probally sneak in every night to steal all their premade sushi. You know what this is a great idea. I should start digging.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34049 on: March 21, 2014, 01:33:44 pm »

If they did that I'd probally sneak in every night to steal all their premade sushi. You know what this is a great idea. I should start digging.
At least just leave a tip on the counter before you leave.
Pages: 1 ... 2268 2269 [2270] 2271 2272 ... 3345