Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2271 2272 [2273] 2274 2275 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3417988 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Reflex Edition
« Reply #34080 on: March 22, 2014, 11:37:01 am »

Why is that a rage?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #34081 on: March 22, 2014, 11:39:38 am »

Why is that a rage?

I'm assuming that it's because he and the rest of the team have to idle around for at least an hour, and the weather may not be that nice to be sitting around in the morning in.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34082 on: March 22, 2014, 11:41:53 am »

Why is that a rage?
Five hours of complete boredom, with nothing to eat, this is much longer then it was supposed to be, several members of my team have a major race they are going to miss, and my phone ia nearly out of battery.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #34083 on: March 22, 2014, 12:01:34 pm »

Why is that a rage?
Five hours of complete boredom, with nothing to eat, this is much longer then it was supposed to be, several members of my team have a major race they are going to miss, and my phone ia nearly out of battery.

Sympathies. I once got hauled 300 km back to my hometown, then another 300 to the destination, which was only 80 km from the place I've started, only to find out I wasn't even needed there.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #34084 on: March 22, 2014, 12:37:42 pm »

Doing house work for grandparent. Told to caulk nail holes. Told to use hands. Silicone caulk. Pissed off now. It's not coming off. And I don't think anything good at taking this junk off is in this house. E: Salvation! Acetone! My hand feels like flesh again!

Admittedly, part of this rage is inexperience and not being as cautious about directions as I should have been, but goddamnit I shouldn't have to be second guessing someone who's been doing construction and whatnot longer than I've been freaking alive. And now one of my hands feels freaking unnatural. E: Problem solved. Now to find a better way of applying this junk that doesn't involve my flesh turning into plastic.

Well, live, learn, get pissed off at the elderly.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 12:43:28 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34085 on: March 22, 2014, 12:45:13 pm »

Yikes. I'm no good at vocational, unfortunately.(There's more chance of getting a job, and good money, if you do vocational.) I'm stuck with the Arts :/
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #34086 on: March 22, 2014, 12:54:36 pm »

Doing house work for grandparent. Told to caulk nail holes. Told to use hands. Silicone caulk. Pissed off now. It's not coming off. And I don't think anything good at taking this junk off is in this house. E: Salvation! Acetone! My hand feels like flesh again!

Admittedly, part of this rage is inexperience and not being as cautious about directions as I should have been, but goddamnit I shouldn't have to be second guessing someone who's been doing construction and whatnot longer than I've been freaking alive. And now one of my hands feels freaking unnatural. E: Problem solved. Now to find a better way of applying this junk that doesn't involve my flesh turning into plastic.

Well, live, learn, get pissed off at the elderly.

Using acetone is generally not a good idea either. Doubly so if you happen to enjoy having decent nails. Try using diethyl ether, if you can get some (AND FOR ALL THAT'S DEAR TO YOU, VENTILATE THE ROOM IF YOU HAVE ANY SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNT).

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #34087 on: March 22, 2014, 12:57:22 pm »

Yeah, not substantial amount, room afterwards ventilating. After this, I'm just not getting any of the stuff on my hands (Disposable latex gloves, equipped!), so no reapplication. No access to ether without going out and buying some, though. And I have no idea where you'd buy some :-\
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 01:02:13 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34088 on: March 22, 2014, 12:59:06 pm »

Your grandparent would probably know, right down to the local store. And you sound knowledgeable as a bonus.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #34089 on: March 22, 2014, 01:12:58 pm »

Yeah, if I have to get this stuff off my flesh again, I'll probably go looking. No doubt be pretty easy to find via internet or contacting folks more familiar with the area. Right now, though, I've got gloves on and have repurposed an icing spreader thingy for application, so the stuff's not getting back on my precious, precious flesh.
Ask not!
Ask!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #34090 on: March 22, 2014, 01:15:04 pm »

You can use impure one in starting fluid from auto parts store. It's ether mixed with some petroleum products. Obviously, flammable as fuck.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #34091 on: March 22, 2014, 01:51:43 pm »

You can use impure one in starting fluid from auto parts store. It's ether mixed with some petroleum products. Obviously, flammable as fuck.
There is no way this could go wrong.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #34092 on: March 22, 2014, 02:12:29 pm »

FML: Caulk told to use to caulk nail holes, in preparation for painting wall: Non-paintable.

Only paintable caulk in house: 7-14 day dry time.

Asked to have wall painted by: Monday.

Wheee.

E: Meh, screw it. Wait a couple hours to let it set, paint over it anyway. You give the order and no heads up as to possible complications to someone completely untrained for and unexperienced with the given task, you take the results that happen.

E2: Bright side, I have learned several things about caulking I didn't know before today. It's something.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 02:20:49 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #34093 on: March 22, 2014, 03:25:34 pm »

There is no way this could go wrong.

Not worse than acetone. Comparable, but it's more 'FOR FUCK'S SAKE, DO NOT HAVE OPEN FIRE' and less long term damage.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34094 on: March 22, 2014, 05:01:34 pm »

Acetone can peel varnish off wood. Fun stuff.

Anyway. goddamn Computer Architecture class. The professor doesn't know how to lecture, teaches straight from slides available to us, and the homework is pretty asinine.
Pages: 1 ... 2271 2272 [2273] 2274 2275 ... 3345