Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2297 2298 [2299] 2300 2301 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3427488 times)

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Adult Children Edition
« Reply #34470 on: March 30, 2014, 02:58:05 am »

I know this is a really petty thing to rage about but the word 'troll' has reached 'epic' level. I'm not a troll for disliking Beyond: Two Souls, non-specified person. I'd be trolling if I was pretending to dislike Beyond to annoy you. Having an opposing opinion is not trolling.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34471 on: March 30, 2014, 04:26:47 am »

No, see, having a visible minority (for certain relative meanings of minority) opinion is what is trolling. How dare you post your thoughts on a public forum, have you no shame?! Innocent people might read them!

It's not -having- the opinion, no no no. I'm okay with gays Beyond: Two Souls-haters, I just don't want them to flaunt it in public! :V
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #34472 on: March 30, 2014, 06:39:06 am »

I know this is a really petty thing to rage about but the word 'troll' has reached 'epic' level. I'm not a troll for disliking Beyond: Two Souls, non-specified person. I'd be trolling if I was pretending to dislike Beyond to annoy you. Having an opposing opinion is not trolling.
It ain't petty, actually.

The term of trolling has been diluted so much that many mistake it and use it as an aggressive term before understanding the person.

In which I rage. Get your terminology right, humans.

:I

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34473 on: March 30, 2014, 08:10:35 am »

Got 20 centimetres of snow last night. Why won't this hellish winter just end?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34474 on: March 30, 2014, 08:59:47 am »

Goddamned Headphones.

Goddamned Bird.

Only good thing out of this situation is that they're bluetooth and thankfully, my bird hasn't gotten into that ::)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34475 on: March 30, 2014, 10:26:41 am »

It ain't petty, actually.

The term of trolling has been diluted so much that many mistake it and use it as an aggressive term before understanding the person.

In which I rage. Get your terminology right, humans.

:I
Either like what I like or go away yuo troll!
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34478 on: March 30, 2014, 09:50:41 pm »

Quote from: That guy from that article
"Government has already overtaken freedom of speech, freedom of religion, the Second Amendment," said Teresa Frerking of Kentucky. "I have lost total faith in the government."

Thompson, appearing with Lusko on the CPAC panel, said the theme of "the government trying to dictate what Christian ministers can say ... is not so far-fetched today."

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Persecuted-movie-Christian-Fred-Thompson/2014/03/10/id/557015#ixzz2xVLYEQGc
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!

Well.

It seems we can't keep guns...

* Iceblaster points to all gun shops

Speak freely.

* Iceblaster points at the internet

And we can't worship the Flying Spaghetti Monster or Allah or any other gods.

* Iceblaster points at mosques, synagogues, and many other religious building in America

Tooootally not allowed any freedom at all.

We are TOTALLY, in a goddamned unfree land. Totally not being beaten for speaking up against the governent, or using the internet and going to the wrong places(though technically...) and we can't worship something other than a government mandated religion.

Yeah. I think it's TOTALLY accurate.

/sarcasm.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 09:55:47 pm by Iceblaster »

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34479 on: March 30, 2014, 09:55:47 pm »

Oh boy, another film about how Christians are persecuted in America.
Fred Thompson! He's a good ol' boy.

At the risk of sounding like a prat, I'm gonna quote myself from a different thread, last week: I guess one of the lessons here is 'nothing reinforces an ideology like a persecution complex, even if you're the majority'.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34480 on: March 30, 2014, 09:56:18 pm »

In Russia, cristianity is very forcefully endorsed by the government for propaganda purposes, so the populace is quite distinctly split between its supporters and its opposers, with a lot of animosity between the two.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #34481 on: March 30, 2014, 11:25:32 pm »

There was also a screening of the movie at CPAC on Friday night, which was well received by the conservative crowd.

Avi Davis, president of the Los Angeles-based think tank American Freedom Alliance, told Politico that "Persecuted" showed what could be realistic events, "given our current administration."

Other CPAC attendees had similar thoughts about the film.

"It was very credible in this day and age," said Marlene Curry of Virginia. "I grew up in a country where government was restrained and represented the people. And of course that's no longer the case."

You know, they could've made it easier to understand and just said "black people aren't true Christians" [y'know, because Obama is a Muslim and all non-whites are a direct threat to persecuted Christians (see: Florida)]
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34482 on: March 30, 2014, 11:27:43 pm »

Actually, he seems to be going a bit further than that and saying "black people aren't actual Americans".
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34483 on: March 30, 2014, 11:30:29 pm »

Here's another film, except it's about persecuting christian children.

This documentary is scary. The woman literally says "We should be teaching these kids to die for god like the muslims do in Pakistan and Iraq"

I know this doesn't represent -all- Christians. But man these evangelicals. They scare me.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #34484 on: March 30, 2014, 11:31:54 pm »

Jesus camp is an incredible piece of comedic art. Don't you ever talk down about that film.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian
Pages: 1 ... 2297 2298 [2299] 2300 2301 ... 3345