Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2302 2303 [2304] 2305 2306 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3427040 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Adult Children Edition
« Reply #34545 on: April 02, 2014, 01:19:08 pm »

He's preemptive-aggressively telling you to look it up yourself, you lazy bastard :P
Love, scriver~

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #34546 on: April 02, 2014, 01:34:58 pm »

It's like linking someone to Let Me Google That For You.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34547 on: April 02, 2014, 01:50:39 pm »

He's preemptive-aggressively telling you to look it up yourself, you lazy bastard :P
I was so subtle, even I didn't know I was doing it!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34548 on: April 02, 2014, 02:08:08 pm »

Bus ride was goddamn slow. A mother with three girls and wouldn't stop yelling at them. I saw a schoolbus turn halfway into a busy intersection before stopping and letting some kids off.

Also, screw Mediafire. Goddamn popups and captchas. Trying to close a popup instead closed my main browsing window(which was also open to me making this post) because Chrome doesn't warn you about closing multiple tabs like IE does. And both McAffee and Chrome won't let me download Pokemon Zeta for some goddamn reason.

PRE-EDIT: Which might actually be justified, since before posting this, the listed filesize for Zeta changed.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #34549 on: April 02, 2014, 03:17:22 pm »

My ex-boss is likely to leave the department sooner or later after the bullshit he was subjected to. I'm kind of hoping it's later because he's about the only one worth a damn around here.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #34550 on: April 03, 2014, 12:46:57 am »

High frequency trading is such complete bullshit. Even more so then all the other predatory behavior on the stock market, HFT adds absolutely nothing of value whilst screwing over everyone who doesn't have computers in the same room as the exchanges computers.
EDIT: A rather interesting article on it.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 01:11:33 am by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34551 on: April 03, 2014, 03:21:09 am »

Is that the thing where a computer buys stock and sells it to you In those few milliseconds it takes you to buy stock?

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #34552 on: April 03, 2014, 04:43:28 am »

Is that the thing where a computer buys stock and sells it to you In those few milliseconds it takes you to buy stock?
Yup. It basically skins anyone who doesn't have really fast computers and blazingly fast access speeds, because they can't do any trading at all.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34553 on: April 03, 2014, 04:45:14 am »

How can inserting yourself as a superfluous middleman that the buyer is unaware of even be legal?

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #34554 on: April 03, 2014, 05:03:02 am »

How can inserting yourself as a superfluous middleman that the buyer is unaware of even be legal?
I suspect that, as with many things involving amoral corporations, the answer is "AmericaTM."

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #34555 on: April 03, 2014, 08:14:00 am »

Guy rapes his toddler daughter, gets sentenced to 8 years probation because "he wouldn't fare well in prison"

Oh, BTW....the guy is also heir to the DuPont family fortune. I'm sure that had nothing to do with it, though.  ::)

Why do we even bother with trials for the rich anymore?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #34556 on: April 03, 2014, 08:34:42 am »

Here's the apparent rest of the story, from earlier in the thread where it first came up. Tl;dr: Guy was probably bugnuts, and unlike most people could actually afford to put himself in a mental hospital, so that instead of prison. At least assuming the sealed envelopes and whatnot weren't massive bribe checks *shrugs*
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 08:36:42 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34557 on: April 03, 2014, 08:35:20 am »

I prefer thinking of it as "he won't live long enough that a longer sentence would make a difference" because I don't think I could take it otherwise.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #34558 on: April 03, 2014, 09:26:26 am »

Here's the apparent rest of the story, from earlier in the thread where it first came up. Tl;dr: Guy was probably bugnuts, and unlike most people could actually afford to put himself in a mental hospital, so that instead of prison. At least assuming the sealed envelopes and whatnot weren't massive bribe checks *shrugs*

Pre-empted rage rage seems to be a recurrent theme for me.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34559 on: April 03, 2014, 12:16:17 pm »

Trees are encroaching upon my lawn! Along the fences on 3 of the five sides, trees are popping up faster than ever! On one of these sides, the asshole built a fence (facing the wrong way, because he was a stupid jackass), and in the gap between his wooden fence and our chain link fence, trees keep sprouting up. Though they moved out a few years ago, we still have to clean up after their bullshit. I swear, we must have gotten a good 6 new pine trees growing in there since the beginning of last winter alone. Naturally, we have to cut them without breaking the fences, and before the trees themselves break the fences. These new trees, and some old ones they had for decoration, also grow very long branches that stick out several feet into the yard. I can't even mow the lawn without getting many faces full of tree. I don't have the proper tools to cut these things, and even if I did, I wouldn't have the room to use them because that dickhead couldn't bother to build his crap in a reasonable manner. So I'm stuck trying to contort my hands and maneuver a pair of old pruning shears in between two fences and a bunch of plants (did I mention the thorny vines? Yeah, we got those) to cut these thick-ass branches. And when summer is over, everyone else's leaves end up in our lawn. Fuck our neighbors! Fuck these trees! They are all stupid!

Though, one of these new tree was somewhat interesting. It was growing up, straight through the chain link fence. It was actually weaving in and out of the individual links, and growing in girth to actually partially cover them up. I wanted to get rid of it, but it's too thick to cut, and untangling it would be something else.

edited for typos
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 12:29:54 pm by Lagslayer »
Pages: 1 ... 2302 2303 [2304] 2305 2306 ... 3345